Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

If we get to the playoffs who would you want to play.

Oh, maybe the Patriots, Colts, or Titans...cuz that would mean we are in the Super Bowl!

I don't care who we play, but I'd like home field advantage for selfish reasons. One, I could get tickets for both games. Two, it's always easier to win at home than on the road. Three, we theoretically have to beat the "weakest" team in the first round to make it to the championship game. Fourth, it means we had the best record in the conference.

A victory at home over the Packers in the playoffs would be sweet. I also wouldn't mind beating the Rams considering the last few pastings they've laid on the Vikes. Atlanta (revenge for 98, and the Vick overtime run) would be good as well.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: If we get to the playoffs who would you want to play.

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    2) Yourselves, for blowing a 6-0 start and a 17-14 lead in the 4th quarter
    Actually, I believe it was a 17-6 lead when Culpepper and company stepped off the field for the last time in 2003.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    but i would rather see us eliminate GB from playoff contention like they did to us last year.
    My thoughts on that:

Wouldn't you have some more people to blame for that before the Pack?

1) The Arizona Cardinals, for not playing down to their ability
    2) Yourselves, for blowing a 6-0 start and a 17-14 lead in the 4th quarter
    3) The Denver Broncos, for playing their scrubs and allowing the Pack to win?

Just a thought. I'd like to play the Vikes in the playoffs, in GB, of course.
    I totally agree with you on those points LA. However it wasn't the Cardinal fans in here after the game was over posting pictures of Nathan Poole, Hovan on the ground, Lombardi trophies, etc. and rubbing it in for days afterward. So although it wasn't really Green Bay that kept us out of the playoffs last year, it would just feel better for the same thing to happen to the Pack.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VaViking1 is offline Training Camp

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    For me it would have to be the rams in our dome. I am sick of losing to them, does anyone else feel the same way then the Pack of course but i would rather see us eliminate GB from playoff contention like they did to us last year. I would love to play anyone but the Panthers at home. I fear them, their defense would probably kill us.
    Oh yeah of little faith. It won't matter who our VIKINGS play, since they will go undefeated this season.

(The Panthers defense will probably kill us.)
    What will our offense be doing? Standing around and just letting them do as they please? Our offense didn't get to be the top rated offense in the NFL by standing around and letting defenses dictate to us. WE DICTATE to THEM. GET IT!

Tommy - VIKINGS Fan for Life!!

VaViking1 is offline Training Camp

>>>>SDVIKEFAN - I totally agree with you on those points LA. However it wasn't the Cardinal fans in here after the game was over posting pictures of Nathan Poole, Hovan on the ground, Lombardi trophies, etc. and rubbing it in for days afterward. So although it wasn't really Green Bay that kept us out of the playoffs last year, it would just feel better for the same thing to happen to the Pack.[/quote]<<<<

I'd rather see the Packers eliminated from the playoffs by week 8. And then have their season go to HELL. It would be a thing of beauty to watch them week after week after week, just continue to do that down hill slide. Give them the 1st pick in next seasons draft. That will be fine, since we'll be Super Bowl Champions.

Tommy - VIKINGS Fan for Life!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

It would be awesome if we played the Packers in the playoffs because of the whole rivalry (my family would go crazy over this game- dad's a pack fan, mom's from Wisconsion, and my 3 brothers hate either the Packers or the Vikes). I would love to see that game.
    Otherwise, let's just get home field.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"sdvikefan" wrote:

I totally agree with you on those points LA. However it wasn't the Cardinal fans in here after the game was over posting pictures of Nathan Poole, Hovan on the ground, Lombardi trophies, etc. and rubbing it in for days afterward. So although it wasn't really Green Bay that kept us out of the playoffs last year, it would just feel better for the same thing to happen to the Pack.
    Oh, no doubt on Viking fans wanting to see blood from the Packers. Sure, we benefitted from the Denver stupidity (which mind you, wasn't lost on the Bronco fans sitting around me at the game, one of whom almost got into a fistfight, was yelling profanely, and caused a family to leave the game early). Obviously, we can make the point that we got ourselves in the position to make the playoffs, but that's history.

As for the trolls who came online, I thought it was out of line and classless.

And I agree with you completely, sd...I treasure a Viking loss as much as a Packer win, and the insanity for both sides if we met it the playoffs would reach a fever pitch. I personally don't want to see the Vikings completely collapse...that would reduce the rivalry to the one we have with the Bears.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Personally my revenge against the broncos rolling over for the pack was them getting destroyed by Peyton Manning in the playoffs. Seriously, who rests their starters?

Some teams I would seriously like to humiliate in the playoffs:

Atlanta (obvious revenge)
    Giants (same reason)
    Cardinals (if they ever get there)
    Packers (obvious)

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

SUPAFREAK84MVP is offline Waterboy

"pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    i'd like to extract some sweet sweet revenge on the atlanta falcons if ya know what i mean

i mean last year was great when we went to their house and destroyed them but they had some scrub at QB and issues with their defense

i want revenge on michael vick ... he embarassed us when they came to the dome a couple years back and ran all over our defense ... i'd love to see udeze give him a lick and force them to bring their backups in

ohh and not to mention ... [and yes, it hurts mentioning it] the NFC championship years back ... we still need to give them some payback

REVENGE FROM LAST YEAR. HOW ABOUT REVENGE FROM 98

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

I would just like to say that this topic should not be "If we get to the playoffs who would you want to play?" it should be "WHEN we get to the playoffs who do you want to play?" I have total faith that we will get to the playoffs this year and hopefully the Superbowl. However, when we get their i want to play the Packers and beat them by about 50! that would be great. by the way, happy 4th! ccasion8: :usa2:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast