Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Incentives filling Petersonís pockets

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Incentives filling Petersonís pockets

I knew he was getting alot of bonuses, but I didn't know that his base salary would be adjusted.

This is somewhat concerning if we do get a new cap soon. at $13 mil a season next eyar, and even more if he keeps it up, its gonna cost a LOT to keep him.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I knew he was getting alot of bonuses, but I didn't know that his base salary would be adjusted.

This is somewhat concerning if we do get a new cap soon. at $13 mil a season next eyar, and even more if he keeps it up, its gonna cost a LOT to keep him.
    I know of a good place to start if I was ole Bryz and I was looking for 12 to 13 mil......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

I know of a good place to start if I was ole Bryz and I was looking for 12 to 13 mil......
    Favre's done after next season anyway, that money will be free.

Did you read the last part of the post though?

Essentially, if he keeps up his production, his base salary continues to increase. With the last year of his 6 year contract voidable, that means he can opt out of his contract after year 5, making him an RFA under the current rules.

Image what we'd have to tender him with to keep him? The top tender will be less than his current salary, so it would have to be 110% of his base salary, which unless they restructure, could be quite a bit.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Essentially, if he keeps up his production, his base salary continues to increase. With the last year of his 6 year contract voidable, that means he can opt out of his contract after year 5, making him an RFA under the current rules.

Image what we'd have to tender him with to keep him? The top tender will be less than his current salary, so it would have to be 110% of his base salary, which unless they restructure, could be quite a bit.
    Nope, didn't read it. Just posted it cause your new AVATAR FREAKED ME OUT....... hmy: hmy: hmy:

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Nope, didn't read it. Just posted it cause your new AVATAR FREAKED ME OUT....... hmy: hmy: hmy:
    heh heh heh

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Should be a clause in that contract that voids it if he fumbles away a Superbowl birth again
    We're bringing purple back.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

gregair13 wrote:
    Should be a clause in that contract that voids it if he fumbles away a Superbowl birth again

Psssst.... I think you meant "berth".

However, I agree. I've always been a fan of the idea that teams should be able to get money back from players who fail to perform. Fine AP $250K per fumble...whether it's lost or not...that'll get him to hold on to it a bit better. He gets 2 freebies all season, after that, "Cash money, Homie"

Caine

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

However, I agree. I've always been a fan of the idea that teams should be able to get money back from players who fail to perform. Fine AP $250K per fumble...whether it's lost or not...that'll get him to hold on to it a bit better. He gets 2 freebies all season, after that, "Cash money, Homie"

Caine

LOL, yeah, we hear of players wanting to renegotiate their contracts after a breakout year...I never heard of any player who wanted to renegotiate his contract for less money after having a poor season.

And there's the story of Raymond Berry who fumbled in his rookie year. Unitas told him if he ever fumbled again, he would never throw the ball to him...he never fumbled again. As far as your recommendation, I think it's a great idea. But I think the NFLPA would have something to say about it.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

Caine

LOL, yeah, we hear of players wanting to renegotiate their contracts after a breakout year...I never heard of any player who wanted to renegotiate his contract for less money after having a poor season.

And there's the story of Raymond Berry who fumbled in his rookie year. Unitas told him if he ever fumbled again, he would never throw the ball to him...he never fumbled again. As far as your recommendation, I think it's a great idea. But I think the NFLPA would have something to say about it.
    Probably, but the NFLPA cares about the players money...not about the sport. That's why they get so little sympathy from fans when they whine about how unfair the owners are.

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast