Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: If Twins playoff date conflicts with Vikings-Packers, game to be played in GB?

They can still make it.
    I would say no if they didn't play Det 6 more games before the end of the season.

Making it out of the first round..... that is where they would have
    a tough time.

This is more than likely a non issue all the way around.

How can the NFL move a Monday night game?
    There is so much advertisement that has already committed to that date and that forum.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: If Twins playoff date conflicts with Vikings-Packers, game to be played in G

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Playoffs??? The Sound Byte

No way in hell the twins are in the playoffs this year
    No way in hell? I suggest you take a look at the standings and the twins schedule the rest of the season.
    They finish with only teams in the division, including a big series IN detroit.
    I did look. Then I looked at every other mini streak they went on this season and factored in the loss of Mournie and came to the conclusion. Your opinion may differ and that is fine.

BTW

I have been a member of the KISS army for 33 years ;D

Re: If Twins playoff date conflicts with Vikings-Packers, game to be played in GB?

"Vikes" wrote:
    IMO Vikes play at the new Gophers stadium problem solved.
    Problem: 64k capacity vs. 50k.
    Problem: No alcohol sales at TCF, they'd have to bring in beer carts.
    Problem: Getting refunds for the 15k that won't get in to see it.
    Problem: Not enough parking for the amount of cars.
    Problem: No light rail service to TCF, for the non vehicle drivers.

Solution: Make the twins game early around noon. Push the vikings game back an hour to 8 ct.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes" wrote:

Solution: Make the twins game early around noon. Push the vikings game back an hour to 8 ct.
    How many fans would simply "hang out" in the dome bathroom stalls & await the Vikings game so they wouldn't have to buy a ticket & sit in one of the open seats?
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: If Twins playoff date conflicts with Vikings-Packers, game to be played in G

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

No way in hell? I suggest you take a look at the standings and the twins schedule the rest of the season.
    I did look. Then I looked at every other mini streak they went on this season and factored in the loss of Mournie and came to the conclusion. Your opinion may differ and that is fine.

BTW

While morneau is a good player, he's not exactly pujols or manny. Have you seen what he's done the last week or so. No? me either, because it wasn't much. Mauer is more important then morneau at the point. IF they don't make the playoffs, it's not because morneau was out for the season.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:

How many fans would simply "hang out" in the dome bathroom stalls & await the Vikings game so they wouldn't have to buy a ticket & sit in one of the open seats?
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

That would be messed up to move the Vikings game. People have already bought tickets and out of towners have booked hotels/flights. Many people made the decision to buy tickets to the game based on the date, many people who bought tickets might not be able to go if it is moved. Nobody has bought tickets for the Twins game that may or may not happen- move that.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:

No one. Both games would likely be sold out. Up until this season, gophers/twins would have doubleheaders in the dome frequently in the fall.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

BTW

While morneau is a good player, he's not exactly pujols or manny. Have you seen what he's done the last week or so. No? me either, because it wasn't much. Mauer is more important then morneau at the point. IF they don't make the playoffs, it's not because morneau was out for the season.
    You are right. He was only the AL MVP for 2006 and was an all star the past few seasons. On a roster as deep with talent as the Twins they will never know he was gone.

So you think he hasn't done much in the past week? That wouldn't have anything to do with the stress fracture in his back would it?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:
    That would be messed up to move the Vikings game. People have already bought tickets and out of towners have booked hotels/flights. Many people made the decision to buy tickets to the game based on the date, many people who bought tickets might not be able to go if it is moved. Nobody has bought tickets for the Twins game that may or may not happen- move that.

In todays world, that is way to easy and makes way to much sense happy camper.
    ;D

Someone, somehow, will find a way to screw it up for thousands, if it comes down to actaully happening....
    :

For me, I hope not.
    I have train and plane tickets in order, and a nice comfortable couch waiting for me at Singers....LOL

;D

Not to mention, I'm bringing the best Kielbasa and best blood sausage made in the world with me, for the PPO Grills to cook up.
    My chili won the hearts of many in Baltimore, but now comes the Meat !
    hahahahaha

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast