Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    I wonder how Pro Football Focus ranked RI in terms of run blocking and pass protection? Wasn't Tannehill sacked frequently?

That said, I always thought that RI was a superior player with a 5 cent brain. I'm not comfortable with all the texting stuff that has come out...it's a little beyond extreme. If the current O-line would welcome him, I'd say he's probably worth whatever his scratch-and-dent price will be.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Not a chance I would sign this guy. With the already ongoing investigation of Priefer because of Kluwe's accusations, we've already been scrutinized by some. Adding Incognito would only draw more attention that we don;t need.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Would not mind having Incognito at all. Ithink with some true leadersip he can get his head on right and be the dominant football player that he is but he will have the respect of others around the league as well as around the world.. Incognito between Kalil and Sullivan would be a phenomenal left side on the line.. the question now becomes what would it cost to sign him..?
    Last edited by vikingsfan620; 02-17-2014 at 09:10 AM.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    No thanks the guy's as much a fruit loop as Martin. Sorry if anyone is offended by that. The difference being he seems to be more aggressively so which can cause more troubles.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Verbal abuse and harassment is not fun and games for the one who has to take it day after day.

This is not Mean Girls; this is the NFL. These guys are supposed to be professionals.

By the way, the extortion of cash from rookies by veteran players is illegal. It is felonious. If it was allowed long term and widespread, it may be considered a racket and subject to RICO laws.
    You DO realize the "extortion" you are talking about is, "Buy this or I'll be mean to you."...right? Every NFL vet I've seen talk about this has said the same thing: their second year the older players TRIED to get them to pay for crap, but they stood up for themselves and told the vets to f*** off.

This report also glosses and excuses the fact that Martin was just as guilty of doing the same thing to other players; apparently, he just wanted to "fit in". Can they all use that excuse then? Maybe if they just talked honestly with each other, they would have realized they are all hurting inside. Or maybe Marin's emotional problems, which are NOT in dispute, had a HUGE role in this.

To me, this will be the excuse the NFL has been looking for to police the players even more; I expect to see microphones on ALL players in the years to come, with fines being levied for anyone saying anything "potty-mouthed" on the field.

I just don't get this; men are pigs to each other, and most of us would not want it any other way. If I fell down and bloodied my knee, my best friend's first response would be, "Are you ok?" then when he saw I was, he would follow that with, "Get up and stop being a pussy. You aren't going to cry, right?" Will he now be fined if he and I happen to be NFL players on the practice field?
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    The offensive line, more than any other unit, needs to work together as a unit. How does Incognito mesh with the rest of the O-line ? I can't see it happening.
    Frankly, he's not that good of a football player anyway.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    I don't know anymore. This guy is a weirdo on Twitter...

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    You DO realize the "extortion" you are talking about is, "Buy this or I'll be mean to you."...right? Every NFL vet I've seen talk about this has said the same thing: their second year the older players TRIED to get them to pay for crap, but they stood up for themselves and told the vets to f*** off.

This report also glosses and excuses the fact that Martin was just as guilty of doing the same thing to other players; apparently, he just wanted to "fit in". Can they all use that excuse then? Maybe if they just talked honestly with each other, they would have realized they are all hurting inside. Or maybe Marin's emotional problems, which are NOT in dispute, had a HUGE role in this.

To me, this will be the excuse the NFL has been looking for to police the players even more; I expect to see microphones on ALL players in the years to come, with fines being levied for anyone saying anything "potty-mouthed" on the field.

I just don't get this; men are pigs to each other, and most of us would not want it any other way. If I fell down and bloodied my knee, my best friend's first response would be, "Are you ok?" then when he saw I was, he would follow that with, "Get up and stop being a pussy. You aren't going to cry, right?" Will he now be fined if he and I happen to be NFL players on the practice field?
    I think we all know friends will say things to each other that are...well not exactly pc is probably the nice way to say it. There seems to be a lot of confusion here as to who thought they were friends and who didn't. The fact that Incognito had some sort of sexual abuse claim against him that he "bought off" bothers me a lot. The Vikings have had enough sex scandals. I don't know personally I wouldn't want either one of them.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    the results of the report make this a lot easier to answer now. Hell no.
    Agreed.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Actually, to get back to the meat of this thread, I really don't think we NEED Incognito. I rend to allow myself to be derailed a LOT, so I'll just leave it at that... =)
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast