Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

If Vikes move from MN will you still be a fan

I would probably become a Giants fan being that I am from NY. Even though I live in Denver now I will never be a Denver Donkeys fan or for that matter any AFC team.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

And no thanks Los... I will never be converted to that low level!!
    TNT...you especially! I already have your Favre jersey ordered. Would you like that in green or white?

If you want, I can get it in the alternate gold color, so it can sort of feel like a Viking jersey.

I'm only doing this because I care about you guys. :thumbright:
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I, your official Packer Ambassador, want to assure that if/when the Vikings move to LA, I will be your official liason in the process of becoming a Packer fan.

Everyone, except of course, GoPackGo/GoVikesGo. You already had your chance. Go become a Washington Nationals fan.

The process will begin with several tours of the Packer Hall of Fame, starting with the 20 minutes, $10 per person admission, then to the 1 hour, $20 per person admission (being a Packer fan isn't cheap).

The hardest, of course, will be the transition to Miller products, and hardest of all, the psychological revamping to find Budweiser commercials begrudgingly good, but still hating them nonetheless.

Finally, we shall take you to Kiln, Mississippi for a full tour of Brett Favre's hometown, after which you won't be able to watch him without pulling for the hillbilly quarterback who can not only walk on water, but pick up a baseball with his toes.

I am already preparing the Red McCombs dartboards for you. I hope the transition is easy for all of you. It is my honor to bring you back over to the good side of the Force.

ukeright: ukeright: ukeright: ukeright: ukeright: ukeright: ukeright: ukeright:
    and in case there is ANY CONFUSION ukeright: ukeright: ukeright: ukeright: ukeright: ukeright:
    it would absolutely terrible if the vikes move. but i am like purplehorn, no way they are going to move. build a new stadium.....and hurry

lifelongvike is offline Training Camp

Not sure if I would continue to be a fan if they move, I may just go with my second choice which is whoever is playing the Slackers

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

No I would not be a fan at all, no football for me. I grew up watching the MN Vikings, I plan to die watching the MN Vikings. Not the LA Viks or somewhere else. I would think that those of us from MN would feel this way!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    yeah ....I would remain a fan..... but the second Minnesota got a new team they would be my favourie and hopefully they could keep the Vikings name
    Amen to that

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

sign me up los, if the vikes left i would turn to the pack. Ok not really, not a chance in hell but other than that i would still be a vikes fan, i would probably move on to another team or wait for our next team. Hate me if you all want but i dont hate the pack or Favre, i just hate the media loving, nay humping of Favres leg and his team and their fans.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

If Red moves the Vikes (In 6-8 years or so I think he actually can), I will stop being a Viking fan...immediately. I will toss 38 years of hard-core fandome - living behind enemy lines (In Wisconsin) - into the trash can. I was a North Stars fan until they moved...I'm now making my way back to the Wild by way of St. Louis.

The Viking name should stay, however, as it wouldn't be appropriate anywhere else (The L.A. Vikings?!?!?!? No friggin' way!!).

Once Minnesota got a new franchise - provided it was the Vikings (renamed of course) - I would be a fan of them.

In the meantime, I would likely leave for the AFC and follow Jacksonville...only because Del Rio was a favorite player of mine when he was a Viking.

I wouldn't become a Packers/Bears/Lions fan at gun point. No disrespect intended to the teams or their fans, but I've rooted against you for too long to ever consider crossing over (Or cross dressing...or whatever it is that you do). The only time I ever wore the hideous "Green & Gold" was when I was honoring a lost bet (Yup..the lost in the Metrodome last year cost me BIG!! Packer jersey, high-n-tight with the Packer logo on my melon - as a temp tatoo, not shaved in)..it took me weeks to feel "clean" again (I've got the same stakes riding on this years Metrodome game as well because I have FAITH in my team...GO VIKES!!!).

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    The only time I ever wore the hideous "Green & Gold" was when I was honoring a lost bet (Yup..the lost in the Metrodome last year cost me BIG!! Packer jersey, high-n-tight with the Packer logo on my melon - as a temp tatoo, not shaved in)..it took me weeks to feel "clean" again (I've got the same stakes riding on this years Metrodome game as well because I have FAITH in my team...GO VIKES!!!).

Caine
    (exerpted from longer post)

You are one loyal (and brave) fan, dude! :salute: I am sure that your opposing bettor will feel just as bad when he has to wear the Viking colors come Christmas Eve...post pics when it happens!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    The only time I ever wore the hideous "Green & Gold" was when I was honoring a lost bet (Yup..the lost in the Metrodome last year cost me BIG!! Packer jersey, high-n-tight with the Packer logo on my melon - as a temp tatoo, not shaved in)..it took me weeks to feel "clean" again (I've got the same stakes riding on this years Metrodome game as well because I have FAITH in my team...GO VIKES!!!).

Caine
    (exerpted from longer post)

You are one loyal (and brave) fan, dude! :salute: I am sure that your opposing bettor will feel just as bad when he has to wear the Viking colors come Christmas Eve...post pics when it happens!
    Believe me, I would love nothing more...but there is an unfortunate caveat. I'll quickly run through the cycle of events.

After losing to GB (By way of the Officials) in Lambeau 2 years ago, then getting bumped out of play-off contention by Arizona (And Denver sitting 9 starters - jerks!!), Minnesota was obviously unhappy with Green Bay. When GB became the first game of the season, I knew it was a lock - even in Lambeau.

Of course, as they are known to do, all of the Packer Fans I know argued that there was no way we'd win in Lambaeu...and out came the boasts. One gentleman - my opponent in this ongoing bet - wanted to bet on the outcome, I believe $50. I replied, "I don't want your money...I want your PRIDE".

The Terms: The Loser wears the colors of the Winner's team for an entire 10-hour shift (we work together), gets a shaved head and paints the opposing logo on it.

He backed out IMMEDIATELY. I said, "What's the matter? No faith in your team?". Still, no dice. Suddenly, everyone else who works in that area - all of whom had been listening and many of whom were Packer fans - started harrassing my Opponent saying he was a fair weather fan and questioning his commitment to his team. I - the lone Viking fan - stood firm. He - a packer fan among Packer fans - began to sweat.

Finally, he agreed to take the bet provided we reduce the loss of hair to a high-n-tight. I agreed ONLY if the game in the Metrodome was added to the bet (I originally didn't ask for that to be included thinking that game was also a lock). We now had a bet.

3 weeks prior to opening day, my Opponent informed me that he would be out of town the week of the firt game. After much crying and whimpering (on his part) I agreed to reduce the first game to a $5 bet, but the Metrodome game stayed "As Is". He was resigned to having to humiliate himself, but had no choice.

Of course, we know what happened. We won the first - as I'd predicted - but lost the second...WHO KNEW?!?!?!? I was caught in my own cleverness. But, being a person of great integrity, I fulfilled the terms of the bet completely and fully....much to the delight of the hoard of Packer fans I work with (I wore my REAL colors the next day...loyal to the bitter end).

The bet has since mutated. The final pay-off only happens in the event of a sweep, with $5 riding on individual games (A token exchange). So I was less than thrilled to lose the way we did in Lambeau as you can well imagine. My Opponent, of course, is much relieved since he is assured of another year without complete humiliation, while I am on the bubble (I'm not worried).

I find it interesting to note that no other Packer fans are even remotely willing to place their "Pride" on the line. Each time they start to talk smack, I simply offer them similar terms..."Care to bet your hair on it?". Each time, they recoil in fear and begin to mumble something about "Not a real bet"...I laugh and move on.

If we can get a sweep next year, I will OF COURSE post pix of the event. Several other non-Packer fans and I are planning to have shirts made of the "Humiliation" as well. The "Super Fan" shirts will be made when I have the pic to put on it (Gotta wait another year - dammit!!).

So, if any of you are - like me - trapped behind enemy lines - bet them their hair and colors. They'll shut up and slink away in short order.

Caine

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast