Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If Tice can't get the job done, who should be the next coach

I am a long time Viking fan that came pretty close to losing the faith during the "Dennis Green Era". When the Vikings picked Tice I was, well, perplexed. Mike Tice is the best man for the job? I hope I am wrong, but so far, the Vikings have been mediocre at best. They make it to the playoffs and then make a quick and embarrasing exit. Dennis Green did that for years.

So who is the coach that can take the Vikings to the Super Bowl AND win the Super Bowl? Another "Super Bowl Appearance" will finally do me in and I will have to endure decades more of taunting from Bear and Ram fans because "at least our teams can win the Super Bowl".

Tice is the best?

Vikefan79 is offline Training Camp

Re: If Tice can't get the job done, who should be the next coach

I would love to have an old assistant come back and be our coach. Dungy/Kiffin/Billick..anyone of these would be great although it will probably never happen. I'm not sold on Tice myself either....We have had too much talent since he has been here not to do better than we have. Cottrel has alot to prove to us still imo..We dont have a top defense yet but it does look like this may be the start....most of our top defensive players are locked up for the next few years with us. I think we will be a much better team next year than we are this year.....I just wonder who will be coaching that team.

vikesls is offline Rookie

If Tice IS back next year it will be because we made the playoffs, and probably went at least to the NFC champ game, otherwise I would think he's gone. He's had the time, the tallent, and Wilf sure has backed the D changes/additions this year. There is no reason to not do well 'cept for poor coaching.

If a change is made it would probably happen post season and depending on who's available then. I'd sure like to see Dungy run the team, but my thought on the best coach in the NFL would be Parcell's. It seems like every team he coaches responds to his methods.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: If Tice can't get the job done, who should be the next c

whats strange is in the history on the MN Vikings, we have had only 6 head coaches (I think it is 6). We usually seem to be pretty loyal to our coaches and the only one I remember us really dumping on was Les. He had a worse record then Tice and I think he made it 5 years as head coach.

Denny would still be coach if he didnt start saying that he wanted to buy the vikings and move them to LA. I just hope that we find a coach and stick to him for a while, I dont like having a revolving door at coach.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i think parcells has said that his last job would be with the Cowboys, which really sucks but i really couldn't see him here. i heard a couple of rumblins about maybe Jimmy Johnson coming here to Minnesota since moss left, i heard he has been intrigued in coaching the vikings but would never coach moss. so if Tice falls through, i'd like J.J to come in and show us the winning way.

Thanks Josdin

Del Rio Guest

Dungy is not going anywhere the Colts just hooked him up.

There are a couple guys out there that I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Steve Spurrier!

Prophet Guest

Grab Del Rio from PPO, I heard he'll work on the cheap and get the job done.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Prophet" wrote:
    Grab Del Rio from PPO, I heard he'll work on the cheap and get the job done.
    Just give him some good earplugs.

If some fan was razzing him, I could see him in the stands beating the pooh outta some troll. He is still under contract as the Troll Enforcer here, so he would have to fulfill his duties there too!

Del Rio Guest

I can't get my HS Qb to stop throwing INT's how am i supposed to get Daunte to LMAO!

* he did only throw one this week he is getting a bit better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast