Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: If The Vikes Ever Played Aroad

As a Brit then I suppose I should say yeah great to games in the UK or Europe. However as a Viking fan I'd have to say no - regular season games should stay in the US. The only games that should be played outside the US are pre-season, exhibition or maybe even the Pro Bowl but only those.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    As a Brit then I suppose I should say yeah great to games in the UK or Europe. However as a Viking fan I'd have to say no - regular season games should stay in the US. The only games that should be played outside the US are pre-season, exhibition or maybe even the Pro Bowl but only those.

I agree

Unless every team played 1 or 2 games outside of the US

I think that would be fair

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"SKOL" wrote:
    I would be in favor of it if it was a road game but not a home game.

The NFL should do it a little different though, such as working it out where 4 teams would have two consecutive games in Europe, followed by a bye.
    For instance 4 teams travel to Europe for the same two week stretch.
    There would be 4 games total played, two on one Sunday and two on the next.
    Each team would play a different team each week, one would be considered "home" and one would be "away".
    This way the scheduling would be fair.

It would go something like:

Week 1

Week 2
    Vikes

Game 1 - Home

Game 3 - Away
    Pack

Game 1 - Away

Game 4 - Home
    Lions

Game 2 - Home

Game 4 - Away
    Bears

Game 2 - Away

Game 3 - Home

As a season ticket holder I wouldn't mind losing a home game as long as one of our away games was at a neutral venue.

The obvious reason for the bye afterward would be jet lag.
    Very impressive.
    That would/could work I think.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Personally, I have mixed feelings but most of me wouldn't support it.
    I mean no disrespect to anyone and I don't even live in the state of Minnesota.
    I look at it economically in that the state of MN that is located in the USA would be sacrificing the revenue pulled in from a game and giving it to another country.
    Sorry to be like that but I am an American first.
    This isn't meant to be to discriminitory.
    It's just my feelings.

On the other hand, if it did happen I would love to take a vacation and go see it wherever it may be.
    Obviously very few are concerned over that aspect my freind or they would build them a stadium.

(Sorry couldn't resist that little barb
    ;D)
    That's it Marrdro.
    We are through!!!!!

;D
    I thought you lived in another state.
    The barb was directed at the MN taxpayers, voters and thier elected officials.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    I look at it economically in that the state of MN that is located in the USA would be sacrificing the revenue pulled in from a game and giving it to another country.
    It's just my feelings.

On the other hand, if it did happen I would love to take a vacation and go see it wherever it may be.
    Obviously very few are concerned over that aspect my freind or they would build them a stadium.

;D)
    That's it Marrdro.
    We are through!!!!!

;D
    ;D
    I do.
    I live in Florida but I look at it as a US thing.
    You quoted me so I answered ya.
    :P :P

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    It's just my feelings.

;D)
    That's it Marrdro.
    We are through!!!!!

;D
    ;D
    First to mar, I just lost a lot of respect for you. One billion for a stadium divided by 30 year life of the stadium, divided by 10 games a year is 3.33 million per game. or $56 per seat. That would mean to just break even based on sales taxes(6.5%) the average for all 60,000 fans to spend would have to increase by $861 per game. This does not even account for the interest that we would pay on the bonds. (sorry for derailing the thread.)

I like the idea of playing outside the US. It will increase the fan base around the world, which will lead to more talented players and a better game in general. I do feel that it would have to be done in a way that is fair to all teams, I think the league recognizes this and have always done a great job to assure fair competition. I think it would be cool to see a superbowl played in another country, this wouldn't hurt either team since there is no "home" team.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

jmcdon, I just lost a little respect for you
    ;D .
    I believe all players are required to pay Minnesota income tax.
    That should also be a significant consideration.
    What if Minnesota lost the team?
    The loss in tax revenue would be astronomical.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Games in foriegn countries worry me. Some crazy a#@hole would explode himself in the crowd. No doubt. Not worth the risk.
    Tuco the world.....

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    It's just my feelings.

;D)
    That's it Marrdro.
    We are through!!!!!

;D
    ;D
    First to mar, I just lost a lot of respect for you. One billion for a stadium divided by 30 year life of the stadium, divided by 10 games a year is 3.33 million per game. or $56 per seat. That would mean to just break even based on sales taxes(6.5%) the average for all 60,000 fans to spend would have to increase by $861 per game. This does not even account for the interest that we would pay on the bonds. (sorry for derailing the thread.)

I like the idea of playing outside the US. It will increase the fan base around the world, which will lead to more talented players and a better game in general. I do feel that it would have to be done in a way that is fair to all teams, I think the league recognizes this and have always done a great job to assure fair competition. I think it would be cool to see a superbowl played in another country, this wouldn't hurt either team since there is no "home" team.
    So you are okay with giving the revenues of a superbowl to another country?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Games in foriegn countries worry me. Some crazy a#@hole would explode himself in the crowd. No doubt. Not worth the risk.
    yep thats wise.. whenever sensible reasons can't be found then go for the cranky option... please there are actually places outside the US where the locals don't spend there time blowing up tourists and visiting football teams.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast