Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    I thought about posting this in help, but it seems to fit here as well.

    Being that I live about 3 hours south of Seattle, I've been thinking for a while now that if the Vikes make the playoffs, and end up playing the Seachickens, I'd like to make the trek up to support our boys at Qworst Stadium.

    Right now, if nothing changes, the schedule would look thus (blatantly stolen from espn):

    NFC
    1. Cowboys (13-2, home-field adv.)
    2. Packers (12-2, first-round bye)
    3. Seahawks (9-5)
    4. Buccaneers (9-5)
    5. Giants (9-5)
    6. Vikings (8-6)

    Wild Card Weekend
    Vikings at Seahawks
    Giants at Buccaneers

    AFC
    1. Patriots (14-0, home-field adv.)
    2. Colts (12-2, first-round bye)
    3. Chargers (9-5)
    4. Steelers (10-5)
    5. Jaguars (10-4)
    6. Browns (9-5)

    Wild Card Weekend
    Browns at Chargers
    Jaguars at Steelers

    PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
    Jan. 5-6: Wildcard Weekend
    Jan. 12-13: Divisional playoffs
    Jan. 20: AFC, NFC championships
    Feb 3: Super Bowl (University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.)

    At what point should I go forth and buy tickets, to ensure that I won't end up paying out the arse only to end up watching two teams I couldn't give a hoot about?

    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    "The" wrote:
    I thought about posting this in help, but it seems to fit here as well.

    Being that I live about 3 hours south of Seattle, I've been thinking for a while now that if the Vikes make the playoffs, and end up playing the Seachickens, I'd like to make the trek up to support our boys at Qworst Stadium.

    Right now, if nothing changes, the schedule would look thus (blatantly stolen from espn):

    NFC
    1. Cowboys (13-2, home-field adv.)
    2. Packers (12-2, first-round bye)
    3. Seahawks (9-5)
    4. Buccaneers (9-5)
    5. Giants (9-5)
    6. Vikings (8-6)

    Wild Card Weekend
    Vikings at Seahawks
    Giants at Buccaneers

    AFC
    1. Patriots (14-0, home-field adv.)
    2. Colts (12-2, first-round bye)
    3. Chargers (9-5)
    4. Steelers (10-5)
    5. Jaguars (10-4)
    6. Browns (9-5)

    Wild Card Weekend
    Browns at Chargers
    Jaguars at Steelers

    PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
    Jan. 5-6: Wildcard Weekend
    Jan. 12-13: Divisional playoffs
    Jan. 20: AFC, NFC championships
    Feb 3: Super Bowl (University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.)

    At what point should I go forth and buy tickets, to ensure that I won't end up paying out the arse only to end up watching two teams I couldn't give a hoot about?

    Thanks for the help.
    I wouldn't buy tickets until the Vikings actually secured a playoff spot.
    With the way the Giants are playing, if the Vikings win out, it's quite possible they could move up to the 5th spot.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    Holy Shit! I work January 5th in Orlando, FL! Our game better be on Sunday? Does anyone have any info on what time the games usually are and what days?

  4. #4
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    I thought about posting this in help, but it seems to fit here as well.

    Being that I live about 3 hours south of Seattle, I've been thinking for a while now that if the Vikes make the playoffs, and end up playing the Seachickens, I'd like to make the trek up to support our boys at Qworst Stadium.

    Right now, if nothing changes, the schedule would look thus (blatantly stolen from espn):

    NFC
    1. Cowboys (13-2, home-field adv.)
    2. Packers (12-2, first-round bye)
    3. Seahawks (9-5)
    4. Buccaneers (9-5)
    5. Giants (9-5)
    6. Vikings (8-6)

    Wild Card Weekend
    Vikings at Seahawks
    Giants at Buccaneers

    AFC
    1. Patriots (14-0, home-field adv.)
    2. Colts (12-2, first-round bye)
    3. Chargers (9-5)
    4. Steelers (10-5)
    5. Jaguars (10-4)
    6. Browns (9-5)

    Wild Card Weekend
    Browns at Chargers
    Jaguars at Steelers

    PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
    Jan. 5-6: Wildcard Weekend
    Jan. 12-13: Divisional playoffs
    Jan. 20: AFC, NFC championships
    Feb 3: Super Bowl (University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.)

    At what point should I go forth and buy tickets, to ensure that I won't end up paying out the arse only to end up watching two teams I couldn't give a hoot about?

    Thanks for the help.
    I wouldn't buy tickets until the Vikings actually secured a playoff spot.
    With the way the Giants are playing, if the Vikings win out, it's quite possible they could move up to the 5th spot.

    =Z=
    My thoughts as well. But with the Seahawks already guaranteed a spot, I fear all the tix will be gone by the time I know for sure. Alas!

  5. #5
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Holy Shit! I work January 5th in Orlando, FL! Our game better be on Sunday? Does anyone have any info on what time the games usually are and what days?
    On Wild-Card weekend, 2 games are played on Saturday (3 and 6:30, I believe) and two on Sunday (Noon and 3:30).
    Same for the divisional round the next week.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #6
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Holy Shit! I work January 5th in Orlando, FL! Our game better be on Sunday? Does anyone have any info on what time the games usually are and what days?
    On Wild-Card weekend, 2 games are played on Saturday (3 and 6:30, I believe) and two on Sunday (Noon and 3:30).
    Same for the divisional round the next week.

    =Z=
    Thanks Z, I should be OK then. I am done at 3pm.

  7. #7
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    Xmas List

    #1- The Vikes make the playoffs.

    #2- Give them the latest playoff game on the Sunday...I'll be running around a few airports otherwise, and I don't want to miss a second.

    oh yeah...#3...a Super Bowl would be nice

    #4- Rushing title for AP and Rookie of the Year honours.


    A fairly modest list, I'd say.

  8. #8
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    "huxx" wrote:
    Xmas List

    #1- The Vikes make the playoffs.

    #2- Give them the latest playoff game on the Sunday...I'll be running around a few airports otherwise, and I don't want to miss a second.

    oh yeah...#3...a Super Bowl would be nice

    #4- Rushing title for AP and Rookie of the Year honours.


    A fairly modest list, I'd say.
    and very doable.

  9. #9
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    Its very doable
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: If playoffs, where will Vikes play?

    If playoffs, where will Vikes play?
    ??? IF?


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. V4L's Play By Play Jax Vs. Vikes 2nd Half
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 12:56 AM
  2. V4L's Play By Play Jax Vs. Vikes 1st Half
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. Lack Of Consistant Top Play Will Hurt Come Playoffs
    By Frostbite in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 12:48 PM
  4. DARREN WOODSON TO PLAY WITH THE COWBOYS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!
    By Jordan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 12:00 AM
  5. If we get to the playoffs who would you want to play.
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •