Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: I'm rather pleased with our vikings today

"Freakout" wrote:
    I know it does little to wish but I would have loved to seen this defense at full strength.
    Chad, Tank, Edwards, Eramus would all been logging major minutes.
    Just imagine the depth we would have had.
    it does kin of make you wonder
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Elvis74 is offline Waterboy

Hey guys...I'm new here...but I know football and know my vikings,just as much as the next guy. We need a deep threat,it seems the Vikes have given up on the long ball....all these short drop passes and runs are kiliing us....I know Childress is trying to est. the ball game by running by sometimes spreading the fiend and the defense can help. We need to use Wiggins more the TE position is not used enough in the Vikes' O. Defense looks good,sometimes great, but the O needs a big jolt and Special Teams...well wow they're just awful....no schemes,no good returners. Vikings had the Bears beat today and should have won the Game I feel they choked...4th & 2 and you chuck the ball to a double covered reciever...what the crap ?

It's a Victory in a mindset way, but the record where it counts it's a loss.

Tough game coming up against the Bills,they're
    a up and coming young team..very tough at home.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I dont understand half the posters here. You can still critisize(sp?) the Vikes, and love them. If they would go 0-16 i would still love em, as would most of the posters here.

But when you play a division rival AT HOME and cant score a touchdown, or have any deep threat whatsoever cause hed drop the ball, you can point out all the defects this team has, even with new coachs etc. The good teams are fired up. The high payed players step it up a notch. You dont play silly plays in the last minutes of the game, and Birk and Hutch shouldnt allow someone to run right throw the line.

If this game was at Soldiers field, then yea it would have been ok. Who is in charge of special teams? Fire the lot of em right now. Cant cover the kick, and they cant open any kind of holes for returns.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

all and all, i was really impressed with our team and how they played against the bears defense, considering and it has been said alot, it is a new offense and we will only get better, the season is early and we will win alot more games and go into the playoffs, yea there are areas that need to be worked on but that will come, i do agree that we do need another deep threat to work with twill, he had a great catch that was brought back by a bogus call, brad can still thow it down the field
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Gift" wrote:
    We proved that the Vikes wont be run over by anyone.
    The vikes D look awesome, again.
    If only the "o" would get it together and start scoring points, then we'll be very hard to stop.
    It sucks losing to the bears but I'm still proud of the job our guys did out there.
    The Vikes played well. I'm sad we lost but happy with the effort. Go Vikes.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

modena11 is offline Rookie

what are people expecting from a brad johnson led offence. we had nine games last year to watch it and now three this year, to see that brad will put up 175-200 yards, 60% passing and a touchdown.

we are really defending alot on the run this year, and we have had good results considering the defences we have been playing. the skins, panthers and bears. three of the best defences in the league. so our output on offence is normal.

it is just our play calling that is not putting us in the endzone. also the fact that brad takes the quick read and passes less than 10 yards half the time.

all this being said, i am very pleased with the way we played today. sure there are things that i didn't like, but as a whole there are more positives.

o-line greatly improved from lastweek, doing a great job of protecting brad. taylor continues to pound the ball for tough yards against great run defences. and on defence, we continued our great play.

this team has proved that it is for real. we are only going to improve.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

amen..that really sums it up
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

The reality that the Bears are going to win the division sinking in kind of sucks. I know it's early, but it's already like "Next year is the year!" and we have to just sit through this season and let the Bears take their turn.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    The reality that the Bears are going to win the division sinking in kind of sucks. I know it's early, but it's already like "Next year is the year!" and we have to just sit through this season and let the Bears take their turn.

NO WAY. The Bears are not an "elite" team.The Vikings still have as much of a chance to win the division as them. I believe Grossman will not last much longer before he is injured.Possibly in a freak eyebrow waxing accident.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

I thought the team played decent today.

The coaching however....They were a different story.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast