Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If the team sells

I think there will be lots of new faces if we get new owners. Even though we made the playoffs and beat the pack an 8/8 record isn't exactly job security in the NFL.

WWBGD

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

If the team sells

Good question!! I have no clue what direction the new owners would want to go! I personally would hope they keep Tice and let him figure something out for at least another year!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.

If the team sells

I have been thinking about it and I think that Linehan leaving may actually weaken Tices chance of staying on.

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

If the team sells

We don't really have a GM do we? we have a President in Woods, do he fulfill the GM stuff or does Tice do it?

RK.

If the team sells

No we don't have anyone called a general manager. Maybe Red sort of functions as that. I don't know. Maybe they split up a general managers duties between Tice, Red and Woods. I think I did read somewhere that we have the smallest front office in the NFL, or close to it.

Viking Front Office

WWBGD

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

If the team sells

"RK" wrote:
    I have been thinking about it and I think that Linehan leaving may actually weaken Tices chance of staying on.
    Why do you think Linehan leaving changes things with Tice?

I would hate to see wholesale changes. With Linehan gone Tice would serve a role in making sure things don't change drastically on the offensive side.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

RK.

If the team sells

I was thinking that Tice would be the one to hire an OC. And it probably won't happen if Red is in negotiating a sale. So if you bought the team and maybe you weren't sure if Tice should stay on the fact that you need a new OC anyway might make it easier to let Tice go. Also the fact that Linehan split so quickly isn't exactly a vote of confidence in the coach. He didn't say " I really want to stay with the Vikes because I think we can take them all the way next year". And if you are looking for a new OC do you want Tice making the choice? He would look for someone that agreed with his coaching strategy and I guess you have to ask how effective that is. I don't know I guess I just feel that if the whole coaching staff were intact for next year it would have a better chance of surviving the sale of the team. IMO

WWBGD

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

If the team sells

"RK" wrote:
    I was thinking that Tice would be the one to hire an OC. And it probably won't happen if Red is in negotiating a sale. So if you bought the team and maybe you weren't sure if Tice should stay on the fact that you need a new OC anyway might make it easier to let Tice go. Also the fact that Linehan split so quickly isn't exactly a vote of confidence in the coach. He didn't say " I really want to stay with the Vikes because I think we can take them all the way next year". And if you are looking for a new OC do you want Tice making the choice? He would look for someone that agreed with his coaching strategy and I guess you have to ask how effective that is. I don't know I guess I just feel that if the whole coaching staff were intact for next year it would have a better chance of surviving the sale of the team. IMO
    Tillman is probably the ecstatic one.

Everyone(coaches) that can leave probably wants to cause they will have the opportunity to get paid more somewhere else and the turmoil of changing owners makes it risky being a coach in Minnesota.

Del Rio Guest

If the team sells

Who ever is in desperate need of a coach bad enough to pay Tice to come coach them is hurting big time.

I would think things would pretty much stay the same at least for one year. But maybe all this time the bidders have had to think about the state of the team has given them some ideas on changes I guess.

Interesting topic none the less.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

If the team sells

Depends on when the team would sell, if it is in the next few weeks then they could change the coaching staff and have a chance to find somebody.

If it is a few months before a deal was done then they would keep them for at least the next year.

I would like to see what Tice could do if they were allowed to spend up to the cap and get some more talent and a full coaching staff. We have about 5 fewer coaches than most teams.

And we need to get a football guy in the front office for the GM position, somebody to oversee player acquisition.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast