Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I'm a bit concerned.

So every day I read the KFAN notes and get more and more excited. However, the last couple days I've been thinking...

They keep saying how dominant our D has been. Great news, but... I've been excited about it the last couple of years thinking "finally our D isn't going to be the laughing stock of the league" while I will admit that they have improved the last couple of years they have been far from dominant. Which leads me to my concern... is our offense that bad??

We've been spoiled in the past with a dominant offense, and while I really hope that we have a balanced team this year, I really am worried. I am by no means a bandwagon fan... I'll stick by our boys through thick and thin, but I just don't know what to feel about the upcoming season. I'm soooooooo excited for it to start, but really am conflicted on how I think we're going to do.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm a bit concerned.

i see our offense doing well, especially if chester taylor is all that we hope he will be. we won't lead the league, or even be a top 10 offense. but i think we well have an efficient offense, that scores points and moves the chains, probably about 12th for total yardage.

That works for me, I don't need us to be #1 in any category as long as we play balanced football on both sides of the ball. The W's are what matter!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I agree that balanc eis more important than being #1 in any category, but if I had to choose, I would rather have a dominent defense and a mediocre offense. Great offenses may sell tickets, but defenses win games.

That being said, I think our offense will still perform well this season. My 4 year old daughter could run behind the left side of our line, so I can't wait to see what Taylor will do!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

You're reading too much into things, TNT. We'll be fine offensively. Sure, we're not gonna be like 1998, or 2000, but things will be OK. :smile:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We will be better than average on offense is my guess...not Top 10...but good enough to win many games...especially if our DEFENSE lives up to their potential.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurpleOgre is offline Waterboy

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I agree that balanc eis more important than being #1 in any category, but if I had to choose, I would rather have a dominent defense and a mediocre offense. Great offenses may sell tickets, but defenses win games.
    NodakPaul...no offense intended....but I feel that with some obvious exceptions (ravens, bucs), I would say that a team with a dominant offense has had a better record in the big game than those with a dominant defense. But we look back at some of the dynasty teams (example Dallas, 49s and more recently NE), they had all around talent and where well balanced between O and D.

With that being said, as a homer, I predict it will be another great year ending in the best super bowl Viktory ever recorded.

Vikings 39 Broncos 37

So no worries enjoy the season.

Respectfully,
    PO
    "Sometimes a Football game is just a Football game ... But that almost never happens."

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

I'll put us at 14th for offense and 10th for defense
    which should be enough to atleast get us into the playoffs via the north title
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

omg your sig kinda freaks me out!

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

haha well that's the intention It needs to be updated obviously.... I've been missing from PP.O for a little while now It's good to be back I missed you guys
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast