Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

IF Tarvaris Struggles...

If he wins the starting job and struggles, do you think that B. Bollinger will start in his place? The reason I ask: If other young Qbs struggle (Cutler) they will not lose their job b/c their mistakes will be percieved as growing pains.
    If TJ struggles, mainly
    Vikings fans say, let his ass sit the bench. Why do some have "growing pains" and others have "no talent" ???

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Re: IF Tarvaris Struggles...

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    If he wins the starting job and struggles, do you think that B. Bollinger will start in his place? The reason I ask: If other young Qbs struggle (Cutler) they will not lose their job b/c their mistakes will be percieved as growing pains.
    If TJ struggles, mainly
    Vikings fans say, let his ass sit the bench. Why do some have "growing pains" and others have "no talent" ???
    If Tavaris struggles...

...Childress won't pay any attention to whether the fans say, "let his ass sit on the bench," or whether they call it growing pains. He'll make his own evaluations.

P.S. Are the elipses really necessary?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Let him struggle through his problems through the whole season...that way, if he doesn't solve the problems by the end of the season, then we will know that we need to draft Brian Brohm.
    If he solves the problems, we have our QB of the future!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    If TJ struggles, mainly
    Vikings fans say, let his jiggly butt sit the bench. Why do some have "growing pains" and others have "no talent" ???
    I dont think he he will sit on the bench, childress belives this guy have what it takes to become a great QB. However if he really struggles and we cant even win games because hes that bad I think Bollinger will get a chance to come in maybe week 13?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Let him struggle through his problems through the whole season...that way, if he doesn't solve the problems by the end of the season, then we will know that we need to draft Brian Brohm.
    If he solves the problems, we have our QB of th
    future!
    I agree.. we have to give him the entire season. It's the only way to know if he can handle the big lights

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

If our backup is Bollinger (I pray to God it's not) then Travaris needs to play all year no matter what. Stap up guys, we could be in for a roller coaster ride of a season.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

There isn't a rational person alive that thinks he's groomed and ready.
    Assuming he gets the nod to start he will inevitably have growing pains.
    He has one year under his belt with a couple reps coming from a small school.
    I'm expecting a rollercoaster ride this season in the QB position if he starts.
    I'm hoping he learns quickly in the school-of-hard-knocks and is playing reasonably well by midseason.
    I wish we would get some updates from the coaching staff and Tarvaris regarding his readiness.
    Last year Tarvaris himself said he wasn't ready when he went in after Bollinger got hurt, but he said he would do his best.
    It will be fun to watch him develop.

The whole 'growing pains' versus 'no talent' is contrived by media hacks and fans based on some subjective timeline thrown into the mix.
    I would equate growing pains to showing signs of improvement, but being sporadic with the sporadacity declining as the season/career advances.
    No talent is a bad label because even an NFL hack like Ryan Leaf was relatively better than his peers at the collegiate level.
    Can they make the transition?
    Time will tell.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

As long as we don't get shut out in any game and we win at least 5 or 6 games I'll be fine with him struggling as long as he is progressing.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"The" wrote:

Was this?

[color=red]

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "The" wrote:

Was this?