Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: i'm afraid of going 1 and 4

I think we will be fine. I'm not worried AT all.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

vikesfan353 is offline Starter

I just don't see it happening! We should beat the bengals, not much of a secondary! That means we lose to the aints, iants and alcons! I just don't see that happening! The giants have had our # as of lately but that was with a bad "D", which we no longer have! The saints are riding a we have to do it for our town high which will be gone after they loose to the giants!Vick and the falcons are always tough but with our "D" we can stop that offense! I see us at no worse than 3-2 maybee even 4-1!
    For every question an answer! For every answer a why?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

If if's and but's where apples and nuts........ I have no clue how the rest of the saying goes, oh well. We'll be fine.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Holy Cats!!!!!!

We lose ONE game - primarily due to a bad performance by Daunte - and people are already heading to the fall out shelters? Where is your intestinal fortitude? What happened to all the bold Superbowl predictions of 2 weeks ago? Did my PP.O link maliciously revert to "packerchatters.com"? It's ONE game?

We face Cincinnati, New Orleans, and Atlanta...WHOOP DE DOO!!! Anyone see a team there that we absolutely cannot beat? I certainly don't. I see three teams that will have to bring their "A" games to beat us!!!

This reminds me of those disaster flicks where some crazy lady starts screaming like a banshee at the first sign of trouble. Someone always pops up and slaps her across the face to settle her down. Since, however, this is the internet, I cannot physically slap each of you...so we're going with the honor system here.

Everyone who is worried about the Vikings falling apart, drive to the nearest biker bar, walk up to the biggest, hairiest biker in the place, look him straight in the eye and say, "Wow, you look just like my biatch from Prison".

Please post pictures of yourself so that we all know you've administered the self-therapy as suggested.

Caine

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"zimtwister" wrote:
    i hate to admit that it is a possibility, but it is. i think tice would be gone if that happened.
    1 and 16 is a possibility too, but that aint happening either!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Caine" wrote:
    Holy Cats!!!!!!

We lose ONE game - primarily due to a bad performance by Daunte - and people are already heading to the fall out shelters? Where is your intestinal fortitude? What happened to all the bold Superbowl predictions of 2 weeks ago? Did my PP.O link maliciously revert to "packerchatters.com"? It's ONE game?

We face Cincinnati, New Orleans, and Atlanta...WHOOP DE DOO!!! Anyone see a team there that we absolutely cannot beat? I certainly don't. I see three teams that will have to bring their "A" games to beat us!!!

This reminds me of those disaster flicks where some crazy lady starts screaming like a banshee at the first sign of trouble. Someone always pops up and slaps her across the face to settle her down. Since, however, this is the internet, I cannot physically slap each of you...so we're going with the honor system here.

Everyone who is worried about the Vikings falling apart, drive to the nearest biker bar, walk up to the biggest, hairiest biker in the place, look him straight in the eye and say, "Wow, you look just like my biatch from Prison".

Please post pictures of yourself so that we all know you've administered the self-therapy as suggested.

Caine

The "O" line situation scares me the most. And if not corrected will continue to be a "big" problem and dont see how that can be fixed without better personel ??? Any suggestions ???

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    wasn't this your fist?

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Holy Cats!!!!!!

Caine

The "O" line situation scares me the most. And if not corrected will continue to be a "big" problem and dont see how that can be fixed without better personel ??? Any suggestions ???
    Sure, here's a couple of easy ones:

1: 2 Tight End sets. Kleinsasser and Wiggins on the line, one chips and releases, the other stays...or, both release. Either way, we buy a couple of extra seconds for Daunte, and allow the receivers to beat their coverage.

2: Draws and screens: If a defense is crashing consistantly, use that against them. Let them penetrate past the play. Either way, it will slow down the rush.

3: RUN, DAUNTE, RUN!!!! The guy has some wheels, let him spin them a couple of times. This would keep the DE's in containment mode for a bit.

So, off the top of my head I tossed out three suggestions. I'm fairly certain that Tice and Cottrell aren't think enough to miss these, and come up with a few more as well...after all, they do this every day.

Yes, our "O-Line" could be better...but right now, it isn't. So we have to win with what we have. And I, for one, believe that we have enought to win with.

And fourdoorchevelle, if I could do that, there would be a LOT of very suprised people in this world. :twisted:

Caine

sureban is offline Rookie

[/quote]

Not going to happen, 1-4 that is.

Sincerely,
    Mark.[/quote]

Oh ... CRAP!

Sheepishly,
    Mark.

Bears still have a good defence but maybe Urlocher will get hurt again this week and we won't have to worry about him. We should have some starters back from being hurt as well. I'm positive our D can handle their O. With their QB and D, our D will get more points then our O will.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102 252940

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast