StarSaint is offline Training Camp

I'm not bitter....

Yesterday, we play the game of our lives and actually looked like a legitimate playoff team.

Yesterday, a former saints kicker for the Jets couldn't hit a 53 yard kick in a dome to send us to the playoffs.

Yesterday, a good Vikings team (yes, you guys are better than your record) lost to a hapless redskins team.

Yesterday, we got knocked out of the playoffs because of a stupid 3 way tie breaker system that sends the Rams (who have the same record as us AND we beat them) to the playoffs, but not us...

But I'm not bitter.............

good luck in the playoffs, guys. The NFC is so bad you probably aren't gonna even need it. :salute:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm not bitter....

Thanks for the vote of confidence star, but how is it that you beat the rams, but didn't get in, that doesn't make any sense to me! I didn't realize that!! Thanks for the help though!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

StarSaint is offline Training Camp

I'm not bitter....

Some stupid 3 way tie breaker rule...

I think conference record is taken into consideration because you guys didnt play the rams this year. Since we played both and ended up with all the same record head to head doesn't count for some reason....

cheesefree is offline Starter

Re: I'm not bitter....

"StarSaint" wrote:
    Yesterday, we play the game of our lives and actually looked like a legitimate playoff team.

Yesterday, a former saints kicker for the Jets couldn't hit a 53 yard kick in a dome to send us to the playoffs.

Yesterday, a good Vikings team (yes, you guys are better than your record) lost to a hapless redskins team.

Yesterday, we got knocked out of the playoffs because of a stupid 3 way tie breaker system that sends the Rams (who have the same record as us AND we beat them) to the playoffs, but not us...

good luck in the playoffs, guys. The NFC is so bad you probably aren't gonna even need it. :salute:
    That hapless Skins team has a hell of a defense. They earned their # 2 ranking. I dream of the day the Vikes can put 11 guys on the field who can actually play as a cohesive defensive unit instead of a confused group of underacheivers.

I was rooting for the Saints to get in too.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I'm not bitter....

"cheesefree" wrote:
    "StarSaint" wrote:

That hapless Skins team has a hell of a defense. They earned their # 2 ranking. I dream of the day the Vikes can put 11 guys on the field who can actually play as a cohesive defensive unit instead of a confused group of underacheivers.

I was rooting for the Saints to get in too.
    They had more than 11 that they put on the field. They had reserves in there also. They are deep.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm not bitter....

That 3 way tiebreaker rule is terrible. I think when it comes down to it, if any of the teams play each other head to head should be the #1 tiebreaker!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

I'm not bitter....

I really wanted to see New Orleans get in too...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not bitter....

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    I really wanted to see New Orleans get in too...
    I sure as hell didn't want to see the RAMS in the playoffs.

I wish Herm would have went for the TD in regulation on 4th down instead of going for the tie. The jets were in at that time, I would have went for it and not risked playing a whole quarter of OT at the expense of losing a starter.