Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

If there was another NFL draft tomorrow

Which position do you think the Vikes should fill with the first round pick? I would think LB to add more depth. What's your take?
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think thats a good question Big C, a tough question. We have decent depth at O-Line, I think Shaw has played pretty da gon good, but he's is up there in age. If it was tommarow i would have to go with CB just to start developing a really solid nickle CB and get some more depth.

Next year Irvin will be back, we may resign shaw so i think we will go LB first round next year. But so much can change in a few months.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

EIther a cb or lber. we need depth and more skill at that position. THen maybe in the third round pickup a wide out to improve an already excellent wide receving core.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Jarhead is offline Rookie

I think OG. We need someone to replace Dixon. He's is pretty old, Liewenski isn't much younger. Goldberg and Haayer aren't starter material.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Another DT to add more pressure on the opposing QBs...this will in turn enhance the play of our current young LBs and our DBs...it all starts up front. Less time to throw means that our LBs can't get beat underneath and our DBs can't get beat deep!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I say pick the best player available that isn't a QB or RB. Our biggest needs are obviously OG, LB, and DB. It is a little early to tell.

Maybe we can get Derrick Johnson from Texas

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Need some serious pressure on the QB.

Lions and Atlanta win games by pressure by their Linemen. If it wasn't for the sacks and Pressure form their line they wouldn't have as many wins.

It helps a lot.

DBs I think are good. If an NFL QB has the time, he will pick the best DBs apart. Need Pressure.

I wouldn't waste a 1 or 2 or 3 pick on a kicker but we need a Elam type kicker to keep as our own special kicker for as long as he is in football. Hard to find, crap shoot, not worth a wasted draft pick.

Jarhead is offline Rookie

I'd spend a 3 pick on a Nick Kaeding (it's working for the Chargers) or Mike Nugent (Ohio State).
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

Big C is offline Coordinator

Being new to football (following it only since 98) I keep forgetting what an important part age plays. I mean I can't believe Moss is in his 7th year!!! It never occured to me that some of our positions on the line are older players and that they can retire in a season very soon. Never thought of that angle.

So far I think it's unanimous that we go on D for the 1st and maybe 2nd rounds and take the best player available approach even for a kickass kicker. Makes sense!
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

"Big C" wrote:
    Being new to football (following it only since 98) I keep forgetting what an important part age plays. I mean I can't believe Moss is in his 7th year!!! It never occured to me that some of our positions on the line are older players and that they can retire in a season very soon. Never thought of that angle.

So far I think it's unanimous that we go on D for the 1st and maybe 2nd rounds and take the best player available approach even for a kickass kicker. Makes sense!
    Same here Big C. Every tie I think of Moss being in his 7th year I have to recheck my thinking, and count them up. It's pretty crazy.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast