Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Important Games for the Vikings in Week 13

How many of you thought we would be even in contention for a playoff run 4 weeks ago.

Damn, don't you love not only the Vikes but the game as well?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I still don't think the Vikings are in playoff contention, they have to go 4-1 to have a chance, and win out to be sure.
    I wouldn't call that in contention just yet.

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Schutz" wrote:
    I still don't think the Vikings are in playoff contention, they have to go 4-1 to have a chance, and win out to be sure.
    How is that not contention???

They control if they make the playoffs or not....that is contention.

If we had to win out and have a few teams lose the rest of the season, then that is not contention.

Have some faith! WTF!
    >

*SKOL!*

MNgriff is offline Rookie

"Schutz" wrote:
    C'moooon they have a chance and until they're 100% eliminated anything can and will happen in this game. Gotta keep cheering the purple until every last shred of hope is gone. When that happens a new shred of hope emerges with the new years prospects! Isn't the never ending cycle great!? Love this game.
    Skol

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Anyone notice that three of Vikes remaining games are against the Wild Card contenders? Lions, Bears, Skins. That gives them a fantastic shot of making the playoffs if they win out because they will hold tie breakers over all of them, except Lions. But 4 of the 5 games are NFC and could help improve their conference record, especially since the Lions will lose again to GB. And if they lose to GB, and Vikes win out, that pretty much locks them for the final spot because:
    The Eagles will lose to Dallas again, New Orleans and Arizona play each other so thats a loss for one of them, NO also plays Philly so thats another loss between two teams we need and it doesnt matter who, Arizona plays Cleveland and Seattle, and AZ secondary is decimated against two very pass happy teams.
    Now while none of these things are certain, just like its not even certain the Vikes will win out, based on who these other teams are playing and how several are playing each other, winning out is a VERY PROBABLE lock. Agree/Disagree?

"Redmption" wrote:
    Anyone notice that three of Vikes remaining games are against the Wild Card contenders? Lions, Bears, Skins. That gives them a fantastic shot of making the playoffs if they win out because they will hold tie breakers over all of them, except Lions. But 4 of the 5 games are NFC and could help improve their conference record, especially since the Lions will lose again to GB. And if they lose to GB, and Vikes win out, that pretty much locks them for the final spot because:
    The Eagles will lose to Dallas again, New Orleans and Arizona play each other so thats a loss for one of them, NO also plays Philly so thats another loss between two teams we need and it doesnt matter who, Arizona plays Cleveland and Seattle, and AZ secondary is decimated against two very pass happy teams.
    Now while none of these things are certain, just like its not even certain the Vikes will win out, based on who these other teams are playing and how several are playing each other, winning out is a VERY PROBABLE lock. Agree/Disagree?
    Nice analysis.

My whole resistance to jump on the "We are locks for the Playoffs" still resides with the fact that we:

a.
    Are very young at key positions (QB, RG, RT, DE, CB etc).
    b.
    We struggle against the pass and can't pass.
    c.
    Depth at some of these positions.

I do like the fact that the team is in the race which adds to the excitement but I am in the "One game at a time" mode right now.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Nice analysis.

My whole resistance to jump on the "We are locks for the Playoffs" still resides with the fact that we:

a.
    b.
    c.

I do like the fact that the team is in the race which adds to the excitement but I am in the "One game at a time" mode right now.
    ;D
    I agree. I am focusing on the Lions for sure. But the Vikings have to have the easiest path. All the other teams are beating themselves up while the Vikes are playing equal at best or less talented opponents

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    Besides, they can go 3-2 and still have a chance.
    If we lose three games we are mathematically eliminated.
    http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfclosemagicnumbers.html
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    How is that not contention???

They control if they make the playoffs or not....that is contention.

If we had to win out and have a few teams lose the rest of the season, then that is not contention.

Have some faith! WTF!
    >
    Technically we can win out and still not make it.
    It is a very small possibility, but a possibility none the less. I believe Detroit could lose to us and then win out to still beat us.
    http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcwinmagicnumbers.html
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Redmption" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Nice analysis.

a.
    b.
    c.

;D
    I agree. I am focusing on the Lions for sure. But the Vikings have to have the easiest path. All the other teams are beating themselves up while the Vikes are playing equal at best or less talented opponents
    As I said in another thread, isn't this a great game?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast