Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: If the Vikes win the division - do you keep Tice?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:
    Tice has as much control over his players than any other Viking coach; Grant, Burns, Steckel, Green.......granted he is not a Tom Coughlin type - but do you really want that kinda coach?
    I would have to disagree with Grant. I think he had way more control over his players.
    I tend to think of it as the players had more respect for Grant & believed in him, rather than Grant having control.

Either way, the players did what Grant said.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Tice would just as soon get rid of his assistant coaches, too? Under the old budget maybe that's the best he could get and they are LOUSY!
    If that's the case (and I truly think it is) then Tice has to be the best head coach in the league because he's not only had to be the head coach but every other coach, too.
    Did you see him yelling at Looney-Tunes in the GB game and that's not the first time that's happened. I think Tice is as frustrated as anyone and Wilf realizes that. That's why you hear messages from Wilf about how much he likes Tice.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Tice would just as soon get rid of his assistant coaches, too? Under the old budget maybe that's the best he could get and they are LOUSY!
    If that's the case (and I truly think it is) then Tice has to be the best head coach in the league because he's not only had to be the head coach but every other coach, too.
    Did you see him yelling at Looney-Tunes in the GB game and that's not the first time that's happened. I think Tice is as frustrated as anyone and Wilf realizes that. That's why you hear messages from Wilf about how much he likes Tice.
    That's whay some of us have been saying for months. He had quite a staff to fill with a very limited budget.

As I recall, Tice & his entire staffs salary combined is less than what one HC makes alone in 8 of the 32 NFL teams.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

If he makes the playoffs, even as a WC he stays. Going from 2-5 to that, is impressive. I think next season we need to hire a new O.Coordinator, and put Loney back at line coach. Keep Cottrell and Tice.

Tice has been criticized, and he's still a very young coach. Sure, he's made several mistakes, but now it appears as though, he has learned from them, and he is still learning. If he can lead the Vikings into the playoffs this year, there's no way they can get rid of him, and risk taking a huge step backwards.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Keep Tice even if we don't make the playoffs.

Dump Loney, and possibly Cotrell, and bring in some GOOD coordinators for Tice to work with. Once Tice has those co's they can look at which position coaches stay and which are sent packing.

Rusty Tillman and his staff are solid, and we need to keep them together.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

If all the teams in the NFL had the mentality that if their team doesn't win the division they should fire the HC, then every single year 24 HC's would be looking for work.

Just food for thought!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I think we keep Tice even if we don't win the division. I like that guy. But if we do win the division I think he is defanently going to stay around.

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

i dont mind him staying...they guy is funny in a meat-head kinda way...always tells ya what hes thinking...and who knows..ive heard rumors that linehan is on the outs with saben in miami...put those 2 back together with a new D-coach and im cool with it...

peace...
    peace...

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

It is kind of nice having a coach that reminds you of a player.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I said it early on Ziggy is going to keep Tice. Tice will have his job for at least another year.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast