Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Importance of the Colts games

    "CrazyAtMSU" wrote:
    If the vikings lose this game, how much wind is taken out of their sails? If they get killed again i think you will definately see people saying "here we go again" but if the offense plays well enough to stay with them, even if we do lose the game, I think you gotta come out of the game feeling okay. Obviously the objective is to win but i'm just curious how the vikes will rebound after getting crushed at home. Beyond that though we definately need to beat the pack... no doubt there.. we CAN'T lose to the pack..
    I would agree, except last year we ended the year losing to teams that we should have beaten...so even if we lose to the Colts, we still can get to the playoffs by simply beating the teams that we should beat...that being said, I think that to get deep into the playoffs and to contend for the championship, we also need to beat the good teams. However, if we are not at full strength during the season and happen to lose to some of the more elite teams on our schedule (but still beat the teams we should beat), once we get to the playoffs at relatively full strength (minus those on IR, of course) we should be able to compete for the title. Remember, once you get to the playoffs, the regular season games do not matter (except having beat the Pack, so that we can gloat for the rest of the year). The playoffs become a new season, and if we have all of our weapons that we didn't have during the regular season, we will be a much better team. Couple that with a late season charge, and we could conceivably run the table and win the Super Bowl. Timing is everything.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #12
    Foreman44's Avatar
    Foreman44 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    254

    Importance of the Colts games

    The only way anyone can start talking about Super Bowl is if the Vikings were to win a TOUGH game on the road against a very good team. Had the chance at Philly earlier this year and COULD have won that game were it not for some mistakes and a few bad calls. The Colts is a BIG GAME, no doubt about it. They'll need to take this game if they have any sights on going "deep into the playoffs". If not, they go 5-3 and even though they may be able to somehow get into the playoffs, without wins like these, I do not expect them to last long.
    We'll see. I sure hope Moss's leg is feeling better and the D has a big game.

  3. #13
    Sprewell27 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    134

    Importance of the Colts games

    This game reminds me a bit last year against the Chiefs. The Chiefs has the most feared(argueably) offense in the league and had an amazing record, but we played up to the opponent and kicked their ass all over the field. The same thing could possible happen this year, only the Colts strength is their pass game rather than the run game KC has as its strength.

    Basically though, it'll come down to who scores the first touchdown to determine how the rest of the game goes. If we score the first TD I expect a win or a close loss. If the Colts score first I think we're in trouble.

  4. #14
    rjkvikings's Avatar
    rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    500

    Importance of the Colts games

    "Sprewell27" wrote:
    This game reminds me a bit last year against the Chiefs. The Chiefs has the most feared(argueably) offense in the league and had an amazing record, but we played up to the opponent and kicked their ass all over the field. The same thing could possible happen this year, only the Colts strength is their pass game rather than the run game KC has as its strength.

    Basically though, it'll come down to who scores the first touchdown to determine how the rest of the game goes. If we score the first TD I expect a win or a close loss. If the Colts score first I think we're in trouble.
    Well then we're in trouble because we've only scored 13 points in the 1st quarter all season!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    244

    Importance of the Colts games

    "rjkvikings" wrote:
    "Sprewell27" wrote:
    This game reminds me a bit last year against the Chiefs. The Chiefs has the most feared(argueably) offense in the league and had an amazing record, but we played up to the opponent and kicked their ass all over the field. The same thing could possible happen this year, only the Colts strength is their pass game rather than the run game KC has as its strength.

    Basically though, it'll come down to who scores the first touchdown to determine how the rest of the game goes. If we score the first TD I expect a win or a close loss. If the Colts score first I think we're in trouble.
    Well then we're in trouble because we've only scored 13 points in the 1st quarter all season!




    Here's the deal..... This is the most important game of the season.
    Moss probably won't play. We're in Indy's house. They've lost two
    straight and it's monday night. Daunte's play is fragile. Two straight
    lackluster performances by Daunte. Let's face it.... This game is ripe
    for us to get blown out. I'd hate to see it, but this game has blowout
    written all over it. If we get ou asses kicked, you will see a repeat
    of the second half of the 2003 season. This team needs confidence
    and a win on the road after getting it ass kicked at home, may just
    save this season. I realy mean it... I believe this game could shape
    the rest of the season.

  6. #16
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Importance of the Colts games

    I think the one thing that is going to be what you have to watch out for is the excuse factor.

    If Moss is out, and Robinson is out, a loss to the Colts will be "excused" with the "we weren't at full strength".

    You know as well as I do, that once you start making excuses, they won't stop.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  7. #17
    Schulzy is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    35

    Importance of the Colts games

    some old drunk told me tonight that the team winning the monday night game loses the next game 85% of the time I would not have lisened to him, but he is wining our football pool and has won 3 weeks this year. of coarse I would like us to be the 15% that wins this week and next. But would much rather beat the fudge pack. The Pack game means alot to me because my wife and my best friend are both packer fans. By the way both my kids think the viks RULE. Does any one have the true stat on game after mn

  8. #18
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Importance of the Colts games

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    I think the one thing that is going to be what you have to watch out for is the excuse factor.

    If Moss is out, and Robinson is out, a loss to the Colts will be "excused" with the "we weren't at full strength".

    You know as well as I do, that once you start making excuses, they won't stop.
    DOesnt matter a loss is a loss and its a step back from achieving our main goal in winning the division and getting to the freaking playoffs.

    By the way robinson is playing, just moss is not.

    I dont think we need these excuses even though they could or are the reason why we may have lost.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  9. #19
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    Importance of the Colts games

    which linehan and pep is going to show up is the major question. will linehan be able to put duante in a place where he feels comfy and pick apart the colts d, a defense that looks vaguely familiar. and can we build a lead and keep it. i think the vikes D is much better than in the past but the fact remains that they need stay OFF the field. RUN THE FOOTBALL enough to keep the clock ticking.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Importance of the Colts games

    This is the biggest game of our season. We dont have Moss, we dont have some other key players as well, but this is a game for our defense to come out and prove something. It will also show how poised our team is, especially in Culpepper. They are going to come out and want a win badly after 2 straight wins, and we can't just lay down and let them have it. We have to play like this is do or die in my opinion. This game is BIG for both the players and the coaches and I agree with Los when he says our season depends on it. Lets go get em!

    Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 02:21 AM
  2. The Importance of Day One
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 07:19 PM
  3. Vikings Big Games v. Colts
    By Webby in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 05:43 PM
  4. The Importance of Gus Frerotte
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM
  5. The importance of Chicago game
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 08:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •