Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I'll be the first to say it!

"dan3ski" wrote:
    The Vikings need to showcase Bennett before they can trade him so he will have to play before a trade to Miami can happen.
    Good point. Might as well pickup a good defender.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Don't judge Bennet before you see him play this season. Moore and Smith did (and still are doing) an excellent job at RB. However, their success could also be credited to a very good offensive line. I am sure the coaches know the talent they have and there is a reason Bennet is our starting back. He has the speed to make turn a 10 to 15 yard run by Smith or Moore to a TD. That's homerun ability. That's explosive running. I say give him a chance to prove himself before we start talking about trading him.

Moore can give us everything Smith can. But he can't give us Bennet's speed. If Bennet does as good as Smith and Moore in the rest of the season, I see us trading Smith next year (to have some variation at RB).

We'll then probably pick up another kick-ass RB in the next draft and run in to the same problem again though!
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Do not go with bennet for our featured back, I don't expect to see him back next year. He can have all the speed in the world, but if he only plays 4 games every year it's not gonna help us.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with everything here, I say we trade for a veteran Linebacker (or 2).
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Mewelde's the bomb. He can really take a hit, and he's elusive, with unbelievable balance. He's a poor mans' Barry Sanders, except Mewelde always makes positive yards. I liked the stiff arms we saw last week... I hope he continues with that.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Big C" wrote:
    Don't judge Bennet before you see him play this season. Moore and Smith did (and still are doing) an excellent job at RB. However, their success could also be credited to a very good offensive line. I am sure the coaches know the talent they have and there is a reason Bennet is our starting back. He has the speed to make turn a 10 to 15 yard run by Smith or Moore to a TD. That's homerun ability. That's explosive running. I say give him a chance to prove himself before we start talking about trading him.

Moore can give us everything Smith can. But he can't give us Bennet's speed. If Bennet does as good as Smith and Moore in the rest of the season, I see us trading Smith next year (to have some variation at RB).

We'll then probably pick up another kick-ass RB in the next draft and run in to the same problem again though!
    As regards next year's draft, we should not draft another RB if we trade any of our current ones. The next draft needs to be ALL defense!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I say we trade Bennett's pussy@ss to the dolphins for their first rounder!! Now that would be a steal cuz we all know that the fins need a RB and they will have the #1 overall!! Just kidding, but if Bennett doesn't stay healthy and/or show us something he might be gone next year! Smith and MM look pretty darn good to me!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

I'm with you guys in the fact that MM is the man and so is the SOD, but I'm not ready to hop off of the Bennett bandwaggon yet. I want to give him one more chance, then if he gets hurt again we have to deal him to another team. The Dolphins maybee? HMMMM, we could definately use Zach Thomas...... Just a thought!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I'm with you guys in the fact that MM is the man and so is the SOD, but I'm not ready to hop off of the Bennett bandwaggon yet. I want to give him one more chance, then if he gets hurt again we have to deal him to another team. The Dolphins maybee? HMMMM, we could definately use Zach Thomas...... Just a thought!
    We shoulda traded Bennett to the Dolphins for O-Gun way back when...the opportunity was there and now the Bears have him. Not that he is the greatest, but any time you can keep division rivals from getting someone who improves their defense, you gotta at least think about it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Big C" wrote:

I just want to add to this comment. Right now the DBs are playing pass, knowing they can catch Moore and Smith. But, with Bennett, if they don't watch behind them as well as the rcvr, Bennett will be running by them before they can look back. Bennett will make them play more run than they have been.

Tice doesn't want to hurry Bennett back. He is afraid to change the system he has. Let's work Bennett in slowly and see what he can do. We have time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast