Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    [size=13pt]Patrick Reusse: Inch for inch, Winfield the best corner out there[/size]

    Antoine Winfield has been a Viking for a relatively short time, but he is already one of the best at his position in team history.

    By PATRICK REUSSE, Star Tribune

    Last update: November 20, 2008 - 12:45 AM



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Patrick Reusse: Inch for inch, Winfield the best corner out there[/size]

    Antoine Winfield has been a Viking for a relatively short time, but he is already one of the best at his position in team history.

    By PATRICK REUSSE, Star Tribune

    Last update: November 20, 2008 - 12:45 AM


    Well, duh, Reusse.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    Winfield is very, very good. Great shut-down tackler who has great instincts and is all over the field. Great, great player.

    I still like Champ Bailey and Terrence Newman too, though.

  4. #4
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    Trust me Newman is not better.. He is good.. But not better.. And not just because he is hurt half a year every year


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    this guy is top 5 corners for sure!

  6. #6
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    606

    Re: Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    Winfield has played lights out all year.
    Not Scrabble level but Winfield has only given up 130 yards and teams average only 3 yards an attempt against him.
    With his 2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, 50+tackles, 2 touchdowns, multiple tackles for loss, and numerous third down stops, I think it's safe to assume Winfield should be in the probowl.

  7. #7
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Winfield has played lights out all year.
    Not Scrabble level but Winfield has only given up 130 yards and teams average only 3 yards an attempt against him.
    With his 2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, 50+tackles, 2 touchdowns, multiple tackles for loss, and numerous third down stops, I think it's safe to assume Winfield should be in the probowl.
    its a damn shame if he doesn't make the pro bowl


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Winfield has played lights out all year.
    Not Scrabble level but Winfield has only given up 130 yards and teams average only 3 yards an attempt against him.
    With his 2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, 50+tackles, 2 touchdowns, multiple tackles for loss, and numerous third down stops, I think it's safe to assume Winfield should be in the probowl.
    its a damn shame if he doesn't make the pro bowl
    no doubt. he has been the most consistant player on our team this year. and the best cornerback this season. dispite not having alot of picks

  9. #9
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Inch for inch, Winfield is the best corner out there

    He has been very impressive this year. He is certainly making a case for the pro bowl.

Similar Threads

  1. Man claims he found a 7-inch knife in sandwich
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 12:17 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 06:18 PM
  3. Police find man with 16-inch knife lurking at daycare center
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 11:09 PM
  4. Wii flies through 37-inch flat screen
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 05:03 AM
  5. Nine Inch Nails
    By RUSSELL27 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •