Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm a retired Hooker

When haven't I made sense TEX? jk I don't think that just goes for Moss though. THere would be a lot of guys in the NFL that wouldn't want to play without pads!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

MrHaz78 is offline Waterboy

I'm a retired Hooker

I tell ya what. It takes a sack to play with pads on at any level. I was 5'10" @ 175 when I started playing rugby at the age of 32. One cracked sternum, one seperated shoulder, two dislocated fingers, one sprained ankle, and seven years of playin about 20 matches a year later, I wouldn't trade my rugby days for anything. If the eagles had 2% of the talent pool from the NFL willing to play without all the pads, they'd kick international ass!
    The USA are the defending Gold medalists in Olympic Rugby: we beat France in 1920 and 1924. ## "Scrum" is a funny word, but assault and battery was already taken" ##

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'm a retired Hooker

David Dixon was in Rugby in New Zealand. His bio is on Vikings.com. It reads in part:
    As a youth in New Zealand, was a member of the elite New Zealand All Blacks junior rugby team...Discovered playing rugby in New Zealand by a traveling U.S. football coach...First New Zealander to start in the NFL. Attended Pukekohe High School in New Zealand.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

MrHaz78 is offline Waterboy

I'm a retired Hooker

Thanks SKOL! I was pretty sure I'd heard of someone who had a rugby background playin for the Vikes.
    The USA are the defending Gold medalists in Olympic Rugby: we beat France in 1920 and 1924. ## "Scrum" is a funny word, but assault and battery was already taken" ##

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Rugby

Welcome to all newcomers, including MrHaz78, GuyBrush, et al...

As far as Rugby is concerned, nothing will beat the good old American football, but that's just because I'm prejudiced that way... :-)

I've seen it played, and I tell you what, I would NOT want to be in a pile with those boys! I'm 6'3" and about 320, but those boys beat each other senseless!

Again, welcome to you new guys! :salute:

P.S. - Where are you from, GuyBrush - France?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I'm a retired Hooker

I'm just terribly disappointed you weren't referring to the other "hooker". :-(
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

I'm a retired Hooker

Shockzilla said Welcome to all newcomers, including MrHaz78, GuyBrush, et al... and I second it welcome,
    as you all can see we talk about just about anything including hookers :hello1: As I visted Austraila a few times and had a chance to play a few games when I was younger I found the diferants between Soccer(Football European) and Rugby was that football (soccer) player are Huligains and rugby players are gentlemen, they really enjoy to Play rugby, Drink beer and well we know what the next thing is.. / . If I remember correctly the Austrailians and us had a freindly when we pulled into perth we lost of course :cheers: but the friendship's that we all came away with still goes on 25 years later :thumbleft: , those guys ate slept and drank Rugby, and by the way learning to drink a YARD of ALE, was an experance as well :drunken: :drunken:

Again welcome aboard and enjoy the season.
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Rugby

"shockzilla" wrote:

As far as Rugby is concerned, nothing will beat the good old American football, but that's just because I'm prejudiced that way... :-)

I've seen it played, and I tell you what, I would NOT want to be in a pile with those boys! I'm 6'3" and about 320, but those boys beat each other senseless!

Again, welcome to you new guys! :salute:

Rugby has come along a lot in recent years in the UK, up til about 10 yrs ago it was a strictly amateur sport but has finally gone pro so that the players actually earn a living wage from it. In turn that has meant their training etc has improved that much more - so they don't have a reputation of being a bunch of fatties playing the game - as it used to be ... lol

gpete13 - Bennett is from Australia but used to play Aussie Rules football not rugby - now that definitely looks to be a game for a good scrap if you want one !

Greetings from the home of the Rugby Union Football World Champions :cheers: :cheers:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Guybrush is offline Waterboy

"shockzilla and casper" wrote:

Thanks guys ! and yes, I come from France ops:

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"Guybrush" wrote:
    "shockzilla and casper" wrote:

Thanks guys ! and yes, I come from France ops:
    I think he means what area of france.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast