Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    Agreed..it was all fun and games with Martin & Incognito, until somebody got butt hurt.
    I met a guy who played 4 years in the trenches of the NFL at a christian youth group back in the day. He focused on how ugly people get when playing the game, and the things said were so bad he had to grow accustom to being the opposite on the field as who he was on the outside.

What Incognito said to Martin in texts pales in comparison to what people say to you during a real game, and it is done to get you off your game. When a single play could be the difference in getting a million dollar contract or not getting signed at all, things WILL be said.

I personally think Martin's real problem is the game itself, and his inability to deal with that aspect. If I am right, it isn't Incognito, it isn't Miami... it is every Sunday, and we will never seem Martin in uniform again.

But I could be wrong... my wife says I am all the time. Time will tell.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Incognito. Would you sign him?

From what I remember reading he is not that good in pass protection.
    Sacks went up with him in.
    But it could be the line as a whole.
    But everyone deserves a second shot.
    And if he helps us win!
    That's all anyone will remember.
    None

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Well's report wasn't very complimentary. Will he even play again in the NFL ?

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    Agreed..it was all fun and games with Martin & Incognito, until somebody got butt hurt.
    Verbal abuse and harassment is not fun and games for the one who has to take it day after day.

This is not Mean Girls; this is the NFL. These guys are supposed to be professionals.

By the way, the extortion of cash from rookies by veteran players is illegal. It is felonious. If it was allowed long term and widespread, it may be considered a racket and subject to RICO laws.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    ITUS…dude is a douchebag

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    All this bullying and butt hurt crap makes you long for the love boat days doesn't it?

WWBGD

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    All this bullying and butt hurt crap makes you long for the love boat days doesn't it?
    no kidding, that was childs play compared to this

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    my son had a bully in the 6th grade ...the bully told him they were going to fight..my son had never been in a fight .....long story short he stood up to the bully ...and became friends ...my son is half white and black since then some kids have called him the N WORD he kicked there ass..nobody messes with my son he is a senior now ...some times you have to fight maybe martin should have kicked incognitos ass and they could be friends ha ha

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    the results of the report make this a lot easier to answer now. Hell no.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Verbal abuse and harassment is not fun and games for the one who has to take it day after day.

This is not Mean Girls; this is the NFL. These guys are supposed to be professionals.

By the way, the extortion of cash from rookies by veteran players is illegal. It is felonious. If it was allowed long term and widespread, it may be considered a racket and subject to RICO laws.
    This IS the NFL. Guys are supposed to be tough. Mentally as well as physically. Incognito may be a total dickwad, but he was trying to toughen up Martin and make him a better NFL player.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast