Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

If Vikes move from MN will you still be a fan

yeah ....I would remain a fan..... but the second Minnesota got a new team they would be my favourie and hopefully they could keep the Vikings name

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    yeah ....I would remain a fan..... but the second Minnesota got a new team they would be my favourie and hopefully they could keep the Vikings name
    There-in lies the rub.....
    Much like Cleveland did with the Browns when the team moved to Baltimore, the city kept it's name, colors, records, and history.
    I don't know of any Cleveland area residents that are Ravens fans. In fact, they hate the Ravens more than the Steelers because they (Ravens) won the superbowl and were once the Browns just several years removed.

The same may happen in Minnesota if, and as it stands now, there is no if, this is just plain conjecture, if the team moved and a new team was issued to Minnesota, the new team would be the Vikings and the home crowd would cheer for them.
    Fans outside the local area such as me, (Youngstown, Ohio) would still be loyal to the old Vikings and yet would want to cheer and support the new team as well.

I don't think the NFL wants to go through this type of mess anymore.

Vikes will stay.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

Minnesota Wild>>>>>> Dallas Stars. Hope that answers your question. Incase you missed the point. HELL NO!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"duffVIkEs" wrote:
    COME TO LAAAA! i could auctually go to a game that isnt against the chargers which happens like once every five years.
    Yeah, but then all the games would be blacked out in LA, because they would never sell out the games in time...I used to live in SoCal so I know how fickle the fan base can be. Plus you would get all of the crappy games when an LA team was not playing...as of right now, you usually get the best games without preemption by a local team. Be careful of what you wish for!

I also hate the Dallas Stars and it still pisses me off that they left and then won a Stanley Cup...total ripoff of the Minnesota fans...and for a flaky city like Dallas, no less (yeah, I lived there too, so don't doubt me).

The Vikings belong in Minnesota and the legislature had better do what it takes to keep them there or they will/should all be voted out of office!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I, your official Packer Ambassador, want to assure that if/when the Vikings move to LA, I will be your official liason in the process of becoming a Packer fan.

Everyone, except of course, GoPackGo/GoVikesGo. You already had your chance. Go become a Washington Nationals fan.

The process will begin with several tours of the Packer Hall of Fame, starting with the 20 minutes, $10 per person admission, then to the 1 hour, $20 per person admission (being a Packer fan isn't cheap).

The hardest, of course, will be the transition to Miller products, and hardest of all, the psychological revamping to find Budweiser commercials begrudgingly good, but still hating them nonetheless.

Finally, we shall take you to Kiln, Mississippi for a full tour of Brett Favre's hometown, after which you won't be able to watch him without pulling for the hillbilly quarterback who can not only walk on water, but pick up a baseball with his toes.

I am already preparing the Red McCombs dartboards for you. I hope the transition is easy for all of you. It is my honor to bring you back over to the good side of the Force.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

I don't know what I would do. It just wouldn't be the same with them not being in Minnesota.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey, bring the Vikes to Arizona! They are looking for a pro football team! I don't think I could follow the team to another city. It just wouldn't be the same.

Peace through superior firepower!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I can honestly say I would no longer be a fan. I'd still love the players, but being that I was born and raised in MN it would feel disloyal to my homerness to cheer for a team that was no longer a part of the state.

And no thanks Los... I will never be converted to that low level!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: If Vikes move from MN will you still be a fan

"RK" wrote:
    Just curious how many would still be a fan if it were the LA Vikings or something like that. I have been a Viking fan since the 60's even though I don't live in MN. I did live in the Twin Cities for about a year in 1969 but that was it. I guess I am asking are you a fan of the team or just a fan because the Vikes are your local state team?
    If they do move I hope its to LA then I could drive every weekend and watch them play. Yes I would stay a fan until Minnesota got a new team.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I, your official Packer Ambassador, want to assure that if/when the Vikings move to LA, I will be your official liason in the process of becoming a Packer fan.

Everyone, except of course, GoPackGo/GoVikesGo. You already had your chance. Go become a Washington Nationals fan.

The process will begin with several tours of the Packer Hall of Fame, starting with the 20 minutes, $10 per person admission, then to the 1 hour, $20 per person admission (being a Packer fan isn't cheap).

The hardest, of course, will be the transition to Miller products, and hardest of all, the psychological revamping to find Budweiser commercials begrudgingly good, but still hating them nonetheless.

Finally, we shall take you to Kiln, Mississippi for a full tour of Brett Favre's hometown, after which you won't be able to watch him without pulling for the hillbilly quarterback who can not only walk on water, but pick up a baseball with his toes.

I am already preparing the Red McCombs dartboards for you. I hope the transition is easy for all of you. It is my honor to bring you back over to the good side of the Force.
    haha thats actually funny!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast