Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

If the Vikings made the Super Bowl this year... Your plan.

If my some miracle the Vikings pull it together and upset a few teams, how would you celebrate? What would you do?

Would you go to the game?
    Roadtrip Caravan?
    Fly to Tampa?
    Sit at home with a group of buddies?

Personally, I think I would fly to Tampa for the weekend and watch the game at a local bar.

My wife brought this up today and I was curious as to what everyone else would do.
    Might be a fun topic to discuss.

Re: If the Vikings made the Super Bowl this year... Your plan.

I'd probably do like i do every game.
    Sit here, watching the game by myself.

If i had the resources and the facility, i would have a party, drink some beer, eat some food and yell for the purple. Have it at a hotel, pool, etc.

I don't see the purpose behind flying down there, then watching it in a bar. Being here, gets you in a better spot when they get to the airport, and on the parade route.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It depends on whether or not I get tickets.

http://www.vikings.com/Resources/images/139495.pdf
    Super Bowl Lottery
    If the Vikings are participating in the Super Bowl, there is a computerized ‘lottery’ to determine which Season Ticket Owners will be eligible to purchase tickets. Only Season Ticket Owners who purchase all of their post season tickets (the same number of season tickets purchased for the regular season) will be eligible for the Super Bowl Lottery. The number of chances that each ticket owner receives is based on the number of years that the owner has held tickets multiplied by the number of seats they currently have. (Example: If a ticket owner has had tickets for five years and has four seats, they will receive twenty chances in the lottery.) Each lottery winner will be able to purchase two tickets.
    If I did win tickets, I would have to see if the wife wanted to go with me.
    She had a GREAT time at the superbowl last year, but it was a pretty expensive endeavor, and we have two kids (6 and 4) who we would have to arrange child care for.
    Since one of them is in school they can't just head out to the grandparents house...

My guess is that if she didn't want to go, I would see if my father wanted to go in on the tickets and hotel room with me.
    Either way we would see if there was anyone else from PP.O going down who wanted to carpool and save some $$ on gas.

If I didn't win tickets, I gotta say that the idea of going down to Tampa to watch it in a bar sounds intriguing.
    Maybe if we got a decent number of PPOers going, I would probably be interested making a roadtrip for that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    If my some miracle the Vikings pull it together and upset a few teams, how would you celebrate? What would you do?

Roadtrip Caravan?
    Fly to Tampa?

Personally, I think I would fly to Tampa for the weekend and watch the game at a local bar.

My wife brought this up today and I was curious as to what everyone else would do.
    Frankly, I love the caravan idea
    "If" this were to occur, it'd be the first time in my lifetime the Purple played for the whole enchilada.
    I'd want to make as big of deal about it as possible.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Unfortunately, it would be a financial impossibility for me....
    Just curious for you residents of Minnesota.....do you think the Metrodome would be openned up for a huge Superbowl party??
    ie, big screen?
    Additional screens and monitors brought in and posted all over the place to allow thousands of diehards to have the ability to celebrate together?
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

I would have to hurry up and get my football room in my basement done. It is only framed and the electrical is run in it. I have given myself a deadline of the 2009 Football season to get it done. I have all the drywall sitting in my garage and the next two weeks off of work, but I probably won't work on it. If we made the Superbowl I would have roughly two weeks to get that room done so I could watch the big game in it. If I don't get it done.... I host the Superbowl party for my friends every year so I would most likely watch it at home with friends.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

If.....IF the Vikings make the playoffs and IF they win the NFC title.
    I would take the day after the SB off from work because either I will be partying all night, or drowning my sorrows.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I will crap my pants
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Roadtrip Caravan?
    Fly to Tampa?

Frankly, I love the caravan idea
    "If" this were to occur, it'd be the first time in my lifetime the Purple played for the whole enchilada.
    I'd want to make as big of deal about it as possible.
    That could be pretty cool.
    It is 1600 miles to Tampa from the Cities.
    At 20 mph, that is 160 gallons round trip - round up to 180 for extra driving.
    That is no more than $360 per car in gas money.
    Maybe throw a hotel stay there and back in Tennessee to hook up with some of the Purple Faithful that were at the Vikings-Titans game... plus $75 per person for food while traveling...

I would say it would cost about $240 per person for a car with 4 people to drive down and back (not counting expenses while there)...
    Cut that down to about $160 per person if we drive straight through or sleep in the car at a truck stop...

How awesome would it be to see 20+ cars and trucks decked out in PP.O and Vikings gear heading down for the party!!!

Damn.
    I gotta stop going down this line of thought.
    I can't get excited about it yet - one game at a time.
    Let's beat Atlanta.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    I will crap my pants
    LMFAO..... It is true though.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast