Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: If Tarvaris Jackson can't go as Vikings QB, whose turn is it? - Poll

"singersp" wrote:
    IMO, Holcomb would be the lesser of the two evils.
    I feel like I'm in a FF draft and nobody told me they were drafting....I showed up late and they gave me these two choices....while they all sat back, laughed, and offered me a warm, flat coors lite to ease the pain.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: If Tarvaris Jackson can't go as Vikings QB, whose turn is it?

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Kinda doubt Tarvaris will be ready, so whomever gets the start just has to NOT make any mistakes. We won't know til the poker cards are laid down Sunday, but I wouldn't be surprised if BB gets the nod just because he has a little better grasp of the 4 and 2 minute offense. We just really have to protect the ball, and not beat ourselves.
    To me it's a no brainer, if, and it's a mighty big IF, Holcomb starts and has a great game and brings home the win, espeicaly if he gets us in the endzone a couple of times. Do we start him against GB also?
    Hell yea, I've always believed in staying with what is working, and if Holcomb plays Sunday and works out fine, you stick with him.
    If he faulters with GB, then you could put TJ back in, if he's healthy.....

As the old saying goes, if it works, why fix it.......
    That is my biggest concern.
    We know that Holcomb has the ability to put up numbers.
    Against KC, he stands a chance to have a good game.
    Does that mean that TJ loses his starting role.

It comes down to whether our short term goal to win games is stronger than our long term goal to win the superbowl.

Holcomb gives us the best chance to win games right now with TJ injured.
    And if he has a good game against KC< then he gives us the best chance to win against GB.
    But I think in the long run TJ will be a better QB than Holcomb.
    I am divided on whether it would be better for TJ to get in the game and get the experience he needs, or for Holcomb to get the starting job if he plays well.

Part of e goes back to last year when we drafted TJ.
    He was supposed to be a two to three year project.
    Maybe next year would be a better tie for him to start.
    I guess I'll wait and see what Holcomb does on Sunday (assuming he is starting - which he better be).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    IMO, Holcomb would be the lesser of the two evils.
    I feel like I'm in a FF draft and nobody told me they were drafting....I showed up late and they gave me these two choices....while they all sat back, laughed, and offered me a warm, flat coors lite to ease the pain.
    I do believe that happened to Sno.
    For some reason he did not get the message that the online draft had been switched, I am not sure, anyway there was a mixup.
    His Picks were automated.
    I know the computer selected Michael Vick for him sometime early in the draft when he was the highest ranking player available.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Holcomb if he is ready.

LongTimer is offline Waterboy

My vote is for Holcomb. He is no super star to be sure but may do well with quick releases and the short game. Not sure what kind of distance he does.......

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Flip a coin. I have a feeling they can both lose us the game as good as the next guy.

However if you put my nuts in a clamp I'll say lets try Holcomb, maybe because I can't remember ever seeing him play.

Bottom line is that I really hope TJack gets ready, as I'm anxious to see how he will cope with getting right back on the field after a tough loss. That is imo what separates the men from the boys, especially at that position.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: If Tarvaris Jackson can't go as Vikings QB, whose turn is it?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Kinda doubt Tarvaris will be ready, so whomever gets the start just has to NOT make any mistakes. We won't know til the poker cards are laid down Sunday, but I wouldn't be surprised if BB gets the nod just because he has a little better grasp of the 4 and 2 minute offense. We just really have to protect the ball, and not beat ourselves.
    To me it's a no brainer, if, and it's a mighty big IF, Holcomb starts and has a great game and brings home the win, espeicaly if he gets us in the endzone a couple of times. Do we start him against GB also?
    Hell yea, I've always believed in staying with what is working, and if Holcomb plays Sunday and works out fine, you stick with him.
    If he faulters with GB, then you could put TJ back in, if he's healthy.....

As the old saying goes, if it works, why fix it.......
    That is my biggest concern.
    We know that Holcomb has the ability to put up numbers.
    Against KC, he stands a chance to have a good game.
    Does that mean that TJ loses his starting role.

It comes down to whether our short term goal to win games is stronger than our long term goal to win the superbowl.

Holcomb gives us the best chance to win games right now with TJ injured.
    And if he has a good game against KC< then he gives us the best chance to win against GB.
    But I think in the long run TJ will be a better QB than Holcomb.
    I am divided on whether it would be better for TJ to get in the game and get the experience he needs, or for Holcomb to get the starting job if he plays well.

Part of e goes back to last year when we drafted TJ.
    He was supposed to be a two to three year project.
    Maybe next year would be a better tie for him to start.
    I guess I'll wait and see what Holcomb does on Sunday (assuming he is starting - which he better be).
    Holcomb at least evens out the QB comparison this week vs. Damon Huard.
    If he can JUST give us consistency (read: limit turnovers and complete the easy passes), we can win this game with our defense and strong running game.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    SO WHAT?
    A win is a win...and I JUST want consistency at the QB spot.
    What is more damaging to a young QB's fragile psyche...getting benched when even you know that you are not ready...or getting thrown to the wolves when you don't have anything to defend yourself with?
    I want TJack to get experience, but this kind of experience might not be good for him in the long run.
    IF we would have had a better QB to turn to this season, TJack might have been given another year to develop anyway...so maybe Holcomb is a good stopgap until TJack can fix the problems that manifested themselves last week.
    I did feel differently earlier in the season and off-season, but weekly repeats of last week's performance could only hurt TJack's development in the long run.
    I still think that he has the physical tools to succeed in the NFL, he just needs to learn that he shouldn't force things when there's nothing there.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

IM not sure what everyone is worried about. TJ wasnt ready to start in the NFL, playing like he has the past 2 games, might actually hurt more then help his confidance. Worst case senario (sp?) Holcolmb starts for the rest of the season and TJ gets a little more time to study the offense. Hopefully Holcolm isnt turnover prone and wont loose games for us.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast