Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Injured Reserve - 3 heavy hitters

"donjen95" wrote:
    what we need is for the defensa to start stepping it up now. losing udeze is not hte end of the world.
    No it wasn't the EOTW but it sertainly threw a monkey wrench into things didn't it? It wasn't long after he went out and an injury to Johnstone that we decided mid season that 3-4 was our defense of choice (or by default).

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Every team has injuries. What winning teams do, is figure out how to win with the players they have. For us, that means we need this defensive unit to play like they are capable of. They need to carry this team if we are going to go anywhere this season.

I'm hoping we can get 17-20 ppg with our offense with Brad under center. They will have to play better than they have all season to do it, but it can be done. That means the D needs to hold the opponents to under 17/game. We have all the right tools, we just need the right plan. IMHO the defense has to start attacking the offense instead of reading and reacting to the offense. If we can do that, we will make the rest of the season a little interesting for everyone.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

A lot of teams do in fact have to deal with injuries, however what would the patriots be without Brady, the Pack without Favre, the Colts without Peyton, few teams that turn out great lose there all-pro qb, the loss of daunte is gonna be tough. You build your team around your qb, it is hard to replace him.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I broke a finger nail today,

But that doesn't mean I'll quit my jod and close up shop tomorrow...

The Vikings will finish this season out with a bang...

I really believe this.......

GB and the Jets.....well, I don't see much hope for them....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

donjen95 is offline Rookie

cottrell has wanted the 3-4 since the beginning. this was just a convenient excuse.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

I broke my nail yesterday and then over trimmed it this morning to fix it....Oh woo is me :cry:

this of course would be the end of any other kind of fan like say the plowboys

Injuries will settle down and we will start to move

Can we put coaches on the IR for mental disabilities

stek is offline Rookie

Awesome! We've found where we're the best in the NFL. Our injured reserve could kick your injured reserves ass!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

losing birk before the season even started hurt us the most. thats how good of a player he is.
    yes every team does have its injuries. those teams who have great coaching can get over this problem. ie the patriots.
    We're bringing purple back.

"CynicalVike" wrote:
    Every team has injuries. What winning teams do, is figure out how to win with the players they have. For us, that means we need this defensive unit to play like they are capable of. They need to carry this team if we are going to go anywhere this season.

I'm hoping we can get 17-20 ppg with our offense with Brad under center. They will have to play better than they have all season to do it, but it can be done. That means the D needs to hold the opponents to under 17/game. We have all the right tools, we just need the right plan. IMHO the defense has to start attacking the offense instead of reading and reacting to the offense. If we can do that, we will make the rest of the season a little interesting for everyone.
    F'n A, it sure couldn't hurt to be more aggressive. Holy shit we are a bunch of pansies out there on the field. Get after the F'n QB.

I am sure everyone of our D guys want to do that. Shit, I have heard them say it in every interview they have given in the last 2 weeks.

IMO, the more adjustments you have ot make on the fly because of injury, the least likely you are to succeed. It wasn't just Udeze, it was Johnstone too and the lack of wanting to play James. I think sometimes you just have to put the guys out there and hope you TAUGHT them well enough and let them play.

"gregair13" wrote:
    losing birk before the season even started hurt us the most. thats how good of a player he is.
    yes every team does have its injuries. those teams who have great coaching can get over this problem. ie the patriots.
    True and True!

It took us Withrow and finally Fowler before getting the center situation figured out. Even now, Fowler is having trouble with the shotgun.

Coaching is the real issue here. I am not going to sit here and say I know who the next coach should be because I don't have a friggin clue. But I will say that our coaches haven't been getting it done. You can say players play, but sometimes it helps to have coaches that can help them want to play at a higher level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast