Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    How many of you thought we would be even in contention for a playoff run 4 weeks ago.

    Damn, don't you love not only the Vikes but the game as well?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    I still don't think the Vikings are in playoff contention, they have to go 4-1 to have a chance, and win out to be sure.
    I wouldn't call that in contention just yet.

  3. #23
    IBleedPurple11's Avatar
    IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    414

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    "Schutz" wrote:
    I still don't think the Vikings are in playoff contention, they have to go 4-1 to have a chance, and win out to be sure.
    I wouldn't call that in contention just yet.
    How is that not contention???

    They control if they make the playoffs or not....that is contention.

    If we had to win out and have a few teams lose the rest of the season, then that is not contention.

    Have some faith! WTF!
    >


    *SKOL!*

  4. #24
    MNgriff's Avatar
    MNgriff is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    148

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    "Schutz" wrote:
    I still don't think the Vikings are in playoff contention, they have to go 4-1 to have a chance, and win out to be sure.
    I wouldn't call that in contention just yet.
    C'moooon they have a chance and until they're 100% eliminated anything can and will happen in this game. Gotta keep cheering the purple until every last shred of hope is gone. When that happens a new shred of hope emerges with the new years prospects! Isn't the never ending cycle great!? Love this game.
    Skol

  5. #25
    Redmption's Avatar
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    307

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    Anyone notice that three of Vikes remaining games are against the Wild Card contenders? Lions, Bears, Skins. That gives them a fantastic shot of making the playoffs if they win out because they will hold tie breakers over all of them, except Lions. But 4 of the 5 games are NFC and could help improve their conference record, especially since the Lions will lose again to GB. And if they lose to GB, and Vikes win out, that pretty much locks them for the final spot because:
    The Eagles will lose to Dallas again, New Orleans and Arizona play each other so thats a loss for one of them, NO also plays Philly so thats another loss between two teams we need and it doesnt matter who, Arizona plays Cleveland and Seattle, and AZ secondary is decimated against two very pass happy teams.
    Now while none of these things are certain, just like its not even certain the Vikes will win out, based on who these other teams are playing and how several are playing each other, winning out is a VERY PROBABLE lock. Agree/Disagree?

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    "Redmption" wrote:
    Anyone notice that three of Vikes remaining games are against the Wild Card contenders? Lions, Bears, Skins. That gives them a fantastic shot of making the playoffs if they win out because they will hold tie breakers over all of them, except Lions. But 4 of the 5 games are NFC and could help improve their conference record, especially since the Lions will lose again to GB. And if they lose to GB, and Vikes win out, that pretty much locks them for the final spot because:
    The Eagles will lose to Dallas again, New Orleans and Arizona play each other so thats a loss for one of them, NO also plays Philly so thats another loss between two teams we need and it doesnt matter who, Arizona plays Cleveland and Seattle, and AZ secondary is decimated against two very pass happy teams.
    Now while none of these things are certain, just like its not even certain the Vikes will win out, based on who these other teams are playing and how several are playing each other, winning out is a VERY PROBABLE lock. Agree/Disagree?
    Nice analysis.

    My whole resistance to jump on the "We are locks for the Playoffs" still resides with the fact that we:

    a.
    Are very young at key positions (QB, RG, RT, DE, CB etc).
    b.
    We struggle against the pass and can't pass.
    c.
    Depth at some of these positions.

    I do like the fact that the team is in the race which adds to the excitement but I am in the "One game at a time" mode right now.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Redmption's Avatar
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    307

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Anyone notice that three of Vikes remaining games are against the Wild Card contenders? Lions, Bears, Skins. That gives them a fantastic shot of making the playoffs if they win out because they will hold tie breakers over all of them, except Lions. But 4 of the 5 games are NFC and could help improve their conference record, especially since the Lions will lose again to GB. And if they lose to GB, and Vikes win out, that pretty much locks them for the final spot because:
    The Eagles will lose to Dallas again, New Orleans and Arizona play each other so thats a loss for one of them, NO also plays Philly so thats another loss between two teams we need and it doesnt matter who, Arizona plays Cleveland and Seattle, and AZ secondary is decimated against two very pass happy teams.
    Now while none of these things are certain, just like its not even certain the Vikes will win out, based on who these other teams are playing and how several are playing each other, winning out is a VERY PROBABLE lock. Agree/Disagree?
    Nice analysis.

    My whole resistance to jump on the "We are locks for the Playoffs" still resides with the fact that we:

    a.
    Are very young at key positions (QB, RG, RT, DE, CB etc).
    b.
    We struggle against the pass and can't pass.
    c.
    Depth at some of these positions.

    I do like the fact that the team is in the race which adds to the excitement but I am in the "One game at a time" mode right now.
    ;D
    I agree. I am focusing on the Lions for sure. But the Vikings have to have the easiest path. All the other teams are beating themselves up while the Vikes are playing equal at best or less talented opponents

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    "Schutz" wrote:
    I still don't think the Vikings are in playoff contention, they have to go 4-1 to have a chance, and win out to be sure.
    I wouldn't call that in contention just yet.
    Besides, they can go 3-2 and still have a chance.
    If we lose three games we are mathematically eliminated.
    http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfclosemagicnumbers.html
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    I still don't think the Vikings are in playoff contention, they have to go 4-1 to have a chance, and win out to be sure.
    I wouldn't call that in contention just yet.
    How is that not contention???

    They control if they make the playoffs or not....that is contention.

    If we had to win out and have a few teams lose the rest of the season, then that is not contention.

    Have some faith! WTF!
    >
    Technically we can win out and still not make it.
    It is a very small possibility, but a possibility none the less. I believe Detroit could lose to us and then win out to still beat us.
    http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcwinmagicnumbers.html
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

    "Redmption" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Anyone notice that three of Vikes remaining games are against the Wild Card contenders? Lions, Bears, Skins. That gives them a fantastic shot of making the playoffs if they win out because they will hold tie breakers over all of them, except Lions. But 4 of the 5 games are NFC and could help improve their conference record, especially since the Lions will lose again to GB. And if they lose to GB, and Vikes win out, that pretty much locks them for the final spot because:
    The Eagles will lose to Dallas again, New Orleans and Arizona play each other so thats a loss for one of them, NO also plays Philly so thats another loss between two teams we need and it doesnt matter who, Arizona plays Cleveland and Seattle, and AZ secondary is decimated against two very pass happy teams.
    Now while none of these things are certain, just like its not even certain the Vikes will win out, based on who these other teams are playing and how several are playing each other, winning out is a VERY PROBABLE lock. Agree/Disagree?
    Nice analysis.

    My whole resistance to jump on the "We are locks for the Playoffs" still resides with the fact that we:

    a.
    Are very young at key positions (QB, RG, RT, DE, CB etc).
    b.
    We struggle against the pass and can't pass.
    c.
    Depth at some of these positions.

    I do like the fact that the team is in the race which adds to the excitement but I am in the "One game at a time" mode right now.
    ;D
    I agree. I am focusing on the Lions for sure. But the Vikings have to have the easiest path. All the other teams are beating themselves up while the Vikes are playing equal at best or less talented opponents
    As I said in another thread, isn't this a great game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings More Important Than Bears & Cheap Gas
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 07:07 PM
  2. Next 5 games after the bye week
    By Angel_Martin in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 01:15 PM
  3. Vikings: Playoff push makes some games more important
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 08:33 AM
  4. READ the MVC thread...IMPORTANT UPDATE for week 3!
    By AlabamaViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
  5. Week 12 pick'em (remember games start thursday this week)
    By triedandtruevikesfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 10:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •