Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

If the Vikes win the division - do you keep Tice?

I say yes.....the guy just grows on you. I know others will differ. But at least for a football coach he has a little compassion - I think thats why the guys have not given up on him and (part of the reason) have won the last three games.

I think given an actual "coaching budget" - Looney Tunes can return back to the line and a legitimate o-cord can be brought in. As far as Cotrell.....I'm not sold on him especially after the start of this season....but he seems to have stepped it up or maybe its been the players. Its hard to say this day in age.

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: If the Vikes win the division - do you keep Tice?

This is a touchy subject. I know Mike has a lot of passion for the game and his players, but sometimes thats just not enough. I think he has to make the playoffs and atleast get to the 2nd round.

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

if we win divsion we kmeep him but definatly get rid of looney that guy is horrible
    our only sure-handed receiver

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

It can't happen unless we pay Tice more. a lot more. As we all know Tice is the lowest paid coach in the league. Therefore we cannot bring in top shelf offensive or def coordinater as they can make more anywhere else. They wont pay assistant coaches more than the head coach, so unless you have a higher salary at the HC position we will never see a big time coordinator come back here. So give him a raise or let him go. and I don't see Tice getting a raise.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I think Tice should stay, win or loose. Cotrell & Loney can go bye-bye along with most of the rest of their staff.

That's been my opinion & still is!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

If you think about it Sherman has saved his ass in green bay the past few years after coming back from 1-4 records to win the Division. I like Tice more and more each week and as sad as it sounds I would love to have him as HC another year if he somehow pulls a playoff berth out of his @$$. However Cotrell and Looney are gone after this year regardless. Rusty can stay but most of the coordinators and assistants need to go. When you fire a head coach it usually means that you are rebuilding. Thats not what I want at all.

Sherman should not be fired.....can't blame him for the injuries. Of course I hate the Pack, but Sherman is not to blame there - he has done a pretty good job all considering.

Looney is gone....cotrell....well, the jury is still out. Rusty has done a nice job.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I think we will keep him no matter what; like Sing said.

I do not know what it is about him, but I really like him as a coach and think he can do well.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I have been, and still am, a Tice fan from the interim days. My opinion is completely biased. I of course think we should keep him. Going from where we were, to where we are is a good job of coaching (this year).

He came into the league massively underpaid, poorly staffed/understaffed, inexperienced, etc. His job has been on the line since he took it. It was on the line two years ago, last year, and again this year. Those are some very, very tough circumstances to come into. If that was my job, I really don't think I could take it.

I am hoping that we give him a half decent contract, evaluate Cottrell ( just like everyone wanted Tilman's head the last few years....hmmm, he may just have it coming together) move Looney back to line coach, hire a well deserved high dollor OC. And kick some butt next year. Perhaps a GM...but, man, the personnel, both draft and FA guys, are doing a TREMENDOUS job.

How ever it turns out, I wish Tice the best. He has been a ton of fun for the last few years, and I think he has turned to corner. He has won us a number of games this year, and will only get better.

I agree - Tice has grown almost as much as Daunte has over the years. Plus he looks like a Minnesota guy!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast