Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

If you don't like Brett Favre, you're a tool.

Packers: Favre cuts hair to support his wife
    Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    December 9, 2004 PACK1209

GREEN BAY, WIS. -- The cropped haircut Brett Favre wore under his baseball cap Wednesday served as a reminder that there are far more important things than Green Bay's 47-17 loss to Philadelphia on Sunday.

"I'm gradually cutting it down so I can be like my wife," the Packers quarterback said as he removed his hat to show the assembled media a close shave. "I had to ease into it."

Favre's wife, Deanna, was diagnosed with breast cancer in late October and began treatments three weeks ago that will cause her to lose her hair. "She'll look a hell of a lot better than me without hair," Favre said. "Maybe that will make her feel better. I don't know. She has to do it, there's no choice. Just whatever support I can give her."

Favre said his wife has her "up and down" days but is "hanging in there probably much better than I would. She has her moments."
    Brett Favre shows off his new haircut.
    Associated Press

This has been a trying past year for the Favres, beginning last December when Brett's father, Irv, died of a heart attack days before Christmas. Deanna's younger brother was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accidents three weeks before she was diagnosed with cancer.

"I'm doing all right, all things considered," Favre said when asked about himself. "We've had some tough things happen to us but we've managed to survive, and I don't see any reason why we won't during this."

Etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Rough year for the Packman. As much as I hate to admit it, he's a classy guy.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

He's a very great athlete hall of famer, he is wreckless in his style and takes risks=fun to watch/or hard to watch at times if your a fan. He is a class act............................................

But he plays for the rival so he must be made fun of or at the very least dis-credited as much as possible

If people cross the line here lots of Vike fans are quick to jump in and call it. I don't think anyone here hates him or dislikes him on a personal level. Just tired of hearing about him

mrdrae is offline Rookie

I'm a Packer Fan and I get tired of hearing about him all of the time. But I never get tired of watching him play when he is on his game.
    What do the MINNESOTA VIKINGS and possums have in common?

Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

uncle tony is offline Rookie

As much as I dislike him ont he football field I hope his personal life comes out O.K.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Gotta bash him until he retires....just because he is a Packer!!! No disrespect to him personally though...he is a fellow Cajun (albeit from Mississippi)!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Brett's a class act. Wish he and Deanna the best.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

favre.........love to hate him......his personal life i am sure that he would like to keep it that way. personal. if he would like some support from a football player, he should call chris spielman.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"uncle tony" wrote:
    As much as I dislike him ont he football field I hope his personal life comes out O.K.
    Very well said! Just like Mrdrae said, I am tired of hearing about off the field stuff, but on the field he's a hell of a ball player!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Pill-popping and his refusal to properly pronounce his name aside, I don't believe anyone has said anything bad about Farve, or dislikes him personally. I wish him and his family all the best, after all he earned it. On the field however, I hope he spends more time on his as* than on his feet, but that's football.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast