Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrazyAtMSU is offline Training Camp

Importance of the Colts games

If the vikings lose this game, how much wind is taken out of their sails? If they get killed again i think you will definately see people saying "here we go again" but if the offense plays well enough to stay with them, even if we do lose the game, I think you gotta come out of the game feeling okay. Obviously the objective is to win but i'm just curious how the vikes will rebound after getting crushed at home. Beyond that though we definately need to beat the pack... no doubt there.. we CAN'T lose to the pack..

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I see where you're coming from on this question, and I'd like to be able to say that yeah, it's okay if we lose a close game to Indy, because it's a road game against a tough team. However, all our remaining games look to be against tough teams. We do have one game left against the Bears, but that's in Chicago where we always seem to have problems. Other than that it's two against Green Bay, two against Detroit, Jacksonville, Seattle, and Washington. All of those teams have played really well at some point this season. (Well, maybe not Washington, but they've been close.)

I guess my point is that the Vikings have a tough upcoming schedule, and with Detroit playing well, and the Pack starting to look more like what we expected, you'd like to see them bounce back right away. It's not a must-win this week in Indy, but it is an it-sure-would-make-our-lives-a-hell-of-a-lot-easier win.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

NOt to mention a statement game that we can bounce back and beat an elite team! But I'm not counting on it! As much as I'd like to see it. I don't think we can beat Indy! NOt without Moss and the D playing against the best offense in the league outside of Minnesota!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Personally, I would rather beat the pack than Indy, not just because I hate the pack (that is a huge reason, but not all of it), but because it is a division game and we would have a 2 game lead then (on the pack). If we beat Indy and lose to the pack we will only have a 1 game lead. BUT, if we win both we will have a 3 game lead! Conclusion: let's win BOTH!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

rough road ahead... lots of harsh games to play... Vikes beat Indy and all of Vikings fans and the Viking team will be able to carry that feeling through victories against GB, DET at home, and possibly even Jacksonville.. One victory against a tough team will help the sometimes fragile Vikes team win the next game... i want this win but if i can't have it, at least let the the Eagles lose. Tice's job this week is figure out how we are going to stay close enough to Indy's O production to make it happen. I don't want to point it out, but when was the last monday night game the Vikes won?

I honestly can't remember, so someone tell me.

later.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

My take:

The Indy game is critical for you guys. You will be "up" for the Pack. You can throw out the records when we meet.

However, you got whipped by an adversary that has your number, and there was an emotional letdown. This is where Tice is going to earn his "extension".

It was after six games last year that you lost focus. I think this is your crossroads, and you need to establish yourself as an NFC power again, before the players stop believing.

Not predicting a collapse, but I dont' have a lot of faith in Caveman Tice. Maybe he can prove me wrong. I think your season is going to depend on it.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hate to say this but a must win game for a team that is 5-2. I sure hope the teams pysche isint as weak as it was last year with the midseason slide possibly underway. :cry:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

dred is offline Training Camp

This is going to be a crucial game for both teams.

Shootout between two of the leagues MVP's on top of it all.

Colts need this game in a bad way since they have the Jags and now Houston breathing down their necks.
    [img:508b6ac540]http://sherwooddesign.org/avatars/manning.jpg[/img:508b6ac540]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The last time the vikes won on Monday night on the road was against the packers in 1998. That cold rainy night! aka Moss' coming out party! For whoever asked that question.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Calmwind is offline Starter

I think this would be a very good win for us. If our D steps up and helps us to win, it could give the whole team confidence that would carry over thru the Packers game and beyond. Indy does have high power on the O side but i think our D and O are better in comparison. We need to run Onterio all over them to lead in time of possesion and keep their O off the field. We should be able to pass all over them, they are last in the league at defending the pass. I think Scott Linehan will have a good selection of plays going this week and we will come out with the Win, which i think we need.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast