Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If Vikings can muster Perfect Game, it could get scary for opposition

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/vikings/14633

36-10 with 10 penalties and two fumbles? Imagine what the Vikes could do playing 99% mistake free football?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: If Vikings can muster Perfect Game, it could get scary for opposition

LOL, I just put this in the post game thread.
    I really like your stuff my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I really like your stuff My Farvish Friend.
    Thanks. It's funny how a game like this can still carry a level of frustration with it.

They soundly beat a division opponent. They set multiple benchmarks. They all but locked up the second straight NFC North title and it still wasn't good enough... lol.

"Mike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks. It's funny how a game like this can still carry a level of frustration with it.

They soundly beat a division opponent. They set multiple benchmarks. They all but locked up the second straight NFC North title and it still wasn't good enough... lol.
    Peaking at the playoffs my friend.
    Peaking at the playoffs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Peaking at the playoffs my friend.
    Peaking at the playoffs.

5 games in December.
    They need to go 4-1, minimum, IMHO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Peaking at the playoffs My Farvish Friend.
    Peaking at the playoffs.

5 games in December.
    They need to go 4-1, minimum, IMHO.

=Z=
    Not sure about the rest of you, but I really wanted to see some cats get rested yesterday.
    That long KO along with the push to get someone to 400yds passing kindof changed that.

A side of me hopes the Aints win tonight.
    Pretty much ensures they will only have one win which would then force our coaches to make a decision about what is more important.
    Home field advantage (more playing time/greater risk of injury) or going into the playoffs healthy (more losses/more time off in games/less chance of injury).

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

All the young players are getting better especially Harvin.

I don't think the Vikes have played their best game yet and I think it may very well come in the playoffs.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Not sure about the rest of you, but I really wanted to see some cats get rested yesterday.
    That long KO along with the push to get someone to 400yds passing kindof changed that.

Pretty much ensures they will only have one win which would then force our coaches to make a decision about what is more important.
    Home field advantage (more playing time/greater risk of injury) or going into the playoffs healthy (more losses/more time off in games/less chance of injury).
    I think the rest factor is overrated... getting a Bye week gaurantees 2 weeks rest, I'm not sure how much more we need... what I love is that we're giving our backups some live reps... Kennedy is getting a TON of work on the D Line, Farwell was in playing LB for most of the 4th quarter... with Winny being out, Allen, Sapp, and Paymah have been getting a ton of reps at CB.
    Practice is good and all, but nothing beats live reps in game situations.
    I really wish they'd let TJ actually play like he was behind to get some better experience reps then simply trying to run out the clock in the 4th quarter.
    Up by 4 scores, does it matter if he throws a pick 6?
    Let him play with a mentality (and play calling) that doesn't necessarily reflect the score.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I think the rest factor is overrated... getting a Bye week gaurantees 2 weeks rest, I'm not sure how much more we need... what I love is that we're giving our backups some live reps... Kennedy is getting a TON of work on the D Line, Farwell was in playing LB for most of the 4th quarter... with Winny being out, Allen, Sapp, and Paymah have been getting a ton of reps at CB.
    Practice is good and all, but nothing beats live reps in game situations.
    I really wish they'd let TJ actually play like he was behind to get some better experience reps then simply trying to run out the clock in the 4th quarter.
    Let him play with a mentality (and play calling) that doesn't necessarily reflect the score.
    Good points but I still don't quite agree with your thought on the rest factor.

Let the ones go out and run up the score and then let the two's come out and do thier thing in the second half.
    Gets two things done.
    As you said, (a) gets the 2's reps and (b) minimizes the risk of injury.

IMHO, the only thing that will hold this team back right now is the (b) and that can be minimized if the (a) happens as we get closer to the playoffs.

"Marrdro" wrote:

Peaking at the playoffs My Farvish Friend.
    Peaking at the playoffs.
    Which is much better than "peeking" at the playoffs.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    I think the rest factor is overrated...

I've seen a lot of players say the rest actually takes them out of the groove. And, look at what the Giants did by not resting players two years ago.

As for T-Jack, I'd like to see that, also. And, I'd like to see Sage get in there, too. If Favre goes down, is T-Jack really the only hope? I'd like to think not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast