Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

An indepth Vikings season preview

Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: An indepth Vikings season preview

Good read. The writer failed to mention how good Taylor is doing thus far in camp or how improved D-Train is also.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes2611" wrote:
    Good read. The writer failed to mention how good Taylor is doing thus far in camp or how improved D-Train is also.
    Forgive me if this is a popular nickname (thus making me an idiot), but who's "D-Train?" Daunte? Donterrious? Darrion? Darren? Any of those right?

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Good read man. Now I'm all pumped up for the season again. We are going to be so good.

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    Forgive me if this is a popular nickname (thus making me an idiot), but who's "D-Train?" Daunte? Donterrious? Darrion? Darren? Any of those right?
    Donterrious Thomas... DURRRR. :lol:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

I do take objection with the assertion that Moss was the vikings "best player." I would have to give that title to Culpepper. Still, it's an optimistic read on what's to come.

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    I do take objection with the assertion that Moss was the vikings "best player." I would have to give that title to Culpepper. Still, it's an optimistic read on what's to come.
    It's really a matter of opinion. He could've better put it by saying Moss was arguably the Vikings best player. I feel that Moss and Culpepper were on the same level but we'll really find out a lot this year.

i suppose so, but by my reckoning DC is the guy. He put the ball in moss' hands and in the hands of other players. DC can scramble for yards when the WRs are plastered with CBs, and DC is the guy who made clutch decisions that got us another set of downs, etc. Moss was a huge factor, but the offense did well when moss was absent. Plus, I think about that int moss threw mid season into the endzone and the FG fake that he blew in the game against the eagles and I really can't see the comparison. Moss is a good receiver, one of the best, but he really doesn't compare to DC as a player.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

DC is a great player but in no way is he comparable to moss' talent. There has been qb's better than dc and he will not be remembered as the best ever unless he wins a few titles in a row. on the other hand, in no way can anyone match up against moss' talent and production thus far in his career. The ONLY reason he wont get the records rice has is he wont be able to play as long.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree; there's really no way to measure and assess who's better. for me, it comes down to evaluating the position. The qb is just much more important then the wr. In the vikings case, the offense needs DC to be on the field all downs in order to win. They can, however, win without moss being on the field for every down, or being involved in every play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast