Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injuries

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Injuries

Just a note:

I said a long time ago that the race between the Vikes and the Pack would most likely come down to injuries.

In the game we played, we played without Davenport (who would have spelled Green more and been more effective than Fisher) and Jackson (who is a force against the run, which killed us).

Now, that said, I'm not using it as an excuse. We lost because we beat ourselves.

But, then I don't expect to hear Bennett, Williams, and Kleinsasser et al being used as excuses either, in the event the Eagles win tonight. :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Injuries

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Just a note:

I said a long time ago that the race between the Vikes and the Pack would most likely come down to injuries.

In the game we played, we played without Davenport (who would have spelled Green more and been more effective than Fisher) and Jackson (who is a force against the run, which killed us).

Now, that said, I'm not using it as an excuse. We lost because we beat ourselves.

Looks like and excuse to me Los?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Injuries

This game is building up to be one the Vikings will win.

There is a lot of hype surrounding it. And they are underdogs. I have confidence we will win this one.

If we do lose I won't make any excuses, because this is a sport and in any sport it is played by people. Sometimes people have bad games. The packers made mistakes the Bears capitalized on them. There is no reason to think that the Packers will be a push over by the time we play them.

I watched some of the GB game and I thought Fisher ran fairly well. i saw him hit the hole with quickness and make a couple big runs. From watching the game I got the impression that GB got what they deserved. They didn't handle the ball well and seemed really confident they would win.

The Bears had everything to prove, and to some extent they did. i would anticipate a win streak for them because this had to be a huge confidence booster, but they play the Vikes so unfortunatley for them their win streak will end.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Just a note:

But, then I don't expect to hear Bennett, Williams, and Kleinsasser et al being used as excuses either, in the event the Eagles win tonight. :-)
    It is an excuse. The difference between the Vikings and packers is that we have depth, you dont. One or two of your guys goes down, and you blame it on the backups who cant hold there own. We will be without Bennett and Moe and Jimmy but we have good depth we have Wiggins who isnt the best blocker but thats why we drafted the nasty scrapper from Maryland (dugen i dont know the spelling). Then are RB we have Onterrio and Mewelde. We are missing our #1 and 2 but we're still goin strong.

"vikingstw" wrote:

It is an excuse. The difference between the Vikings and packers is that we have depth, you dont. One or two of your guys goes down, and you blame it on the backups who cant hold there own. We will be without Bennett and Moe and Jimmy but we have good depth we have Wiggins who isnt the best blocker but thats why we drafted the nasty scrapper from Maryland (dugen i dont know the spelling). Then are RB we have Onterrio and Mewelde. We are missing our #1 and 2 but we're still goin strong.
    And if the Vikes win, I'll give you props. If they lose, however, your theory is gonna have holes in it. Philly's a little step up from Geritol QB and the no-name team you played last week.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Del Rio Guest

Injuries

Injuries effect teams in different ways. A lot of all star players have sat the bench only to emerge extreemly productive when an injury occurs. So I don't know how much weight I would give injuries at the formentioned positions.

As far as playing a better team this week that's for sure. And if we lose I guarantee it will not be because of injuries.

I'd also like to take a guess and assume that that no-name team we owened in week 1 was better then the team that grounded the Pack in week 2. When you have Ahman Green and Favre, with a solid line and ok recievers you can't use injuries as an excuse it just doesn't fly.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Injuries

Or maybe you lost because *gasp* the Vikings outplayed you. Why can't fans ever admit that? If it's not the refs or injuries, then it's "we beat ourselves"

I am hoping the Vikings can win tonight, but if they don't it will be because they were outplayed by a very good Eagles team. You are right about one thing, we will not be able to say it was because we didn't have Bennett and Kleinsasser.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Injuries

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Or maybe you lost because *gasp* the Vikings outplayed you. Why can't fans ever admit that?
    I was going to try that excuse, but we played the Bears.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Injuries

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    Or maybe you lost because *gasp* the Vikings outplayed you. Why can't fans ever admit that?
    I was going to try that excuse, but we played the Bears.
    lol...yeah that's what I meant, sorry. Maybe I'm just thinking too far ahead
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:

And if the Vikes win, I'll give you props. If they lose, however, your theory is gonna have holes in it. Philly's a little step up from Geritol QB and the no-name team you played last week.

That no name team we played last week (let me think, the Cowboys), held Cleveland to 202 total yards!

Vinny through for 322 yards and 1 TD, they rushed for another 126 yards.

441 total yards.

not that shabby!!!

but they were a terrible team because the Viking beat them.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast