Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

If you don't like Brett Favre, you're a tool.

That maybe true, but Farve just rubs me the wrong way. Especially when he hands the ball off and does his fake throw when he doesn't even have the ball and everyone knows it. Sometimes he just gets too giddy. If Farve was to come to the Vikings now I would still hate him. :angryfire:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"tlk23" wrote:
    That maybe true, but Farve just rubs me the wrong way. Especially when he hands the ball off and does his fake throw when he doesn't even have the ball and everyone knows it. Sometimes he just gets too giddy. If Farve was to come to the Vikings now I would still hate him. :angryfire:
    Never thought I'd see the day that I'd rise to defend a packer, but...

When Favre "sells" the fake, he's simply using good mechanics. To dislike that is a bit...silly.

The ONLY time I had an "Issue" with Favre was two years ago when he left the Metrodome with 37 seconds on the clock - I believe we'd picked him 3 times, and he was pouting. Had they won, you know damn well that he'd have been on the field, but he walked off early..

And, when measured against his career - and everything else he's done - that's a pretty stupid reason for me to dislike him, so I chalk that up as a fluke and disregard it.

All in all, few players have EVER given as much to their TEAM as Favre has. how many other Pro players have you heard of taking pay cuts so their team can sign more talent? How many players refuse to negotiate contracts saying instead, "I know you'll do what's right".

He's been a class act year in and year out (with one - previously mentioned - exception). Yeah, I laughed when he tried to play tough-guy in the brawl in Lambeau 2 years ago - especially watching hit the brakes when Hovan came around the corner - but even THAT isn't anything to dislike him for.

Had he been in Purple all these years, we'd have 3-5 SB tropheys in our case tight now...no doubt in my mind. favre has NEVER had the weapons to use that we have had - NEVER. Yet he finds ways to win.

I dislike the Packers - in a friendly sports rivalry kind of way - but I respet the hell out of Favre. I wish more players would take note of how he does things, and quit acting like spoiled children who only care about "pay day".

I'll miss him once he retires.

Caine

If doing that stupid fake is good mechanics, then why doesn't every QB do it then and how is that good mechanics. All Farve does is turn around was the RB is already 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and jumps up and pretends to throw the ball. It would be great if he landed wrong and tore his knee all up like Bill Gramatica.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"tlk23" wrote:
    If doing that stupid fake is good mechanics, then why doesn't every QB do it then and how is that good mechanics. All Farve does is turn around was the RB is already 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and jumps up and pretends to throw the ball. It would be great if he landed wrong and tore his knee all up like Bill Gramatica.
    Sometimes, he still does catch a defender off guard, and they will bite on it - buying a couple seconds for the ball carrier. THAT'S how it's good mechanics. He follows through, time after time. One of these times, it won't be a fake...

Caine

Just becasue I dislike B Fever while he is on the gridiron :angryfire: doesn't mean I can not respect him for the professional achievements he has accomplished both on the field and off the field :shock: when ever he is not drunk or poping pills or someone in his family is not sick or dieing :roll: having said that if he was a no good lucky mother who just has had a good year that would be differant. :? OK OK so he has had a few lucky years :drunken: but that is because no one else would thow cheese pie's for Green G@y

As a life long Viking Fan I DISLIKE any QB RB WR TE CB LB S and Line player (that means football team for you Pucker fans) who steps on the gridiron against the Minnesota Vikings :scratch: don't tell me you are not the same :argue:

The point maybe needed to be made and to Quantify what do you mean by If you don't like Brett (Cheesepie Thrower) Fever, You're a Tool :tongue: I think you should honestly post it on a cheese board ukeright:

Beside if you don't like that vikings fans don't like Butthead (cheese breath) Fever :arrow: GO BACK TO THE CHEESE HEAD FORUM :scratch: wait i forgot they can't type or operate computers :tongue:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

I have never seen Farve still have the ball when he does that fake. Let me know when that happens and the Cardinals win the Super Bowl.

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

:rr:
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"tlk23" wrote:
    Especially when he hands the ball off and does his fake throw when he doesn't even have the ball and everyone knows it.
    Did you hate Brad Johnson when he did it to make fun of Favre in a game back in the 90's?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Actually, favre's roll outs and handoffs are the smal plays in many respects... the only difference is Favre DOES have the ball. There was an interview a few years back (I couldn't find it sorry- so believe me if you want) in which defenders say they HAVE to look back at him, and do... so, think what you want, but tell me this... even if it is silly, what can it hurt?
    3 Straight Division Champs

"Eyesore" wrote:
    :rr:
    :headbang: you be jamen

:director: for our next lesson we will be come one with our team, Think Purple, Gold and White and repeatedly chant SKOL

:shock: :happy9:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast