Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

If and when should PEP ride the pine?

Should he? Could we at least put up a better effort with Brad in there for a bit? Or should you let Brad come in like a relief pitcher when Pep is struggling? And when should he come in if that was a reality?
    The road woes continue for the Vikings and I for one am sick of it. We supposedly have(using this loosely) a defense to carry us deep into the playoffs. Where the heck are they? Sucking wind because the O-line cant block.
    Did Daunte forget how to scramble and throw on the run?
    What the heck is going on here? I cannot stand the fact the midseason collapse is happening already.
    Tice better rally the troops or I am going to call for his head on a platter! And I am one of his biggest fans.

6-KINGS Guest

Official Da Pep is done Thread

Ya know before the season started I wrote a preview blog about the upcoming Viking offense.

I mentioned if Cullpepper became frustrated at the start of the season we were in trouble. Now I am big Pepper fan, and I took a massive amount of heat for placing him amongst the top tier of QB's in this time.
    Del took me task and so did a few others for my placing him on such a high pedestal. What we saw today was not new for Cullpepper this season.
    As a matter of fact we have seen this Cullpepper on 2 other outings. Oh the games seem like pro football. The hype each week, the sounds of the game and anticipation of an effort.
    But we my fellow Viking fans are being slighted by our beloved Vikings.
    Daunte Cullpepper is lost. There may be 100 reasons why, but he is lost.
    The Daunte of old is the Daunte of new. A sense of absolute confusion wraps itself around this giant of man. A man who can shoulder no more for now.
    His read's, his throws and his mere presence on the football field are crushing this team. A veteran at this stage should have this behind them by now. He does not.
    I can't help but think the hype many of us bought into in the offseason, the Vikings themselves bought into.
    Now sure we posted a win last week and it looked like maybe, just maybe we turned it around. We did not, very plain, very simple, very honest and with a broken gut we have not.
    Now injury is part of the game and injury hurt us today.
    But we lost today due too Daunte.
    I know this thread has the possibility of bringing PPO to a state of civil war.
    But we must, as many of you mentioned look at Daunte.
    The line that blocks for him is tattered, we all know that. But with the talent Pepper has, this should be a factor, but not a factor to the degree we have witnessed.

I really think Tice only keeps his job for now, due to the injuries.
    But it is time for Cullpepper to sit, to be mentored again and come to understand what it really takes to lead an NFL team.
    As I said before what is old, is now new.
    Time to start Johnson.
    He may not do better, might do worse. But we cannot afford to destroy the QB who is our future, by leaving Cullpepper in the game to fall deeper into the well of self doubt that is seen on his face at the line of scrimmage.
    Daunte my friends, is broken.

6-KINGS

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: If and when should PEP ride the pine?

After the bye, if his head is still up his butt...then bench him.

MattShortNB81 is offline Training Camp

Yea good idea..we should let Culpepper ride the pine.........and put Brad Johnson in...that way Brad Johnson could get the AMAZING protection Pepps gettin..its not Culpepper..its the o-Line..9 sacks when i turned the game off..get off his back

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    After the bye, if his head is still up his butt...then bench him.

Agreed. If he doesn't show up by halftime of the Bears game, he sits. I thought he should have sat after the first series of the 2nd half today.

The nine sacks thing is deceiving. If Pepper doesn't hold on to the ball for 6-9 seconds he maybe gets sacked 3-4 times.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"MattShortNB81" wrote:
    Yea good idea..we should let Culpepper ride the pine.........and put Brad Johnson in...that way Brad Johnson could get the AMAZING protection Pepps gettin..its not Culpepper..its the o-Line..9 sacks when i turned the game off..get off his back

Soo you did watch the game. If you did and this is what you came up with, you need to get some glasses as at least half of the sacks are Pep's fault for not throwing it away, running with it, or actually seeing a receiver down field. He didn't complete a pass to a WR till 13:00 minutes left in the 3rd quarter ... at least BJ would get rid of the ball and throw it on time with the receivers and "Not" take the sack. The o-line is bad, but Pep is just as bad ... they share the blame.

Re: Official Da Pep is done Thread

you could put any QB in the NFL behind that line..hell put Fran Tarkenton (and Fran Tarkenton is my favorite player..period) behind that line..and your not going to get anything..ill let you count the sacks

the only man that can save this team now...Brady Quinn.. :wink: ..you heard it here first my Irish will bring the mighty trojans down in 2 weeks and the vikings will be salavating for Quinn :grin: the numbers speak for themselves

124-190, 1621 yards (2nd in Nation), 13 tds, 3 ints
    ...ND could score on the vikings..

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"MattShortNB81" wrote:
    I am not on his back. I want the Vikes to win games. I cannot believe that it is all the O-line's fault. Not completely. If %100 percent of time it was the line's fault there would be more than 9 sacks.
    If some of the time you complete a five yard pass and get going down the field or make a defense play you honestly instead of pinning their ears back it might make a difference. I watched the Cincy game and there were times that there were WR's open and PEP DID NOT THROW IT TO THEM. HE IS NOT SEEING THE FIELD WELL.
    And please dont tell me what to do. I surely would not do the same.
    Except this. GET THE **** OFF of my back sweetie!!!!! I have a right to my opinion, just like you do.

Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast