Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: If we draft a RB, who do we dump?

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    who actually makes the final decision on who we draft? Is it tice or red or someone else?
    You can bet that Brezinski has the final say so in any draft trade secenario and that Studwell has the call on who is actually selected! Otherwise why pay the man to do a job only to ingnore his recommendations?

I'm sure Tice has an input, but when it comes to the final word in the draft, Studwell is the man!

As for keeping or trading a RB if one is drafted, let's hope we can still get something of value for Michael Bennett. Maybe we can convince Denny Green to give up a third round pick for him! Cross your fingers if we do draft a RB with the first pick!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Why do some people keep talking about expired contracts? After contracts are up, you can sign a new one.

And if the coaches think that none of our backs are NFL quality, why did we trade Moss? He made them better than they are, I know this. And that goes for the O Line as well. Just wait and see how tuff it'll be with the saftey playing in the box.

And if they can't cut it without Moss, then WTF? Now we not only need a WR, we need a RB as well!

You can mark my words - We won't have a top ten offense in 2005. So I hope that our D is as good as it is on paper.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

The point to the contracts would be what has Bennett done lately because he will likely ask for more money than he has proven he's worth.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

"FuadFan" wrote:
    The point to the contracts would be what has Bennett done lately because he will likely ask for more money than he has proven he's worth.
    Faud, that's being subjective. Bennett has proven to be a better back in his four years than Robert Smith was in his first 4 years. I have no problem keeping Bennett in the backfield, he has played more games and rushed and received for more yards than Smith provided in the same time frame. Does that mean he'll be better? No way, far from it. But when you have a player that does actually produce for the team when he's actually on the field, than being subjective about his worth if far from being practical!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

80_was_the_man is offline Training Camp

Depending on which back you got would determine who you let go. If you draft say a Ronnie Brown, you wouldnt need a Moe Williams or Smith, but you would still want a back-up and Bennet and MM would be great there. If you were to draft say a Carnell Williams you would get rid of Bennet ofcourse because they are the same type of back. You would want someone to compliment what you have. With that being said the draft is deep with RB. I say we have 5 needs, OLB, WR, DE, SS, K. You address those and see what you get then maybe go for OL and RB help.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

You can mark my words - We won't have a top ten offense in 2005. So I hope that our D is as good as it is on paper.
    I FIRMLY disagree. Granted losing Moss is gonna be noticeable but I don't see us dropping significantly down. Even if you take away Moss' touchdowns from last year Daunte still had a decent year. And without him always looking for an open Moss I believe that his numbers are going to steadily increase.

While none of our back's are great individually they are all good and with the stable we have... they ARE great. Add to that our 2 very good TE's and a pretty good O-Line... I don't see how you think because we lose ONE player (and yes I do know what a great talent he is) that our offense is gonna totally crumble. You're probably one of those people that "got on the bus with Gus" and wanted to bench Daunte!

Oh... and if we are to drop a back... I would like to see it be Bennett... he's got speed but I think he lacks the ability to make the big play unless he has a gaping hole to run through! Sorry I got distracted for a minute :wink:

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

umm most people say get rid of bennett? bennett don't smoke pot, if smith gets caught again it will not be 4 games it will probably be 10.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    umm most people say get rid of bennett? bennett don't smoke pot, if smith gets caught again it will not be 4 games it will probably be 10.
    Thats true... which is one of the reasons that I wouldn't be fully against picking up a RB if they are the best available player come the 7th pick. Between Bennet's health issues, Spliff's drug issues, and MM lack of experience as a starter picking up a stud back wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12