Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 85 of 85
  1. #81
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: If the Vikings left Minnesota would you support them?

    Zeus, since when do we have to back up what we write here with "evidence" ???? (funny, but your posts are missing footnotes and annotations).
    :

    That thing about the Dolphins being blacked out: every NFL fan knows that.

    Do you really think the Bills fill their house on Sunday ? (I really doubt that they pack that house).

    Where is your evidence that I am wrong ??? :

    You think I made that up about the city of Indianapolis 'covering' the Colts budget ?? where the hell would I get that from ?

    BTW, notice that those teams are all AFC ?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218

    Re: If the Vikings left Minnesota would you support them?

    i will always support this team no matter what. thats why when i got my jersey made it has my name on it.

  3. #83
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: If the Vikings left Minnesota would you support them?

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Zeus, since when do we have to back up what we write here with "evidence" ???? (funny, but your posts are missing footnotes and annotations).
    :
    Plain and simple:
    If you're going to make outlandish claims, then I'm going to ask for "evidence".

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #84
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: If the Vikings left Minnesota would you support them?

    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    i will always support this team no matter what. thats why when i got my jersey made it has my name on it.
    Too bad it would be a totally different jersey.

  5. #85
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If the Vikings left Minnesota would you support them?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Let's also just compare:

    - The Buffalo Bills play in an 80,000 seat stadium that is half-empty on Sunday.
    Evidence?

    - The Colts have had to rely on public assistance from the city of Indianapolis. I know that the NFL does not like this situation.
    Evidence?

    - The Miami Dolphins home games were blacked out in on TV in southern Florida for years due to lack of fan interest.
    Evidence?

    In contrast: the Vikings are privately funded and fill their house every Sunday.

    So who should move, again ?
    LOL, that's hilarious.
    The Vikings needed 3 buy-outs from corporate sponsors to ensure sell-outs last season.
    And that's WITH Purple Jesus running wild.

    Your first three "points" are all dubious.
    I would like to see non-Wikipedia evidence for them.

    =Z=
    Lol.
    I had to go back three pages to find this little debate between Z and SP.


    Last year, the Bills sold out a minimum of 7 home games, maybe all of them.
    The only one I couldn't find a definitive answer for was the final game, which was NY Giants at the Bills.
    http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2007/07/16/daily18.html
    http://www.emqb.com/buffalo-bills/buffalo-bills-vs-cincinnati-bengals/
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5509

    As far as Miami, I can't find anything specific listing how many games were sold out last year, but I know that at least the final three home games in Miami were sell outs.
    COnsidering it was a winless season at that point, that speaks volumes for the fan base.
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5544
    http://tananarivedue.blogspot.com/2007/12/zen-art-of-being-dolfan-2007-miami.html

    The best I could find regarding the Colts is an article from 2003 that says that in the 19 years the team had been in Indianapolis, the team had received approximately $138 million in subsidies.
    No idea where that information came from though.
    http://www.nuvo.net/articles/article_1409/

    So SP was completely wrong on the Bills and the Dolphins (as well as the sellout issue with the Vikigns), but may have been correct with Indianapolis...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for ways to support the Vikings Stadium?
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 07:51 AM
  2. i think im gonna support the vikings a little from now on
    By klubvizzle in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 07:05 AM
  3. Vikings & Twins ask for Support
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 03:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •