12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm Happy That...

I'm happy that...

The Vikings traded up to get Tarvaris Jackson, also known as the best QB of all time. We screwed ourselves by not giving him more time here.

We drafted Ryan Cook (Best OL ever) over Greg Jennings and Devin Hester.

We drafted Erasmus James and Troy Williamson over Aaron Rodgers.

We signed Brad Childress instead of letting him slip to Green Bay.

We have an enormous center that can just take control of the LOS.

We signed Frazier instead of letting him slip through our fingers like many of the other great coaches we've let go.

Cook strangled his girlfriend so we don't have to see his pathetic play.

We drafted a wifebeater and white RB instead of Jahvid Best.

Most of all, I'm happy that I'm a Viking fan.

What are you happy about?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I'm happy I didn't write that drivel.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Kwearner is offline Waterboy
    I'm happy that our secondary may fill out every single slot on the NFC pro bowl roster.
    I'm happy we have an Asian owner.
    I'm happy the only thing our GM does worse than pick players is work for ESPN.
    I'm happy that I don't go to Union College
    I'm happy that Kenchi Udeze is living and well!
    If we only still had Kailee Wong

sabatajh is offline Rookie
    Hindsight is 20/20 my friend... It is easy to sit and dissect personnel moves after the fact... but Erasmus and Troy had great upside coming out of the draft... T Jack was a bone headed move I will give you that... Cook actually started to improve his play this year and before his incident was the best CB on the team and had some good upside... And Gearhart is a good change of pace back from AP... Ryan Cook sucked but again coming out of college he had upside. I am not saying the Vikings haven't made dumb decisions... But to point out we didn't take Rodgers is like saying I wish I would have bought the winning lottery ticket last week when I had the chance. Besides he went 24th there are 23 teams that regret that decision... Donít cry over things you can't change... Besides there will be plenty of more head scratching decisions in the future so don't dwell on the past

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sabatajh View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20 my friend... It is easy to sit and dissect personnel moves after the fact... but Erasmus and Troy had great upside coming out of the draft... T Jack was a bone headed move I will give you that... Cook actually started to improve his play this year and before his incident was the best CB on the team and had some good upside... And Gearhart is a good change of pace back from AP... Ryan Cook sucked but again coming out of college he had upside. I am not saying the Vikings haven't made dumb decisions... But to point out we didn't take Rodgers is like saying I wish I would have bought the winning lottery ticket last week when I had the chance. Besides he went 24th there are 23 teams that regret that decision... Donít cry over things you can't change... Besides there will be plenty of more head scratching decisions in the future so don't dwell on the past

Very true, we're all geniuses at picking out things that were done wrong, especially on a team that is 2-7. In most cases, it is something much larger that can be pointed to as the bigger issue rather that a few failed draft picks.

And I think it's spelled sabotage

sabatajh is offline Rookie
    I know. I spell that way on purpose... Old nickname from friends... Don't ask.... LOL

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Take a look at the drafts that the Packers have had in the past 5 years and then look at the players the Vikings have drafted in the same time period. Then look at how the Packers and Vikings have built and operated their FO and personnel departments since 2005 and you will see the clear reason they are 9-0 and defending SB champs and the Vikings are 2-7.

I'm happy we're not the bengals.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Take a look at the drafts that the Packers have had in the past 5 years and then look at the players the Vikings have drafted in the same time period. Then look at how the Packers and Vikings have built and operated their FO and personnel departments since 2005 and you will see the clear reason they are 9-0 and defending SB champs and the Vikings are 2-7.
    How they use and develop that talent plays a big part in it as well. Some of these players that currently look so good in Green Bay may have been duds had they been drafted by different organizations.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    why is this thread turning into a packer knob slobbering thread. i blame marrdro
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.