Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ThunderingLlama is offline Training Camp

Im just... Disappointed

I'll admit, being a Packer fan, that I won't miss watching Randy desimate our swiss cheese defense, but I really do think this will make you a better team. The offense will now be completely in the hands of Culpepper, you realize a cap savings of $2mill, Nate Burrelson came into his own this year, Harris is solid (at best I'll admit), and you have copious amouts of cash to sign free agents. You won't have the highlight inducing "SuperFreak," but as I said on another post, this reminds me of when Sterling Sharpe retired in Green Bay. It allowed Favre to expand the offense.
    [img:5b369e782a]http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL905/3214631/6564007/87611302.jpg[/img:5b369e782a]

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Im just... Disappointed

Wow! A Packer fan likes this trade. I wonder why. I really think that Brett Farve needs to be realeased or forced to retire because he has really been holding the Packers back the last couple of years.

I beileve that Philly has 4 or 5 picks in the first couple rounds so they have a pretty good draft position also.

Just because the Vikings have the 7th pick doesn't mean that the will get someone of quality. From 1998 to 2002 The Vikings drafted 42 players. Only 8 are still on the roster; Pepper, Birk, Kleinsasser, Bennett, McKinnie. Brain Williams, and two non-impacts players, Raonall Smith and Offord. Only 14% of the drafted players from 1998-2002 had an impact and Bennetts statis is still in question.

Im just... Disappointed

2 million dollars for Red to keep in his pocket and not spend.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Im just... Disappointed

Raonall smith will be an impact player in the future. Trust me.

ThunderingLlama is offline Training Camp

Im just... Disappointed

Hey yeah I admit that Moss destroyed us. I've met the guy (I go to school at Marshall University), and I just don't think he's a team player. I have all the respect in the world for Culpepper, Kleinsasser, Bennett, Wiggins, Birk... etc. And on the Favre thing, what does his "degrading play" have to do with 1995. I was simply trying to say this may expand your offensive scheme. I know you went 1-4 w/out him, but w/ an entire offseason to prepare, draft, and sign free agents, you can make up for it in other ways (like defense). This all depends of good drafting, and good free agent signings, however...
    [img:5b369e782a]http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL905/3214631/6564007/87611302.jpg[/img:5b369e782a]

Im just... Disappointed

Who is out there that the Vikings will actually get. You have to be realistic and don't say the Vikes are going to get Bruce or Muhammad or maybe not even Plax because they are not. As far a Raonall Smith goes he missed every game his 1st year and played in 7 game in each of his next two season and has a sparkling total of 24 tackles for his carrer. He is in the right position to become the next Jack Del Rio or Mike Merriweather.

randy--moss is offline Rookie

Im just... Disappointed

I just really hope our team prepares for everything, and gets a wide out and a real defense, i dont think it would be that bad either if we did switch to 3-4 if we got some talanted people on the d side..
    [img:fed39c00ce]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/randymosss/sig1.jpg[/img:fed39c00ce]

Withy07 is offline Training Camp

Im just... Disappointed

"randy--moss" wrote:
    The packers? I remember them getting beat by moss and pepper in the playoffs last year, thats all i remember.. And it actully wasnt in Moss's hands, the team has been in culpeppers hands for the last few years, hes the one who throws the ball, Trust me.

Remember the final score of the vikings - packers playoff game, 31-17.. ?? How many points did moss get? 2 touchdowns, the math comes out... hmmm we won by 14 and thats why, Randy moss. So dont bring that packer crap up in here, this post was about the buissness standpoint and future of the ownership because of the trade, not because of the past..
    wow you really blew me apart there....your hanging all your support on one game in which al harris was covering a beat up wr. Is moss a great wide out? Yes is he your team? No, im sorry to inform you but the team is run by culpepper. He proved he can do it without moss. Now if your saying you would rather keep a guy who puts up big numbers but doesn't help your D and the team for that matter....thats your opinon be it clear or not. As for the packer game last i checked favre lost the game not moss winning it.

Im just... Disappointed

"randy--moss" wrote:
    I just really hope our team prepares for everything, and gets a wide out and a real defense, i dont think it would be that bad either if we did switch to 3-4 if we got some talanted people on the d side..
    To move to a 3-4 the Vikings would have to get at least 2 stud LB's and have a D-line of 3 guys that could effectively stop the run. The Patriots run it and it showed them in the Super Bowl have nearly no one on the line and 7 guys hovering around between 2 and 5 yards. The vikings are just not good enough to even think about switching defensive schemes and I don't think that is Cotrell's style.

randy--moss is offline Rookie

Im just... Disappointed

Withy07::::

Man i was just giving you an example of how good randy can be.

THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS JUST TO SAY WE DIDN'T HAVE TO TRADE HIM TO GET A BETTER DEFENSE, all we had to do was open up our checkbook, *which is locked down in texas with red's cows and horses* But thats just life, i have to live with it, i cant change it, yea, farve had part of the loss but moss caught the tds, only examples,i wasn't trying to bash your point, because you do have a couple, but be realistic, do you think we really needed to trade him?
    [img:fed39c00ce]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/randymosss/sig1.jpg[/img:fed39c00ce]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast