Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ignore the panic button

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Too many people here expect to see perfection out of Jackson & the haters will always whine about anything they can.

Had Jackson completed approx. 82% of his passes like Rodgers did, they'd dwell & whine about the 18% that didn't get caught.

If a WR catches 8 passes & drops one, they will not mention the 8, but rather the 1 ole butter fingers drops.

This fits the mold of more people here than I care to mention.
    But he didn't hit 82% of his passes and he still is making questionable decisions, how many times does he have to get hurt and continue running the ball without sliding feet first. 3rd quarter he made a 19 run and lowered his shoulder instead of sliding after 17 and this is after having 3 weeks off.
    He did run out once in the 3rd, tried to slide in the 4th, it did look awkward and was push out of bounds later on the same drive.
    That's not my point. My point is regardless of who the player is or how well he does, members who dislike that player will always dwell on the negatives of the player & never mention the positives.

And it's vice-versa if the player is liked. All kinds of kudos if he makes one nice play, but no mention of the bad plays.

How many people here mentioned Winfield getting burned twice besides me? Nary a 1 that I saw except someone replying to my post.
    I LOVE Winfield, and I made a point to criticize his overzealous run support in my post game comments.

Your mass generalizations just aren't true. When TJ puts up, we'll shutup.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Too many people here expect to see perfection out of Jackson & the haters will always whine about anything they can.

Had Jackson completed approx. 82% of his passes like Rodgers did, they'd dwell & whine about the 18% that didn't get caught.

If a WR catches 8 passes & drops one, they will not mention the 8, but rather the 1 ole butter fingers drops.

But he didn't hit 82% of his passes and he still is making questionable decisions, how many times does he have to get hurt and continue running the ball without sliding feet first. 3rd quarter he made a 19 run and lowered his shoulder instead of sliding after 17 and this is after having 3 weeks off.
    He did run out once in the 3rd, tried to slide in the 4th, it did look awkward and was push out of bounds later on the same drive.
    That's not my point. My point is regardless of who the player is or how well he does, members who dislike that player will always dwell on the negatives of the player & never mention the positives.

And it's vice-versa if the player is liked. All kinds of kudos if he makes one nice play, but no mention of the bad plays.

How many people here mentioned Winfield getting burned twice besides me? Nary a 1 that I saw except someone replying to my post.
    I LOVE Winfield, and I made a point to criticize his overzealous run support in my post game comments.

It's funny that you LOVE Winfield, but think TJ stunk it up.

Winfield is one of the most overrated players on the Vikings (regardless of what you say) and Rogers had 82% completion percentage...

I'd say he's just as guilty for the loss (if not more-so) than Jackson is.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I replied to you already.
    He wasn't burned twice.
    Just once.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Winfield is one of the most overrated players on the Vikings (regardless of what you say) and Rogers had 82% completion percentage...

Is this where I make a statement about you attacking other people's opinions and dismissing them?

=Z=

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

I'm curious... what do you all think the story lines would be had TJ led the Vikings all the way down the field.
    Last play of the game... TJ drops back... AD gets open in the end zone... TJ sees him... perfect throw... hits AD in the hands... dropped... time expires and Vikings lose...

I wonder...

You can argue TJ lost the game with the INT.
    You could also argue the only reason we were in the game was because of TJs play in the 2nd half.
    Sure, he was 2/7 for 6 yards in the first half, not great stats.
    But he was also 14/28 for 172 yards in the 2nd half.
    Sure, the completion % could have been higher and a few drops and questionable non-calls probably affected that.
    Can't argue with the 172 yards of passing though, few of us are asking more than 200 - 250 yards total from him per game.
    He also had 65 yards rushing on 9 carries, a healthy 7 yard per carry average that makes him a threat out of the pocket, especially on 3rd downs, which a D must account for.

TJ was the reason we were still in the game in the 2nd half even after Special Teams screwed the pouch and gave up a TD return and the D decided to see how far they could get their heads up their own rectums and allowed Grant to bust off a long run setting up a TD.
    TJ led an offense that didn't give up after either of those plays, either of which could have been a nail in the coffin of the Vikings.
    TJ led the Vikings on 2 second half TD drives, the first 15 plays, the second 11 plays.
    He also led an 8 play drive to get a FG.
    The Vikings punted only twice in the 2nd half because of TJ's command of the offense.

Stop looking at stats, at the last drive INT, at the completion %, and start looking at what he did do.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:

Had Jackson completed the last drive down the field to score a game winning touchdown with time running out, he would have been a hero and all would be forgiven and forgotten.
    But he didn't. So there is the inevitable gnashing of teeth.

Leber played poorly. I haven't seen many riding his backside.

The team played poorly. It was a team loss.

The only people I wpould take to task would be the coaching staff.
    This team is much better than they showed.

That means they weren't ready to play.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=47746.msg834022#msg834022 date=1221088990]

Is this where I make a statement about you attacking other people's opinions and dismissing them?

=Z=
    [/quote]

LOL, you are concerned about his statement?
    He said he disagrees with what he says.
    He didn't make snide comments about brilliance or tards or any other oft used device.

Should he say, "why, kind fellow, I am aware of your assertion, however in all kind regards, please understand I categorically deny your claim."

Additionally, the whole attitude around a few people following each other around and sniping will be coming to an end swiftly around here.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Had Jackson completed the last drive down the field to score a game winning touchdown with time running out, he would have been a hero and all would be forgiven and forgotten.

Much agreed... and if Sharper had fallen on the fumble instead of trying to scoop it up, it could have been a completely different game too. I haven't seen much Sharper bashing on here.

Nice post.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

In pure jest.. so please take it as such.
    ;D

Tuesday, September 9th.. the button was depressed on the PPO.

"C" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Much agreed... and if Sharper had fallen on the fumble instead of trying to scoop it up, it could have been a completely different game too. I haven't seen much Sharper bashing on here.

Nice post.
    Then you're not reading my stuff closely enough.
    I've had it with the ballhawk and his shit-ass play.

=Z=

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast