Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: If Tarvaris Jackson can't go as Vikings QB, whose turn is it? - Poll

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    We already know that two of our Quarterbacks have been ineffective and we know our line is bad. If Holcolm plays and gets pummeled we will then have had Johnson,Jackson,Bollinger and Holcolm all fail due to poor protection and then if nothing is done to address the OL we can then fall back on the wisdom of Einstein and say "Only a fool does the same thing over and over and expects different results". Meaning it will be time to go to a different blocking scheme, different personnel,different position coaches or all three.
    You my friend are wise beyond your years.

I would like to add that maybe it isn't the lineman or the scheme but the teacher.......
    Maybe our OL coach sucks when it comes to teaching.

Fire his assssssss.
    then try to get Randall McDaniel as the OL coach!!!

Thanks josdin00

"singersp" wrote:
    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    There is only one real solution to our QB problems. TJ has all the skills..but is hurt. Kelly H. has all the heart...but is Kelly H. BBoll...should never be on a roster on ANY NFL team anywhere...and is one reason for the "Fire Childress Thread".

Only one solution there is....BEG, BEG and PLEAD Carolina for David Carr.

He is the only one who will fill comfortable behind our O-Line. Will just be oooooh, I know how that goes....I say hut...I am on my back..easy few million a year. Who else could do that?

TJack is mobile....very mobile, so he just dont' get it. Now Carr...well he has been there, done that...so he is obviously the one we need.
    Carr's record at Houston;

2006 6-10-0
    2005 2-14-0
    2004 7-9-0
    2003 5-11-0
    2002 4-12-0

Also in those 5 years, Carr has thrown 65 interceptions!

Yeah but its hard to be productive when your being sacks everyother play and pressured every time. It causes interceptions. Plus average 13 INTs a year isnt terrible. Carr is a good quarterback. Now do we want to beg, beg, beg Carolina for him. No. And he wont leave there any how.

Also everyone should really shut up about Bollinger. Especially the whole keep Thigpen, cut Bollinger thing. That was kind of funny. Bollinger doesnt obviously show starter material but maybe, just maybe thats why hes not starting or not even being the backup. Ever think of that. He isnt that horrid. My god. It is quite annoying.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    There is only one real solution to our QB problems. TJ has all the skills..but is hurt. Kelly H. has all the heart...but is Kelly H. BBoll...should never be on a roster on ANY NFL team anywhere...and is one reason for the "Fire Childress Thread".

Only one solution there is....BEG, BEG and PLEAD Carolina for David Carr.

He is the only one who will fill comfortable behind our O-Line. Will just be oooooh, I know how that goes....I say hut...I am on my back..easy few million a year. Who else could do that?

TJack is mobile....very mobile, so he just dont' get it. Now Carr...well he has been there, done that...so he is obviously the one we need.
    Carr's record at Houston;

2006 6-10-0
    2005 2-14-0
    2004 7-9-0
    2003 5-11-0
    2002 4-12-0

Also in those 5 years, Carr has thrown 65 interceptions!

Yeah but its hard to be productive when your being sacks everyother play and pressured every time. It causes interceptions. Plus average 13 INTs a year isnt terrible. Carr is a good quarterback. Now do we want to beg, beg, beg Carolina for him. No. And he wont leave there any how.

Also everyone should really shut up about Bollinger. Especially the whole keep Thigpen, cut Bollinger thing. That was kind of funny. Bollinger doesnt obviously show starter material but maybe, just maybe thats why hes not starting or not even being the backup. Ever think of that. He isnt that horrid. My god. It is quite annoying.

Yes we have, Thus the Bollinger sux/keep Thigpen threads.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tb04512" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    We already know that two of our Quarterbacks have been ineffective and we know our line is bad. If Holcolm plays and gets pummeled we will then have had Johnson,Jackson,Bollinger and Holcolm all fail due to poor protection and then if nothing is done to address the OL we can then fall back on the wisdom of Einstein and say "Only a fool does the same thing over and over and expects different results". Meaning it will be time to go to a different blocking scheme, different personnel,different position coaches or all three.

I would like to add that maybe it isn't the lineman or the scheme but the teacher.......

Fire his assssssss.
    Very interesting thought my friend.
    I sometimes wonder though if good players can coach.
    Some don't quite ever work out in that role.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Holcomb to start[/size]

September 23rd, 2007 – 10:39 AM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Quarterback Kelly Holcomb will be the Vikings’ starting quarterback today in Kansas City. Tarvaris Jackson, who suffered a groin strain against Detroit last Sunday, is on the inactive list. He is technically considered the Vikings’ No. 3 quarterback.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Fire his assssssss.
    Very interesting thought my friend.

I sometimes wonder though if good players can coach.
    Some don't quite ever work out in that role.

;D
    yeah i know what you mean, but i think its worth the risk, i mean whats the worst that can happen, the oline cant really get much worse.... and he had such good technique, maybe could show them a thing or 2

Thanks josdin00

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456