Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Im going to my first Viking game!

I have a choice of a few games for my first vikes game. This year over my break I could go to the home game Vs. the Browns. or away vs the pack.... I guess I am choosing the dome to watch us kill the borwns rather than going to lameblow to watch us kill the pack.....

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"ADubya26" wrote:
    "MossTheFreak" wrote:
    I've been to one game, 2002, Vikings @ Bucs...we lost...but it was the most amazing exspirence...bennett ran in a 85 yard touchdown and in a sea of pewter and red, there was my purple a$$ screaming and yelling for my boy! Man once you go...you'll be even more in love with the nfl, I tail gaited threw around the football...one of the greatest days of my life!!
    I can only imagine, I have never even been to an NFL game yet! Hopefully us non-Minnesotans can get to see a Vikes game in Minny sometime!
    Dubya, I was hoping and praying that the game would be in Tampa this year. Now have to wait, what, 4 years before we play the NFC South again ?? With NO HOPE of the Buc's making the playoff's, I have to travel to see the games now.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Lando,

7 hrs or so from Winnepeg to the Twin Cities going through Grand Forks and Fargo... We used to make the trip every year for a rugby tournament in Winnepeg.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Yea, I'm wanting to go watch my first Viking's game in Cincy this year. I hope so much that I get to go. Before the schedules came out I heard they would play in like week 16 or something which would've sucked because Tice would've been resting the starters for the playoffs by that time :wink: . Now that I know it's in week 2 I'm stoked!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

ive never been. i hope to get to this year maybe, but its gonna be a pretty far drive anywhere, so i think im gonna wait another year.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Lando" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    We took a road trip a few years ago to Banff, Lake Louise and the whole area. I've been to a lot of places, North America and Europe. I think it's the prettiest place I've seen.
    Perhaps you recall Jasper? That is where I call home .. about 2 hours North of Banff/Lake Louise in the Rocky Mountains. And yes, it is certainly an amazing place to live.
    We spent two weeks there this summer! I traveled to Banff, etc every year growing up for a few weeks a summer, and now starting the tradition anew with my wife. We'll have to do dinner at the Lobstick Lodge or something. LOL

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'll be in Ireland and Spain this fall in early October, so if you're from around and want to tip a pint, let me know. Heading back to where the family is from in Ireland, and visiting where the wife lived for a few years in Sevilla, Spain.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SKOL" wrote:
    We took a road trip a few years ago to Banff, Lake Louise and the whole area. I've been to a lot of places, North America and Europe. I think it's the prettiest place I've seen.
    ah great areas - we visited there back in '98 when we were on honeymoon. The drive from Jasper down to Banff was spectacular and not something I'll forget in a hurry. If you ever get the chance and drive along there be sure to stop at Peyto Lake - we were told about by a local. The colour of the lake is unreal and varies all through the day and depending on where you look at it from. Hopefully we'll do that trip again one day
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Lando is offline Rookie

Yes the drive between Banff and Jasper is excellent .. it is called the Icefields Parkway and goes right down the spine of the Rockies. You also pass the Columbia Icefields (very cool). And the Lobstick Lodge is about 4 blocks from my house :grin:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456