Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Injuries and predictions

Well, I said that injuries were going to decide this divisional race, and looks like the Vikes are getting the first lick. Of course, I figured it would be us alone vying for the title, not the Lions.

So, with complete respect, how has the injury situation affected some of your predictions on how your team is going to do? Many of you felt the division and conference were wrapped up before the season started.

And I'm sincerely interested. We could get into a full conversation, if you wanted, about how my opinion of the Packers has changed also, after last week's debacle, but I wanted to know how you guys felt about your team.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Injuries and predictions

While I'm confident the Vikes will be very competiive, I'm always hesitant to toot their horn too loudly for exacty the reason you cite: injuries. Any team can lose a few key players, and their season goes into the crapper. I just hope the Vikes get injured early on, and then heal and come on strong at the end of the season. Additionally, I think the Eagles game was a good learning experience for the new guys. As far as the Slackers and Teddys' game... I don't know what the hell happened there... apparently the CheeseWhiz snorters got complacent in their own house and took the Teddys' for granted.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Injuries and predictions

I think that the Vikes will patch the holes that injuries have caused and jell as a team again. The main cogs are still in place and as long as the D comes around, the Vikes can contend for a playoff berth. As far as getting to and winning the Super Bowl, it will take as much luck as the Pats had the two years that they won it all.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Injuries and predictions

I am a bit frightened. We lost Kleinsasser and Rosenthal this week. That is like 2 O-linemen. And now one of our pass catching tight ends , Wiggins, is out for at least 2 weeks. Our RB situation will only improve over time especially after the bye, but it might not due to our O-line.

I think bottom line, regardless of injuries- we need a Pass rush. I will be slightly more comfortable if we can get a few sacks and turnovers this week vs. Da'Bears heading into a bye week!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

Injuries and predictions

Grossman is goin' down this Sunday. I look for UDZ and KWill to get at least one each, and Mixon (he is back this week isn't he?) to be raring to go and making up for lost time. If Dontarrious gets into the game, he may have a little to prove as well.

KansasStateViking is offline Training Camp

Injuries and predictions

I agree Fatman the qb is going to be in trouble. They have no recievers and if we can bottle up that little gitterbug Jones we will win by at least 3-4 tds
    "Ain t nothing but 10 grand. What s 10 grand to me?" - Randy "Moonman" Moss

Injuries and predictions

Works for me.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Injuries and predictions

To tell you the truth i dont think the bears are that great. I mean they got a decent defense but loosing Brown hurt. We need to stop the run in this game if we can do that we win no doubt.

I think that if Ahman Green would not have lost that fumble near the goal line the packers would have won there is no doubt in my mind.

Its kinda like the play with the vikings were Winfield was called on the holding, they would have had to punt and they got a TD out of it. If they would have punted we would have had the ball back up 3-0. They would not have scored, that put us down 3-7, we should be able to overcome that but i think if that holding was not called it would have changed the whole complextion of the game. Just like Ahman Greens fumble.

Injuries and predictions

And that indeed was the turning point of the game. My girlfriend couldn't understand why I was so pissed off because there was so much time left in the game. But that was the moment that I became very skeptical that the Vikes would win. I know that I should have had more faith, but the subsequent FGs (instead of TDs) further confirmed the dark cloud that I saw forming over the Vikings chances to win. Nothing like a win over da Bears to heal the wounds, though. Can't wait for Sunday.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Injuries and predictions

Vikings - 31
    Bears - 13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast