Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SuperGonzo is offline Starter

I'll be the first to say it!

As good an idea as dealing one of our RB's probably is, there's a couple of things to bear in mind. . .

1) Bennett is starting to appear as though he can't stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. That'll diminish his trade value.

2) Onterrio is one joint away from getting slapped with a one-year suspension. That'll diminish his trade value.

3) Moe Williams, great warrior that he is, is now on the wrong side of 30. That'll diminish his trade value.

I say we keep them all for as long as we can keep all of them. Teams won't be able to game plan to beat 4 backs with 4 pretty distinctive styles. If one back isn't working during a particular game, the Vikes can just plug someone else in there and give them a shot. Heck, there are a lot of teams that don't have ONE NFL-quality RB, let alone 4 of them like the Vikings have.
    "Just when you think you have all the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - Roddy Piper

Visit The Daily Norseman!

Big C is offline Coordinator

Like I said, there is a reason the coaches are keeping Bennet as the starting RB. They haven't been wrong about depth chart decisions so far so I am placing my faith in them. They see something in him that gives him the edge over Smith and Moore. All I'm saying is let's give him a chance before losing faith in him.

The coaches are actually benching Hovan on plays but we're still getting good production from the DT position. Raonall Smith has been injured for 2 years and is finally cracking the starting lineup once he is healthy. If you don't have faith in Bennet, have faith in the coaching staff. Our Running game is like the Broncos. Stick any RB in there and they will succeed. Maybe Bennet's speed exploits this system much more than Moore's and Smith's ability to break tackles (not taking anything away from them though).

Our problem is we have 4 top-notch RB's who should be starters. The coaches will pick who exploits our system the most. I'm repeating myself aren't I? :wink:
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Anyway if Bennett sucks he will quickly be replaced, trust me.

Mewelde fits this offense very well in my opinion.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett is our # 1 back, I highly agree with this decision. Stop with all the trades cause there will be no more this year. We cant trade bennett because we will not get enough for him right now. I'm a Bennett fan and he's had his share of injuries but BELIEVE ME!!!!!!! that there are many players who had rashes of injuries and came back stronger then ever, EX. Brad Johnson, Fred Taylor, Marcus Robinson is know doin it.

You guys are jumping to conclusions way to FAST. The first time he gets his 20 carry game and has 150 rushing yards and some big long runs, everybody will be like "Bennett is the best". We were saying that about onterrio, but now that mewelde is playin good people want to trade O. Smith WTF?? Lets just calm down we are in a great situation for the rest of the year with our RB's.

I am a bennett suporter and i still want him to be the starter, to put the fear in the eyes of the defenders, to make them want to put 7 guys in the box.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Anyone remember what happened last year when Bennett came back? Oh yeah, we started losing!! Not that it was his fault, but it threw off the team Karma!! Just a thought!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

That true in a way, but how could one player cause the whole team to collapse. It was a wierd season with alot of bad luck.

DoyleRulz84 is offline Rookie

I say give him one more week. If plays at the same rate than he should start.
    4ee016e435d4da86194a9f140c831959

He should not play this week cause, Mewelde is a good RB he can handle it while bennett takes one more week of rest then practices all week next week with the first unit. I probably would not dress him this game.

Bleedspurple is offline Rookie

Moore is great but I think we need to remember Onterrio is also a great runner. Dump Bennett and keep SOD and MM.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Bennett is our # 1 back, I highly agree with this decision. Stop with all the trades cause there will be no more this year. We cant trade bennett because we will not get enough for him right now. I'm a Bennett fan and he's had his share of injuries but BELIEVE ME!!!!!!! that there are many players who had rashes of injuries and came back stronger then ever, EX. Brad Johnson, Fred Taylor, Marcus Robinson is know doin it.
    You forgot about our own Robert Smith!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast