Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: IF you had to root for any other team...

I have tended to cheer for the Eagles in past years, but it seems all I liked there is coming to the Vikings!
    ;D So I don't know if I will have a second team, maybe just some players.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Raiders. Since the 70s, I have been a Vikings and Raiders fans. I love the Raiders. They have or had the right attitude for football. They were renegades for a long time. Did things their way and backed it up. Plus, I love Pirates.

I would have to say the chefs

because they have a great fan base and KC is only a quick drive from mankato kind of sort of only two roads really hwy 14 to I35 and i am there in 6 or 8 hours or so.
    And they invaid packerland every year for training camp so i can go to sconsin and p!ss on packerland.
    My sister went to KC with one of her friends that is a die hard fan, all they did was tailgate, she said their tailgating is 100 times better than MN.
    Cant wait until northren lights is completed so vikings fans can be considered some of the best tailgaters again.
    You republican whore!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

You will be hard pressed finding a bigger Vikings fan than me.
    Until I was born.

Other teams...puleaz!
    Thats like having more than 1 favorite wife.

That's a great analogy Ultra. Well put.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I would have to say the chefs

because they have a great fan base
    and KC is only a quick drive from mankato............
    And if you ask one their fans who their 2nd favorite team is, what do you think their response will be?

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    I have tended to cheer for the Raves in past years................

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Ok, do not take this the wrong way BIGDADDY.
    My thoughts on "2nd favorite" teams is that it's a total load of donkey crap.
    How can football fans of a team proclaim to be a die hard fan when the have another team that they can cheer for when team #1 is crap?
    I mean I give 100% to the Vikings...there is no room for any other team.
    Hence the name. Ultravikingfan.
    I hate all 31 other teams, some a little more than others.
    Either you are with us, or you are not.
    Brilliant Ultra there are 31 enemies. My cousin Ben Utecht plays for the Colts but until he is a Viking I can't root for him. I wish him well but not the team.

Anyway great post
    Are you a Utecht also? Related to any Utechts from Winona, MN?

"boognish" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:

Let's do worst-case scenario, which is the only way I'd root for another team.

Vikes Move to Los Angeles - Wilf renames team "The Sun-Tanners".

* I could no longer watch the NFC - except to watch The Sun-Tanners get horribly beaten every time they take the field.
    I would become an ANTI-FAN - trolling S-T message boards to use my wit and typing skills as a weapon in the fight against the team and its fans.

* So now I would have to choose an AFC squad.
    I dig the Chargers when they wear those powder-blue unis, but I can't root for a west-coast team.
    No WAY am I going for one of those silly east-coast teams - too many band-wagon-jumping going on there anyway.

* And thus, we arrive at the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Who are the Chefs?
    My new favorite team.

=Z=
    :

Let's see if I get this straight. If the Vikings move out of Minnnesota, as a result of probably not getting a new stadium, you will instantaneously not only go from loving them to hating them, but you will join message boards to purposely bash the team you once loved.

That speaks volumes to me as to what kind of fan you are.
    That makes no sense to me Singer. If the Vikes were to move to LA, they would instantly become my most hated team, as the Dallas Stars are in hockey and the fricken Lakers are in basketball. We're fans of Minnesota sports franchises, not the owners of those franchises. If Wilf moved the team, which I don't think he would, the connection with MN would be lost and you'd just be rooting for the success of the jerk who ripped your heart out by stealing your favorite team and putting them in southern Cali.

Maybe that should speak volumes about the kind of fan you are.
    You will be hard pressed finding a bigger Vikings fan than me.

The optimum word here is Vikings fan. I am a fan of the Vikings. The team & not the owner. If the owner moves the team, how is that the fault of the team? It is not.

I did not say I would be an LA Vikes fan, but I certainly wouldn't automatically hate the Vikes as a team because they got moved. I definitely wouldn't start bashing the team or join & troll fan sites just to do so, that would make me a hypocrit.

I would wander around depressed until MN got a new NFL franchise & in the meantime watch football just to see who will trounce the Packers each week.

I was a fan of the Vikings during the McComb era, even though I despised Red McComb. Now there is an owner who was about the all mighty buck.

If Wilf moves the team, I would lay blame on Wilf, not the team. They would have had no say so in the matter.

Do you bash Randy Moss now that he is a Raider? He was a player that got traded, not by his choice or FA, but because the owner traded him away.

You need to lay the blame on the person or persons responsible for moving the team & not on the players on that team or the team as a whole.
    A team is an extension of the owner and its quality of play is a reflection of that owner's cheapness or generosity. When his team is successful, that owner makes money. To him, that team is a product and you are the consumer. For you to support the Vikes in L.A., were Wilf to move them there, would be tantamount to buying knives from a knife salesman who just stabbed you with one of them. Or buying cigarettes in general, for that matter. lol. Why enrich the bank account of an owner who betrayed you by continuing to support his team? That would make you the dumbest consumer on the planet.

I have no animosity towards Moss, unless he's playing against us, but he's an individual and my loyalty lies with the Minnesota Vikings. You're making my argument for me by essentially saying you value the individual players currently on the roster more than the Vikings franchise itself, although I'm sure you don't really mean it.

Once again, I must state unequivocally that were the Vikes to leave MN for another city/state, they would become enemy number 1, and from what I've seen other fans post on this thread, I believe that would be the feeling for most fans.
    If the team moves its not completely the owners fault.
    If you want to place hate and bash wilf for moving a team to make money(football is a business, losing money every year is not a good business sence) you need to get the head out of the sand.
    You need to realize there are people in St. Paul MN that have more control over if the team stays for fifty years or is gone in 2012.
    They pushed the North Stars out and then pointed the finger at Norm Green.
    They will do the same thing if the vikings leave because they are spineless cowards and will listen to only the ones giving them the most money and will get them elected.
    These POS who run the state find politics all about being popular with the soccer moms and religous freaks of mn amd not what is important to the state.
    I am done venting, its a touchy subject when people state it will be the owners fault for moving a team when the state refuses to assist in helping an important business stay, but will roll the red carpet out and pump millions into a new theater.
    I have now problem with the new guthrie i think it looks great, i want to get in there sometime and look around because i am impressed, that being said, anyone who wanted to guthrie but is anti stadium needs to look into how that stadium was built.
    The only difference is i believe the guthrie was funded, the vikings want financing.
    There is a big difference in the two words, i would hope anyone past the fourth grade would know the difference
    You republican whore!

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    If the team moves its not completely the owners fault.
    If you want to place hate and bash wilf for moving a team to make money(football is a business, losing money every year is not a good business sence) you need to get the head out of the sand.
    You need to realize there are people in St. Paul MN that have more control over if the team stays for fifty years or is gone in 2012.
    They pushed the North Stars out and then pointed the finger at Norm Green.
    They will do the same thing if the vikings leave because they are spineless cowards and will listen to only the ones giving them the most money and will get them elected.
    These POS who run the state find politics all about being popular with the soccer moms and religous freaks of mn amd not what is important to the state.
    I am done venting, its a touchy subject when people state it will be the owners fault for moving a team when the state refuses to assist in helping an important business stay, but will roll the red carpet out and pump millions into a new theater.
    I have now problem with the new guthrie i think it looks great, i want to get in there sometime and look around because i am impressed, that being said, anyone who wanted to guthrie but is anti stadium needs to look into how that stadium was built.
    The only difference is i believe the guthrie was funded, the vikings want financing.
    There is a big difference in the two words, i would hope anyone past the fourth grade would know the difference
    I certainly understand that & originaly wanted to blame the politicians as of course they would be the ones to force Wilfs hand in making a decision to move the team.

In the end it will be Wilfs decision. If he's losing money, he would have cause, but if he's making money & simply moves the team to make more, I would have to question it.

He vowed to keep the team here in MN & it was all about owning the team & keeping them here when he bought them, not about how much money he was going to make off of them.

How much more money does a billionaire really need?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

If the team moves I blame the Minnesota voters...you guys suck!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast