Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: If the Vikings made the Super Bowl this year... Your plan.

Like NodakPaul, it would depend if my name was selected in the Vikings lottery for the right to buy tickets (season ticket holders get entered into a lottery, with the number of chances they have in the lottery equal to the number of seats they hold times the number of years they have been a season ticket holder.
    I would get 2*9=18 chances).

If I got picked, I'd have to scramble to find money to buy the tickets.
    No savings in the bank, all our credit cards are maxxed out.
    I think the face price of tickets are going to be something like $400 or $600 this year...so 2 tix would cost $800 to $1200.
    Assuming I could scrounge up the money, then the question would be...do I go, or do I try to scalp them?
    I don't have a big flat screen HDTV yet...still slumming with a 27 inch vacuum tube model.
    I'd bet I could easily sell the tickets and have enough to buy a big flat screen that I could enjoy the Vikes on for years to come...maybe even enough to do that AND pay for NFL Sunday Ticket for the next two-three seasons.

If I decided to go to the game, the next thing to decide would be who to take.
    Chances are it would be the wife.
    She'd be pissed if I spent that kind of dough and didn't take her.
    But if I could get a friend like my buddy ZDog to pay for the tickets (his AND mine), I might get to go without too much financial outlay and too much grief from the missus.
    I have relatives on my wife's side of the family that live in Tampa (and her dad lives over by Ft. Lauderdale), so I suspect I could find a free place to crash without having to pay for an expensive hotel.

Sans tickets, I will probably just watch the game with my usual buddies who have been getting together for our annual Super Bowl party for the past 20+ years.
    Going to Tampa to watch the game in a bar might be cool (though I wonder how many other SB related events/parties might be limited to people who actually have game tickets).
    Going up to the Twin Cities and doing the same sort of thing might be even better (if frigid though).
    You'll be surrounded by Vikings fans (the Packer fans will all stay home), the memorabilia and merchandise will be plentiful and probably cheaper than you'll find it in Tampa, and the entire atmosphere will be electric.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

ill take the long trip and look for tickets cheap, if not watch it on a big screen somewhere

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I would have to stop crying tears of joy. Then I would have to Figure out what else in life I always Hoped for but seemed to far out of reach could happen.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I would probably cut a mullet, Run throughout the town naked painted purple screaming "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"erik5032" wrote:
    I would probably cut a mullet, Run throughout the town naked painted purple screaming "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"
    nicked my idea ! If we made the SB then it will be a late night and no work the following day. If we win then a naked run to the end of the street and back... then again at 2am then no-one will see thankfully
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Wherever the PP.O party was, Minny or Tampa, I would be there.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    I would go out and buy the biggest and best Prime Rib Roast I could find, add a few Lobsters, Steamers, and Shrimp to the stove top, and fix up a game time Meal like no other.
    Kick
    back and relax in the comforts of my home, and welcome Vikings Fans who wanted to join in and watch the game.
    I know my Wife and Son David, would also love to watch the game, so it will surely be an at home day, with family and friends...

I would drive
    up and enjoy the game with you Ned but I don't want to see you Nikked!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

SKOL VIKINGS

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Probably have the biggest super-bowl party ever.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    I would go out and buy the biggest and best Prime Rib Roast I could find, add a few Lobsters, Steamers, and Shrimp to the stove top, and fix up a game time Meal like no other.
    Kick
    back and relax in the comforts of my home, and welcome Vikings Fans who wanted to join in and watch the game.
    I know my Wife and Son David, would also love to watch the game, so it will surely be an at home day, with family and friends...

I would drive
    up and enjoy the game with you Ned but I don't want to see you Nikked!
    For you Cojo,
    I would keep my pants on for the game.....But then again, we would loss.......LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast