Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    The problem I see is a learning problem. We have very young DBs and it will take time to comprehend the scheme every single play and get to their respective spots. if you look at our secondary we have Chris Cook 3rd year (really 2nd year) he didn't play last year, Harrison Smith (rookie), JR (rookie), and Winfield veteran starting this year. That is a very young secondary and will take some time to gel, they seem very talented though and I am jacked to see what they can do in the future. I think next year we will have a good secondary. I am conservative in my opinion as I think they can be a really great secondary if they continue to grow as they have in these few short weeks.
    Oh yeah, I left out Raymond who is in his second year, we are very, very young once you take out Winfiled. Pretty much either rookies or second year players, OUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The Vikings defense attacked the ball against the Titans.

It was such a change to watch DBs playing close and getting to the ball.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The Vikings defense attacked the ball against the Titans.

It was such a change to watch DBs playing close and getting to the ball.
    But were you watching them run with the reciever and knock the ball down, or come up, from back in their zone and knock the ball down.

In the end, you don't generate that much Whup Ass on a reciever, like our S's have been doing, if you are running with him. You only do it when you are coming at him from another direction.

By the way, both INT's by our CB's this year came from Josh and Whinny coming in from the back of their zones. Not from running with the WR.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    But were you watching them run with the reciever and knock the ball down, or come up, from back in their zone and knock the ball down.

In the end, you don't generate that much Whup Ass on a reciever, like our S's have been doing, if you are running with him. You only do it when you are coming at him from another direction.

By the way, both INT's by our CB's this year came from Josh and Whinny coming in from the back of their zones. Not from running with the WR.
    They are able to do that more because they now have a MLB that can actually control his area of the field at a basic level so they don't have to cover their zones and cover the MLB's ass at the same time.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    But were you watching them run with the receiver and knock the ball down, or come up, from back in their zone and knock the ball down.
    Zone, man, and mixed.

My point was that the defenders attacked the ball in the air instead of allowing the receiver to catch the ball. The defenders were more aggressive in their zones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123