Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: INCREDIBLE Troy Williamson card on eBay

........and there are people starving in America, not to mention Africa!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Foranzan is offline Rookie

Why are those cards worth so much?

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

ok guys.. here's an off the wall ? for yall collecters..

I was collecting in my youth the Top Baseball cards..
    use to trade with friends and do all kinds of packet swaps / searches.

i have at last memory check.. 1986- 1988 all players of the leage.. and from 1984 - say 88 random cards.. i know i have like Mcguire rookie, Herbek rookie, puckett rookie, and conceko.. (sp.. and is he still worth anything).. all are mint.. and there's hundreds to go through.. but would they be worth $ now? as my old man is always askin.. 9when u gonna get this !%@#% outta my attic) ohh and they are mostly all in plastic sleeves.. so mint - new condition.

thanks for any advice.. and i won't be able to get to them till i get back into town..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Foranzan" wrote:
    Why are those cards worth so much?
    There is a peice of game worn jersey and an auto.

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

Sweeeeeet. Tell that wouldn't look nice hanging up by the bar in the basement!!!!!!!!!

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

"digital420" wrote:

i have at last memory check.. 1986- 1988 all players of the leage.. and from 1984 - say 88 random cards.. i know i have like Mcguire rookie, Herbek rookie, puckett rookie, and conceko.. (sp.. and is he still worth anything).. all are mint.. and there's hundreds to go through.. but would they be worth $ now? as my old man is always askin.. 9when u gonna get this !%@#% outta my attic) ohh and they are mostly all in plastic sleeves.. so mint - new condition.

thanks for any advice.. and i won't be able to get to them till i get back into town..

DiGiTaL
    Just pick up a Beckett Baseball Card Montly mag, you'll see how collecting has changed. Everything now-a-days is "Graded". This means sending in your good cards to have graded by professional card graders to determine how mint a card is. (yeah, seems like a pretty sweet gig to me!!!) The cards then get placed in a hard plastic case with each grade on it (they grade card edges, surface, corners, and centering i believe). Rare to see perfect 10 grades but is possible, I thought my McGwire rookie was at least 9 material, but got a 8.5 grade (PSA). That's how your going to know how much your cards are worth. Otherwise good luck getting book value on your cards on Ebay or elsewhere. that's why i do alot of shopping on ebay for cards because you can get great deals on ungraded cards!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    I too have a ton from the 80's. I have thousands from '81-'89.

However, they are not worth squat. Todays cards are big $$$ due to the fact that most rookie cards have limited production.

For christmas I got a pack of Topps fan favorites in my stocking and so did my dad.....he opened his first and got an Alan Page and he was so excited....Then I opened mine and got a Jim Marshall Autograph and its beautiful.....better than his Tarkington, Krause, Eller, and Rashad autos he bought off of Ebay.....
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    most of those cards in those years arn't worth much; however if you have something that is really good condition and you send them in to get graded and they get high grades the value can sky rocket. you might have a few gems. problems i find with collecting cards is that when a player has a bad year their cards go way down in value and it's really hard for them to go up again. i have a bowman chrome kerry wood rookie that was 90 bucks then now it's maybe worth 20. my psa randy moss topps chrome rookie is graded a 10, it was up to about 300 bucks or so then it went down a lot. his regular rookie ungraded is about 40 bucks and i figure the graded one is atleast double.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Williamsons best card 1/1

Any predictions on how high this will go?
    thats crazy, sad thing is it has 4 guys on there and not just one. if only one receiver does good and the others don't the value on that card will go way down.

and if that card was graded a 10 or so, it would be worth a lot more money that what the book value is, heck that thing is a collectors dream. sad thing is there is only one and that thats not too great for trading and stuff like that and it's kinda not fair to other collectors to never be able to have it.

nolan ryans rookie would be worth a ton if it was just him and koosman wasn't on his card with him. and i think nolan ryan is the best pitcher ever, even better than clemens because a no hitter is a lot harder to get than a cy young award.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12