Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

The Importance of Gus Frerotte

http://min.scout.com/2/764084.html

Interesting...breaks down all the teams with multiple starting QBs and how many of them even got to the playoffs.

As ridiculous as it may seem, Frerotte could be as important to the success of the Vikings as any player on the roster. Last year, teams like the Vikings learned the hard way that backup quarterbacks need to be ready and able to take the torch and run with it. The Vikings had four games in which their backup quarterbacks had to start. They were 0-4 in those games.

Of the nine teams that used three or more starting QBs (the Panthers had four), none of them made the playoffs.
    D'oh!!

Most don't think so highly of Gus, but I think he can drive the bus!!!
    With this team around him, he can be a winner.
    If TJack gets hurt or falters, I like Gus' chances way better than Bollinger and Holcomb.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: The Importance of Gus Frerotte

To me, the back-up positions is the #25 most important position.
    First to 22 are the starting line-up on offense and defense and then you have a kicker and a punter.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Hopefully Gus will be a good backup for us in this offense. If we were running the old offense I would have total confidence in him based on his past success, but you always have to reserve opinion in regards to how he will do in the KAO until he actually plays within it.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:

Interesting...breaks down all the teams with multiple starting QBs and how many of them even got to the playoffs.

As ridiculous as it may seem, Frerotte could be as important to the success of the Vikings as any player on the roster. Last year, teams like the Vikings learned the hard way that backup quarterbacks need to be ready and able to take the torch and run with it. The Vikings had four games in which their backup quarterbacks had to start. They were 0-4 in those games.

Of the nine teams that used three or more starting QBs (the Panthers had four), none of them made the playoffs.
    D'oh!!

If TJack gets hurt or falters, I like Gus' chances way better than Bollinger and Holcomb.
    Yeah we went 0-4 and had a over the hill has been QB, start what 3 of those games? and we made the playoffs as well. Oh wait we didn't either.
    I am curious as to how many teams had over the hill has been QB's on their roster as Back-up QB's and made the playoffs. Dallas? T_jack has to be good this year, and not get hurt. Most people know that I am one of the biggest doubters of T-jack on this board. But the thought of our season possibly geing in the fate of Gus Freotte makes me want Hope TJjack is the man even more.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Gus is primarily there to mentor and teach TJack.
    Playing in the event of injury is secondary.
    Don't forget who was Dante's backup in his amazing 2004 year... Gus.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Gus 4 da superbowl
    We're bringing purple back.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"gregair13" wrote:
    Gus 4 da superbowl
    YEAH!!

Seriously, I have wayyyy more confidence in Gus than I did with last years backup QBs, Bollinger and ...
    Umm..
    I can't even remember his name.
    I just hope he can step in and play if needed like he did for us his last run as a Viking.

The quote in the original post is sooo freakin' true.
    Just think, if Bollinger or what's-his-name could've pulled out a 'W' in one of those 4 games they had to start in place of T-Jack..
    The Vikings probably would've been in the playoffs..
    Even though they didn't deserve to be there (I still stand by my opinion that they weren't a playoff team last year).
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

"mountainviking" wrote:

on another note, your signature is so money!
    D'oh!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:

D'oh!!

I hear you.
    He played last year with a beat up team and he still was able to get the bus away from the curb and pick up a few kids for school.

He is a seasoned vet.
    He has seen a lot of football and he is poised in the pocket.

He might prove to be the best QB on the team and he is definitely better than what we had last year.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Frerotte also puts more pressure on TJ.
    It isn't taking the kid gloves off, it is only like taking one of the kid gloves off.

Even thought there is more pressure on TJ from Frerotte, Frerotte also can help TJ with his game on the mental aspect of the game, another vet on the sideline that he might actually want to listen to.
    LOL!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast