vikingtim is offline Waterboy

injuries are just killing us....

the nfl gods have cursed us all year....making it hard for us to be a force in the playoffs. injuries have just been mounting and are continuing to mount. Now Burk out for at least three games, right tackle position to me, is just a mess, having to keep a TE in to help block. ale: I don't know boys, with injuries in the LB position all year, which makes it hard to get any consistency out of that position, and if we were healthy there, just maybe it would be playing a little better than it has lately. We just need a break for the last part of the year and put on a drive to keep going in the playoffs.. Here's to the vikings for hanging in there and fighting through so many problems. :salute: :salute:

I guess we will now know what kind of debth we have now. Lets see if its good debth. Go vikings!!!!!!! and win tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

The Vikings have almost a whole starting line-up out this year. I must question the condition of the players because this is just way to many injuries for one team.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

vikesfan is offline Starter

I am surprised that the Vikings have had so many injuries this year because in the offseason didn't they hire some great trainer for the team who had worked with Ray Lewis in past years? I could have my info wrong, but I thought I remembered reading something about how the conditioning of the entire team was supposed to be significantly better this year. Obviously injuries in football will happen regardless of how great of shape somebody is in, but the Vikings seem to have been hit much worse than usual.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I seem to remember that Rosenthal came into camp in great shape and that Moss had put on some muscle, so I have to believe that it wasn't conditioning that was lacking. Bennett's injury was a freak thing and Ken Irvin's was kinda freaky as well. Kleinsasser, Mewelde, and the LBs all had injuries that are normal in football, so again, I don't think that conditioning caused those problems. Birk's injury looks like it was some sort of chronic problem and I wouldn't question his offseason workout ethic...so overall, I would have to disagree with your assessment. As much as it seems cliche, I have to just chalk it up to luck of the draw...we just ended up with alot of injuries early and added to that problem as the season wore on...considering all that, the Vikings have a very good chance to roll into the playoffs in pretty good shape...and if the Defense can pick it up some, win some playoff games...who knows if they can sustain some momentum, they could carry it all the way to the Super Bowl (although I don't want them to make it there only to lose again...I couldn't take it)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Every team in the NFL has to deal with injuries, it's just a fact of NFL football. It's all about how teams get past them, and work around them. The packers had a hurtin' defense, still do. We've also got a hurtin' backfield now too. Something similar is true for all the rest of the teams, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.. but it's no excuse.
    GO PACKERS!

Although I have a load of respect for Tice, I think his coaching has something to do with this injury situation. It can't all be coinidence, except for maybe Moss and Kleinsasser
    Sean Saunders

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Steamed Turtle" wrote:
    Every team in the NFL has to deal with injuries, it's just a fact of NFL football. It's all about how teams get past them, and work around them. The packers had a hurtin' defense, still do. We've also got a hurtin' backfield now too. Something similar is true for all the rest of the teams, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.. but it's no excuse.
    While I can agree with most of that statement, I'll add that the teams with the fewest injuries usually advance the farthest and are a more dominate team in the playoffs, usually. Nobody is using the Vikes injuries as an excuse we're just saying it would be nice to have our starters back.

SKOL Vikings!!!

Calmwind is offline Starter

How can his coaching injure the players? John Fox took the Carolina Panzies to the superbowl last year, and they are totaly depleated this year to injury! They run the same game plan as last year ( i know because i am from NC and have to sit through their games on sundays ) so coaching dosent cause injuries, it is just football!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

"Steamed Turtle" wrote:
    Completely agree. Its a problem for everyone that varies from year to year.....Cant use it as an excuse.