Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: i'm afraid of going 1 and 4

"Caine" wrote:
    This reminds me of those disaster flicks where some crazy lady starts screaming like a banshee at the first sign of trouble. Someone always pops up and slaps her across the face to settle her down. Since, however, this is the internet, I cannot physically slap each of you...so we're going with the honor system here.

I think you are thinking of the movie Airplane, where everyone on the plane gets inline to slap the beyatch.

Classic!

"My Momma didn't raise no dummy"

"I speak Jive"

I think we all picked a bad (week) day to stop sniffing glue.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I'm afraid of clowns.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

i agree with you guys, lets calm down

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

the world is gonna end! i have linkin Park stuck in my head. damn radio!

Go vikes!!

MattShortNB81 is offline Training Camp

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "zimtwister" wrote:
    if we lose sunday its gonna be a tuff first 8 games
    I can't believe i'm saying this, but .. *gulp* I agree with Zim on this one. If we drop Sundays' game ... it's gonna get real ugly, real fast.
    i think its pre' ugly already.. :roll: ..unfortunately

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

we'll beat chicago for sure. We'll have 2 weeks to get ready for them. They are not beating us.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

mnjamie,
    I agree w/ you when you state that if the Vikings lose this week (1-4), it's going to get real ugly really fast. Just think about it: if the Vikings and lose and my Packers win, as well as the Bears/Lions lose, everyone in the North is 1 and either 3 or 4. And we're back at square one. The NFC North is definately for the taking this season. And I, for some reason or another, believe that just maybe, the Packers can take the heart they had in the Panthers game, and let it bleed against the Saints on Sunday. Although the Vikings entered this season as North favorites (due to all the improvements, etc), and Packers at the bottom, after the first four weeks of football, it appears to me that the Packers are a little better than the Vikings. Think about it: outside of game one in which the Packers lost 17-3, the last three games have been lost by no more than 3 points (Browns 26-24; Bucs 17-16; Panthers 32-29), and not to meantion, they've been against some pretty good teams. There are a lot of could'ves-should'ves-would'ves in these three games (e.g.: Bucs: if Longwell's extra point after TD is good, it's tied..ovetime, or if he does that plus his field goal is good, packer win by at least 3). All of these games were winnable for the Packers (a team that was predicted to do little of nothing this season). On the other hand Viking Lovers, you have the Vikings who were so highly praised entering this season, who, outside of coming out victorious against the Saints, have pretty much gotten blown out. Very shocking for a oh-so-good team, eh?! Let's see: Bucs beat 'em 24-13 (11 point victory...Bucs couldn't even score 20 pts on the Packers HORRIBLE defense); Bengals killed them 37-8 (29 pt victory...wow, how is it that this oh so improved viking denfence gives up 37 bigs ones?); finally, Falcons drop 30 buck-a-roos on 'em (20 pt victory). This let's me know that the Packers are, although the record doesn't show it...not by much however...on a better road to some sort of success this season, than the Vikings.
    Now, don't get your hanes in a dangle, Viking Lovers, I don't want CAINE to "crush" me with is verbal assaults!!!!! I just think that it's about hey time that the Packers defense gets a little props around the league. They have yet to allow any team (outside of game one at Detroit) to run up the scoreboard!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    I'm afraid of clowns.
    I never eally understood that. I had a friend that said the only god clown was one with an axe through his skull. He didn't like clowns either apparently.

I don't like clowns but I am not afraid of them.

There are worse things to fear than going 1-4, like going 0-4 or 0-5 like the Pack. I am actually glad we didn't get there schedule. I like it how it is. We played the tough games first, now we have a few games that we can bounce back on here ahead. I am not saying they are gimmies by any means but it gives us our best shot of getting back in the saddle again.

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Bono,

As much as it pains me to admit this, I have to agree with your post. Packers have shown more heart than the Vikes so far. If the Packers/Vikes matched up right now, its anybody's guess who would win. At least you guys didn't have high expectations going into the season. You and the Packer faithful are lucky the Vikings have such a pathetic coaching staff. Trust me, that will change at the end of the year.

HOWEVER, we are really going to find out some things about this division next week when the teams start playing each other for a change.

This is a long season. By the time we get to December, those first four games are ancient history.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "zimtwister" wrote:
    i hate to admit that it is a possibility, but it is. i think tice would be gone if that happened.
    1 and 16 is a possibility too, but that aint happening either!
    Well, that would be pretty hard for ANY team to accomplish, no matter how bad they are, seeing as how there are only 16 games in a season. :lol:

Maybe if the rest of the division was really, really bad and you wind up winning the division title with a 1-15 record and losing in the wild card. Even then, the rest of the division would have to be so bad that they couldn't even beat each other. Either that, or the NFL would have to so feel sorry for them (and concerned for its revenue) that it would change the schedule so that they didn't play each other. In other words, it's very possible with the NFC North shaping out the way it is, which is to say that it is taking the shape of a massive pile of crap.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast